**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So follow up question on the dessert party. I went and booked it for Feb but now I'm slightly concerned about the standing tables. We will be there with our 5 year old. Has anyone taken younger kids (or seen younger kids there)? How was the height of the table? Is there really no seating anywhere? TIA!

When we did the party in the summer this year families with smaller children were letting them sit on the floor by the table with a plate of food. There's only a few benches in the Launch Bay and they filled up fast.

When we were waiting to be let into the party pretty much every group of people that got in line after us were complaining to the cast members about there being nowhere to sit after walking around the park all day. Some of them were quite nasty to the cms about it tbh

The lack of seating is because of fire safety and also lack of space, if they were to add chairs the capacity for the party would be lower and the price higher
Nobody should be complaining to the cm at the party about it because it is clearly stated on the booking page but you can always send Disney an email and maybe changes can be done

There's only a few benches in the Launch Bay and they filled up fast.
If you're referring to the few benches that were in the party area, they have since been removed.
were complaining to the cast members about there being nowhere to sit after walking around the park all day. Some of them were quite nasty to the cms
What were they expecting those CMs to do?. Considering that the party is not put on by the Launch Bay or DHS, taking it out on the Launch Bay CMs was pointless.

If you're referring to the few benches that were in the party area, they have since been removed.

Ahhh, I didn't know they'd taken those benches out since the summer. That's a shame. We sat there while we were waiting to be let in.

What were they expecting those CMs to do?. Considering that the party is not put on by the Launch Bay or DHS, taking it out on the Launch Bay CMs was pointless.

Exactly. It was completely unnecessary. I don't know why people have to be like that. I don't think most people realise the party isn't run by Disney but even still, there's no reason to take it out on those cms who are just doing there jobs and have nothing to do with it. They probably thought if they complained loud enough those cms would run off and magic up some seats just for them.

Ahhh, I didn't know they'd taken those benches out since the summer. That's a shame. We sat there while we were waiting to be let in.
When we were there a couple of weeks ago, the benches were there...we sat on them with our little trays (that we brought from home), and took turns going for food/drinks. Certainly not enough for everyone to sit on, but people seemed to come and go.

When we did the party in the summer this year families with smaller children were letting them sit on the floor by the table with a plate of food.
This adult and the adults she met at the party, along with the accompanying children of various ages, sat on the floor as well, and we weren't alone. Absolutely not a big deal at all. I completely get why chairs would be impractical.

That said, I AM looking forward to the chairs and assigned seating at the JBJB dessert party. FastPasser, have you worked any of those yet?

at the top of the steps, close to the meet and greets. Still convenient for the party though....
Yup, that's outside the party area, but as you said, still convenient, but no tables with those benches.

The benches previously in the party area along the wall were removed because people were arguing about who should have them, so they were all removed as they weren't supposed to be there to begin with.

Yup, that's outside the party area, but as you said, still convenient, but no tables with those benches.

The benches previously in the party area along the wall were removed because people were arguing about who should have them, so they were all removed as they weren't supposed to be there to begin with.
Well, that's why we brought our little trays along.... hee hee hee...helped to balance our food and drinks, and a whole lot of CMs came by and commented on what a great idea they were! (Called Party Pal tray - Amazon).
upload_2017-11-16_13-3-43.png

Thanks all. My concern is about my daughter not reaching the height of the table while standing. Those party trays seem like a good idea. Can strollers be brought in the dessert party area?

Thanks all. My concern is about my daughter not reaching the height of the table while standing. Those party trays seem like a good idea. Can strollers be brought in the dessert party area?
I think your best option is to grab a table close to a wall and have your daughter sit on the floor by said wall so she is not in anyones way

They're very tall tables, thus most younger/smaller children will not be able to. I'm sure you'll find a way to work it out, even if she's sitting on the floor or you hand her the plate as she needs it.

Not the best picture, but here’s my 5 YO standing (dancing) at the table. While about chest high on him, he was able to reach without issue.
C7AAAA6A-C4A8-4BDE-BFB9-EC8E1CDF8930.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!