***Official March 2021 Thread***

Looks like my March trip will actually be happening. Was not 100% sure until the last week or so. My friends that I am meeting have confirmed that they are moving forward with going to. I would have gone solo, but happy to get to see my friends. So will be there 3/5 - 3/12 at BCV (friends are 3/8 - 3/12 at BCV). I still have to purchase airfare (which is dropping fast now). My AP situation is squared away (Premier Pass (the one for both DL and WDW) has been extended to 3.31). And meals booked --- Rainforest Cafe AK, Beaches and Cream, Teppan edo, Hollywood Brown Derby, Topolino's (dinner), and Ale & Compass. I am excited, but keeping it quiet from most family and friends as it is bad in CA right now, and I don't want too much judgement on choosing to go. I need a vacation so badly.

Booked the first week of March today for POP! Looking forward to it, but also concerned about the bus transportation...I’ve heard conflicting reports on the bus wait times.

Booked the first week of March today for POP! Looking forward to it, but also concerned about the bus transportation...I’ve heard conflicting reports on the bus wait times.
Hi! I was there in late November and I had heard the same things. My trip was short and I had several "must dos" on my list, so I read a lot of reports here. This is what I did:

I took the bus to Animal Kingdom, which was fine - I got in line about an hour and a half before the park opened, and I was on the first bus. For MK and HS, I made dining reservations at adjacent restaurants for breakfast super early in the morning and was one of the first people in the parks each day. I did have to Uber there, but it was so easy and inexpensive, it was worth it to me!

MK - I ate at Chef Mickey's and took the Monorail.
HS - I ate at Trattoria al Forno and walked to HS on the path. I was scared but it was so easy.

I am taking my 9 year old daughter with me in March, and we are doing the same plan. We are going to be there longer, so on some days, we will take the Skyliner/bus instead of doing breakfast - I am willing to chance missing rope drop on duplicate park days.

I hope this helps you or anyone else! POP was great otherwise. Hippy Dippy was groovy, the grounds were immaculate, the staff as wonderful as ever. Another tip - if you are going to eat at POP, mobile order your food well in advance and click "I'm here" when you are walking there.

Looks like my March trip will actually be happening. Was not 100% sure until the last week or so. My friends that I am meeting have confirmed that they are moving forward with going to. I would have gone solo, but happy to get to see my friends. So will be there 3/5 - 3/12 at BCV (friends are 3/8 - 3/12 at BCV). I still have to purchase airfare (which is dropping fast now). My AP situation is squared away (Premier Pass (the one for both DL and WDW) has been extended to 3.31). And meals booked --- Rainforest Cafe AK, Beaches and Cream, Teppan edo, Hollywood Brown Derby, Topolino's (dinner), and Ale & Compass. I am excited, but keeping it quiet from most family and friends as it is bad in CA right now, and I don't want too much judgement on choosing to go. I need a vacation so badly.

Got you added to the list. One of my nieces going with us is living in California right now so I understand your not wanting to tell people.

If you wanna post your actual dates I will add you to the list. If you're not comfortable listing dates I can just add you under "first week". We were staying at Pop but moved to AoA so I had read quit a bit of info on Pops current transportation situation before we switched resorts. There is so many different conflicting reports on it that it's hard to even determine whats going to be accurate for your trip time. It's frustrating not knowing what to expect isn't it.

Hi! I was there in late November and I had heard the same things. My trip was short and I had several "must dos" on my list, so I read a lot of reports here. This is what I did:

I took the bus to Animal Kingdom, which was fine - I got in line about an hour and a half before the park opened, and I was on the first bus. For MK and HS, I made dining reservations at adjacent restaurants for breakfast super early in the morning and was one of the first people in the parks each day. I did have to Uber there, but it was so easy and inexpensive, it was worth it to me!

HS - I ate at Trattoria al Forno and walked to HS on the path. I was scared but it was so easy.

I am taking my 9 year old daughter with me in March, and we are doing the same plan. We are going to be there longer, so on some days, we will take the Skyliner/bus instead of doing breakfast - I am willing to chance missing rope drop on duplicate park days.

I hope this helps you or anyone else! POP was great otherwise. Hippy Dippy was groovy, the grounds were immaculate, the staff as wonderful as ever. Another tip - if you are going to eat at POP, mobile order your food well in advance and click "I'm here" when you are walking there.

Great pointers! Thank you.

Alsoooo I JUST booked my flights so it's officially official - March 4th-8th at the Grand Floridian with my sister for her birthday trip :) I kind of had to ruin the "surprise" because of the timing consideration of her vaccine shots but it was just as good seeing her reaction to telling her why I was asking so many questions about it XD Plus I got her the Snacks Magic Band which I can surprise her with (she is going to LOVE it, she has the iphone case and we love snacks). I'm so excited!!! Our ADRs for these dates are near perfect too.

Got your official dates updated.

Hi all!

March will be here before we know it! I'm so excited! I'm also a little bummed about the hours so far. There were a couple of ADR's I wasn't able to get (I'm looking at you Oga's and Sci-Fi :headache:). I keep checking to see if the hours were extended which would bring in more ADR opportunities. So far we have ADR's for: Tutto Italia, 50's Prime Time, The Plaza at MK (we've never been there so it'll be fun to try someplace new), Sanaa and California Grill (my husband has never been here so I hope he likes it!).

Anyway, I keep checking on those hours and ADR's. You never know!

Hi all!

March will be here before we know it! I'm so excited! I'm also a little bummed about the hours so far. There were a couple of ADR's I wasn't able to get (I'm looking at you Oga's and Sci-Fi :headache:). I keep checking to see if the hours were extended which would bring in more ADR opportunities. So far we have ADR's for: Tutto Italia, 50's Prime Time, The Plaza at MK (we've never been there so it'll be fun to try someplace new), Sanaa and California Grill (my husband has never been here so I hope he likes it!).

mid you weren’t going to be there the week before us, I was gonna say I had a sci-fi reservation I will be dropping once we decide which one we want to keep but that won’t help you at all. Lol.
I am expecting them to extend the hours for March as well. I think I read it should be about 3 weeks before but not sure. So I will be looking for later reservations on a couple meals if they do that.

I would totally be down for taking ubers to breakfast, except we have 2 in car seats and i think that would be expensive. I am so mad the Minnie van service isn’t running right now. Such a bummer!

If you wanna post your actual dates I will add you to the list. If you're not comfortable listing dates I can just add you under "first week". We were staying at Pop but moved to AoA so I had read quit a bit of info on Pops current transportation situation before we switched resorts. There is so many different conflicting reports on it that it's hard to even determine whats going to be accurate for your trip time. It's frustrating not knowing what to expect isn't it.
First week is fine to post! TY! It is frustrating and I’m debating on whether or not to rent a car. I hate having the stranded feeling, especially with little ones in tow.

Hi all!

When were you looking for Oga’s? I have an ADR for Saturday the 6th at 11:55 that I’ll probably drop.

Hi we’re in for March 1st to the 6th. Staying partly at our timeshare then Caribbean Beach Resort👏👍🎉🎉

Got you added to the list. EEK! Your countdown will be down to one month in a couple days! That's so exciting!

54 days.... I am beyond ready for a vacation after the sh- show of a year that was 2020. Although to be honest, Disney is not really a vacation, its a fun trip lol.

54 days.... I am beyond ready for a vacation after the sh- show of a year that was 2020. Although to be honest, Disney is not really a vacation, its a fun trip lol.

Lol even in pandemic-era later park openings and earlier closings I could not help myself running from attraction to attraction and going hard to maximize my time :rotfl2: My sister and I were discussing our trip on Saturday and I was like "You know, we don't HAVE to wake up at the crack of dawn on this trip and go hard all day, we could like take a pool break or just take it easy and go slow?" and she rightly pointed out that that's just not who we are XD So yeah, I also am in desperate need of vacation but I don't expect it to be restful :rotfl2:

I missed being added to the list last month with my first post, but we will be there 3/25-30. Staying at CBR. So excited! Booked ADRs on Sunday and actually was able to snag everything we wanted, at least close to the times we wanted them. Right now we are booked for Via Napoli for Epcot day, 50s and Sci Fi for HS day (will probably drop one, but our group could not decide!!), Yak n Yeti at AK, The Boathouse at DS, Chef Mickey for one breakfast, and Topolinos for breakfast on departure day. The only one we are not sure of is for MK. We currently have Crystal Palace and LTT booked, but both get such meh reviews. Wondering which one to drop, or if we should try for a Tony's instead? MK's table service is just so.......lackluster.

Mostly I wonder how crowded it's going to be with the combination of spring break and Easter. We were there for a spring break week in 2019, and it was crowded, but it was not close to Easter. :oops:

I missed being added to the list last month with my first post, but we will be there 3/25-30. Staying at CBR. So excited! Booked ADRs on Sunday and actually was able to snag everything we wanted, at least close to the times we wanted them. Right now we are booked for Via Napoli for Epcot day, 50s and Sci Fi for HS day (will probably drop one, but our group could not decide!!), Yak n Yeti at AK, The Boathouse at DS, Chef Mickey for one breakfast, and Topolinos for breakfast on departure day. The only one we are not sure of is for MK. We currently have Crystal Palace and LTT booked, but both get such meh reviews. Wondering which one to drop, or if we should try for a Tony's instead? MK's table service is just so.......lackluster.

Mostly I wonder how crowded it's going to be with the combination of spring break and Easter. We were there for a spring break week in 2019, and it was crowded, but it was not close to Easter. :oops:

Sorry about that. I have you added now. You will be there the same week as me (only you'll be there longer). I wish Crystal Palacae was doing breakfast right now because we always do breakfast there for a PPO time. We also have Yak & Yeti reservations for AK day, Sci-Fi for HS and LTT for one of our MK days.

Woke up at 3:50 AM this morning but was able to get all the reservations we wanted!

27th- Arrival Day (This is the only one I am contemplating. We get in at 2pm and are dropping our bags and heading straight for Epcot) Right now we have Via Napoli booked but we also are thinking about just eating at the Flower and Garden booths.

28th- MK- Whispering Canyon 7:30 AM
Liberty Tree Dinner

29th- AK- Yak and Yeti- 11AM
Planet Hollywood- 6pm

30th- HS- Ale and Compass- 8AM
Sci-Fi - 12PM
Hollywood and Vine- 7PM

31st- EP- Topolinos- 8AM
Rose and Crown- 1PM
Biergarten- 7PM

1st- MK- Chef Mickeys- 7:30 AM
Crystal Palace- 12PM
Paradiso 37- 7pm

2nd- AK- Thinking of just winging it this day with some CS

We are also worried about crowds, I keep trying to tell myself Disney is only open to so much of a capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter