**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Can anyone tell me if they have seen the more expensive blue lightsaber in the park? I had seen it in the launch bay last year for around 150-200. I looked pin the shop park app but it is not showing. I a.m. looking for the original silver handle one. It is for a Christmas gift. TIA!

Try Game Stop. My son wanted the green one and (thanks to a cm pointing me in the right direction) I found it there. Good luck!

So follow up question on the dessert party. I went and booked it for Feb but now I'm slightly concerned about the standing tables. We will be there with our 5 year old. Has anyone taken younger kids (or seen younger kids there)? How was the height of the table? Is there really no seating anywhere? TIA!
We've been taking DGD to the HS dessert parties since she was 5 (she's 9, almost 10 now) and she's never had a problem with the tall tables. She can reach the top of them without problem.

This is the last year ds can wear costumes in the park. He had a blast at Launch Bay. He used a banana as a blaster.

IMG_20171030_175024_866.jpg Resized_IMG_20171030_175345_883.jpeg

He'd love to wear his Krennic costume, but not sure what can be done about the cape? Rules say no capes on adults. No mention about kid capes. But I'm sure full length wouldn't get in the park. Cutting the cape length is the best option that I can think of. No cape, loses the integrity of the character.

IMG_20171108_095534_006.jpg

He'd love to wear his Krennic costume, but not sure what can be done about the cape? Rules say no capes on adults. No mention about kid capes. But I'm sure full length wouldn't get in the park. Cutting the cape length is the best option that I can think of. No cape, loses the integrity of the character
Very nice. Does the cape touch the ground? Not sure, but I thought that if kid's costumes don't drag on the ground, they're ok. I see kids wearing the Jedi night and Harry Potter robes, which can be only a few inches off the ground, on a regular basis. Princess dresses are long too. Would that length work?

This is the last year ds can wear costumes in the park. He had a blast at Launch Bay. He used a banana as a blaster.

View attachment 283780 View attachment 283781

He'd love to wear his Krennic costume, but not sure what can be done about the cape? Rules say no capes on adults. No mention about kid capes. But I'm sure full length wouldn't get in the park. Cutting the cape length is the best option that I can think of. No cape, loses the integrity of the character.

View attachment 283782
As long as it doesn't touch the ground the cape is ok. Don't cut the cape, in any case pin it up a couple of inches

Very nice. Does the cape touch the ground? Not sure, but I thought that if kid's costumes don't drag on the ground, they're ok. I see kids wearing the Jedi night and Harry Potter robes, which can be only a few inches off the ground, on a regular basis. Princess dresses are long too. Would that length work?

As long as it doesn't touch the ground the cape is ok. Don't cut the cape, in any case pin it up a couple of inches

Thanks. Didn't think about robes, that's true. We can hem it.

Not being the most observant person, I believe that there are low tables as well.
We were able to get a low table in June. There are some there. Some were marked reserved, to be handicap accessible, but not all of them were. My kids still sat on the floor though. Our table was right by a wall.

So.....it's been years....but I have HS memories of taking a break with little ones by spreading out a blanket on some grass (in an area criss-crossed by sidewAlks) for snacks and playtime. Could this have been the area in front of the theater SWAGS is projected on? Would I be able spread out a blanket to picnic and relax as a way of staking out a SWAGs viewing spot??

We will be there late Spring Break season- week of April 16.

(Dessert party a possibility....but not sure my family will like the idea as much as me and we may be better off not committing to a certain night)

I have HS memories of taking a break with little ones by spreading out a blanket on some grass for snacks and playtime. Could this have been the area in front of the theater SWAGS is projected on? Would I be able spread out a blanket to picnic and relax as a way of staking out a SWAGs viewing spot??
Grass, real grass? The SWaGS viewing area is mostly concrete now. There's not much time between when the movable stages leave the Center Stage area and the start of the first projection show. Spreading out a blanket and having a picnic is unlikely. Hold on to that memory though.

Thanks, fastpasser. Current maps don't seem to reflect the landscape I remember....but I didn't want to make plans based on assumptions.

Oh! And it could have been artificial grass all those years ago....but it was definitely green and not cement

Could someone please verify that the Inside Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at the Epic Theatre during the Galatic Nights event is the same place as Indiana Jones stunt show? Thanks in advance!

We have tickets for the Galactic Nights on Dec. 16. I don't see too much about it though. Like I don't see them doing the rock n roller coaster to star wars music like they had in April. Does anyone know if that will be open? Also, what QS restaurants will be open? TIA!

We have tickets for the Galactic Nights on Dec. 16. I don't see too much about it though. Like I don't see them doing the rock n roller coaster to star wars music like they had in April. Does anyone know if that will be open? Also, what QS restaurants will be open? TIA!
The RnRC wasn't included in the events description this past April either but they do it as a surprise.
I seem to remember Backlot Express and the ones on Sunset open in April. Unfortunately you won't find much info released other than what's already on the official page

someone told me that you need theme park admission to get into the Galactic Nights party on dec. 16. This is false, right? Only need tickets to the party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter