• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official March 2021 Thread***

I always have questions about transportation. I watch a few vloggers on YouTube & I did see one where they were at MK then wanted to eat at Geyser Point, so took the friendship boat. They asked the boat captain how long the boats would be running so they could get back to their car & was told boat service stopped at 9pm. But when they finished dinner at 8pm, no more boats. No other transportation back to MK since the park closed at 6pm so they had to pay to uber back to the parking lot. They were not the only ones stuck at WL after having dinner either. That's an extra expense that most people won't know to plan for.

Another food blog recommended booking ADRs at park close, so you can exit after the park is clear, but what about transportation back to my resort? Does Disney still keep buses running as long as there are guests in the park eating dinner? Or if I dine at Sanaa for dinner, would I have to find my own transportation back to Boardwalk if we finish eating at 8pm? The only Disney buses would be from AKL to DS since all the parks would be closed by 7pm or earlier, right?

If you are dining in the parks after it closes, yes they make sure you have a bus to get back to your resort. If you're eating at another resort and it's at least an hourcafter the parks close you would have to go to DS (as long as DS is open) and catch a bus from there to your own resort. If it's too late to go to DS, the I am assuming you would have to Uber or Lyft back to your resort. Or at least this is what all I am understanding.

This will be our third trip to WDW since it has reopened with restrictions. Our family members have agreed that we are safe going to a place like WDW because of how good mask compliance has been. We have also been very careful to limit risk by spending less time in parks and indoor restaurants than we usually would.

Going to WDW is one of the safest things we could do in our situation because our state, Illinois, has so many restrictions that there is nothing to do except go shopping and spend time outdoors.
Ah! I am from Illinois as well. What part? I am NW suburbs of Chicago!

Well today was ADR day...
I snagged several we wanted but not always on the day or time we wanted. I will also need to release several after my sisters and I decide which time slot we want to keep.

So far we have:
Skipper Canteen
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci-Fi
Yak & Yeti
Beaches & Cream

Still trying to decide on arrival day. We wanted to start our trip with the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream but now we are having it our last day.
Another day will be spent with snacking around the world showcase.

If you are dining in the parks after it closes, yes they make sure you have a bus to get back to your resort. If you're eating at another resort and it's at least an hourcafter the parks close you would have to go to DS (as long as DS is open) and catch a bus from there to your own resort. If it's too late to go to DS, the I am assuming you would have to Uber or Lyft back to your resort. Or at least this is what all I am understanding.

Yikes, I did not give any thought to that. I "assumed" that the buses would run awhile after closing to get everyone out, even those eating late. We booked a few dinners near closing time (CRT) due to not wanting to use up the limited park time. Do you advise shifting reservations back some?

Yikes, I did not give any thought to that. I "assumed" that the buses would run awhile after closing to get everyone out, even those eating late. We booked a few dinners near closing time (CRT) due to not wanting to use up the limited park time. Do you advise shifting reservations back some?

If your eating in the park you are fine. They will make sure everyone dining in the park has a way to get back to their resort/vehicle. The only time you may have to Uber is if you're at another resort and it's an hour past park/DS closing. For example, we are going to be at Beaches and Cream for a 9:05 pm ADR to end our trip on a bang by having the kitchen sink. Since Disney Springs is open until 11:00 we may could grab a bus from BEach club to DS and then a DS bus to AoA but because Epcot and HS both close at 7:00 (at least right now) we couldn't walk over there and catch the skyliner back to AoA because it wouldn't be running because it would be past the hour after park closing time. Of course it would run longer as long as there were people waiting for it but we wouldn't be there in time to do that. So we will probably just Uber back to AoA instead of taking the bus to DS then a bus to AoA. Does that make sense or make it more confusing LOL

From what I understand if you are dining in the park after it closes, they ask which resort you are staying at so they can make sure and get you back there when you are finished.

ADR Day! Whee! It went very well - more smoothly than my trip back in November. I got:

50's PrimeTime

The Wave
Skipper's Canteen (park close)

Teppan Edo

Trattoria al Forno
Beaches and Cream

Chef Mickey (NOT at a good time; I will keep trying to modify/set up alerts)
Be Our Guest (park close)

Yak and Yeti

just got all my dinner reservations
day 1 via napoli
day 2 hollywood and vine
day 3 be our guest
day 4 rose and crown
day 5 open
day 6 skipper canteen

ADR Day! Whee! It went very well - more smoothly than my trip back in November. I got:

50's PrimeTime

The Wave
Skipper's Canteen (park close)

Teppan Edo

Trattoria al Forno
Beaches and Cream

Chef Mickey (NOT at a good time; I will keep trying to modify/set up alerts)
Be Our Guest (park close)

Yak and Yeti

We got skipper canteen as well. I've never eaten there but my daughter suggested it so I snagged it for a lunch on friday the 26th.

We got skipper canteen as well. I've never eaten there but my daughter suggested it so I snagged it for a lunch on friday the 26th.

I loved it when I went in November. I am not sure my daughter will love the food - but I will! :rotfl:

I loved it when I went in November. I am not sure my daughter will love the food - but I will! :rotfl:

LOL, I'm the only real picky person in my group so if anyone doesn't like it, it will be me. If all else fails I'll eat off the kids menu :rotfl2:

I have to say, even though I will keep looking for a better time for one of the ADRs, I am so glad to have that behind me now. Now I can focus more on getting a couple of matching shirts ready for us.

We just had to switch our dates. So now we are March 17 to 23 at CSR. A couple of questions for you guys.

I added an extra day so now I have 5 day park tickets. Also, we now have two weekend days. I have read other places to do HS on the weekend because it is always crowded. Does that sound right? I currently have HS booked on Saturday and Sunday to make sure we get our boarding group for ROTR. But honestly, I don't think I would want to do HS twice. Thinking maybe of making Sunday a repeat MK day.

I see all this talk about ADRs. Does anyone not do ADRs? We are all vegetarians and the vegetarian options are not great for TS. And I just don't want to spend $200 for lunch! Any must do TS for vegetarians?

We just had to switch our dates. So now we are March 17 to 23 at CSR. A couple of questions for you guys.

I added an extra day so now I have 5 day park tickets. Also, we now have two weekend days. I have read other places to do HS on the weekend because it is always crowded. Does that sound right? I currently have HS booked on Saturday and Sunday to make sure we get our boarding group for ROTR. But honestly, I don't think I would want to do HS twice. Thinking maybe of making Sunday a repeat MK day.

I see all this talk about ADRs. Does anyone not do ADRs? We are all vegetarians and the vegetarian options are not great for TS. And I just don't want to spend $200 for lunch! Any must do TS for vegetarians?
I would do a 2nd MK day, but that is just me! Fingers crossed you can get a BG.

Re: ADRS: I think many people don't do a lot of TS for all kinds of reasons. I understand your thoughts for sure especially if you are vegetarian. Most places will only have a couple vegetarian options. I will say - I ate the veggie tofu noodles at Skippers Canteen and it was one of my favorite meals even as someone who eats meat.

Add us in,

Family of Six staying at Shades of Green March 27th arrival leaving April 3rd.

ADRs in a couple days! So excited! Since DD's birthday is April 2nd she is hoping for Cinderella's table... :)

I would do a second MK day as well, but I have read Sundays are the worse day for MK. I don't know if that's true or not though because I usually arrive on Sundays so we don't go to a park until Monday.

I would be perfectly fine with no ADRS myself. I am not a foodie and more of a snacker anyways. I also am not vegetarian, but can live without meat because I don't care for a lot of it. I only made ADRs because the others in my group wanted to do sit down meals.

Add us in,

Family of Six staying at Shades of Green March 27th arrival leaving April 3rd.

ADRs in a couple days! So excited! Since DD's birthday is April 2nd she is hoping for Cinderella's table... :)

Got you added to the list. Hope you guys can snag an ADR at CRT! How special that would be for your daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter