Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I noticed on the Disney website the hours for the studios on May 23rd are 9:00am to 6:00pm. Does anyone know why they will be closed so early that night? Is there a special event?

Could it be for a private party?

As if I wasn't geeking out about going enough- I find out that our WDW trip coincides with SWW. . . yeah- if my friends and family had any remaining doubts about my sanity- I have cleared them up. :rotfl2:

As if I wasn't geeking out about going enough- I find out that our WDW trip coincides with SWW. . . yeah- if my friends and family had any remaining doubts about my sanity- I have cleared them up. :rotfl2:

Yep. My dad is going with us and I was telling him and DH about SWW and, apparently, rambling. He said "you're not excited, are you?" Lol. Maybe...

JamiLeigh said:
Anyone know if Disney Star Wars themed shirts for boys I could find, prior to our trip in May?

I just bout 2 Star Wars shirts (not Lego Star Wars) at Kmart for my DS (8) - a yoda one and another one with storm troopers and such.. I have found a few on amazon.com and one Vader shirt we have came from Walmart.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi,
I noticed on the Disney website the hours for the studios on May 23rd are 9:00am to 6:00pm. Does anyone know why they will be closed so early that night? Is there a special event?

The conference I'm going there for is having its opening ceremony there that night :-) :-) :-) !!!

Do any of the characters continue to meet during the parade? For the ones that don't, about how long before parade time do they leave their spots? Thanks!! This is possibly the single greatest info thread ever...

Does anyone happen to know if there are any SWW extras available with the Photopass +, as compared to the regular Photopass? I'm thinking about getting it mainly for the extra stock photos and the ride photos, since we're only doing two character meals (one of which has photos included in the price). Does the Jedi Academy have have any extra photo opportunities?

We are SOOO excited about the Star Wars Weekend! Can't wait 'till May!

Do any of the characters continue to meet during the parade? For the ones that don't, about how long before parade time do they leave their spots? Thanks!! This is possibly the single greatest info thread ever...

last year there were rumors that Darth Vader continued meeting during the parade, I never got to check that out.
I think they leave their post probably 30 to 40 minutes before the parade? again not sure...maybe someone else on this thread has better info.

There are extra borders that are available only during star wars weekends. You can also get a picture fighting an imposed Darth Vader near Rock and Roller Coaster.

bigtony777 said:
There are extra borders that are available only during star wars weekends. You can also get a picture fighting an imposed Darth Vader near Rock and Roller Coaster.

You mean like those magic pics like where Stitch comes out of the ground or you hold Tink in your hand? My son would love that.

Is there a special PP they give out for Jedi Academy (free) like they do with the Pirate Training (I forget what that is called). But the show where the kids who were at Pirate League that day have a parade then watch Jack Sparrow come out and teach the kids how to fight pirates. They gave us a special/free PP card of the whole thing. Of course you have to go through and weed out the pics of the kids who aren't yours but this way everyone gets all the pics. I liked that.

Photopass at JTA - yes they do have a special photopass card specifically for JTA. You will get all the photos. Mixed in at the front during the training, then 4-5 during their bout with DV and a couple at the ceremony at the end.

DS6 has done it twice since Oct and we got the photos for each one. Awesome!

That's so cool! I can't wait to see those. I really hope my son gets picked for the Jedi Academy, but I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

lesliekatya said:
That's so cool! I can't wait to see those. I really hope my son gets picked for the Jedi Academy, but I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

You don't get picked, you sign up. You'll need to do that immediately upon rope drop.

You don't get picked, you sign up. You'll need to do that immediately upon rope drop.

Oh, thanks for the info! I thought there was something the CM's picked the kids for. Fighting Darth Vader, maybe? Or is that all participants? I think I'm confused.

Oh, thanks for the info! I thought there was something the CM's picked the kids for. Fighting Darth Vader, maybe? Or is that all participants? I think I'm confused.

They were picked from the audience a few years back. In recent years it is a sign-up process. Jedi Training Academy is the fighting DV thing.

Got it, thanks! :-) Can't wait!!

and, like Delmar411 said, you have to be at the park at least 20 minutes before it opens and go straight to the sign up area (last year during SWW it was at Indiana Jones) because it fill up very quickly.
During non SWW days the sign up is at Sounds Dangerous.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Clone Wars series being cancelled, and how that may effect SWW? Do you think that Ashley Eckstein and James Arnold Taylor will continue to be involved after this year?

Also, does anyone have any information about the series itself? Will it continue on Disney XD, or has it been out right cancelled? My kids (and DH) are devistated. They need to know what happens to Ashoka!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter