• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official March 2021 Thread***

Love them! I am taking my new plain red one and my Minnie "all about the bow" one from 2019 trip. I love the specialty ones.
We’ve never bought the specialty ones before—just got the “free” ones—but since we had to pay anyway it was an easy upsell this year. It was so fun picking them out!

I see all this talk about ADRs. Does anyone not do ADRs? We are all vegetarians and the vegetarian options are not great for TS. And I just don't want to spend $200 for lunch! Any must do TS for vegetarians?
The only ADR I did on my October trip was Sci-Fi Drive-In, because my experience there in January was less than stellar due to sharing a car with a large and boisterous family, and I wanted to try it during distancing (it was great).

I’m pretty picky, so I eat a lot of burgers and fries at Disney, which are simple enough to get at QS. TS is nice for a guaranteed, extended AC break, but I mostly want to eat and get back to the fun, and since I go solo, what I want is all that matters 😆😆

The only ADR I did on my October trip was Sci-Fi Drive-In, because my experience there in January was less than stellar due to sharing a car with a large and boisterous family, and I wanted to try it during distancing (it was great).

I’m pretty picky, so I eat a lot of burgers and fries at Disney, which are simple enough to get at QS. TS is nice for a guaranteed, extended AC break, but I mostly want to eat and get back to the fun, and since I go solo, what I want is all that matters 😆😆

If I ever do a solo trip that's what I would do too. I honestly was hoping that's what most of my group would want to do on this trip but they wanted some ADRs.

I posted on the main forum but figured you guys would probably know. How close to your arrival date can you switch resorts if needed? I am still waiting on my mom to confirm she is going and payment is due on the 27th. But anyhow if she does decide to cancel AFTER the date (I know she will lose money) we will need to switch resorts to get a bigger room.

EDIT: Someone responded and said;
Rooms and Packages
To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through April 30, 2021.

Last edited:
I posted on the main forum but figured you guys would probably know. How close to your arrival date can you switch resorts if needed? I am still waiting on my mom to confirm she is going and payment is due on the 27th. But anyhow if she does decide to cancel AFTER the date (I know she will lose money) we will need to switch resorts to get a bigger room.

EDIT: Someone responded and said;
Rooms and Packages
To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through April 30, 2021.

Oh wow this is good to know in case my niece in LA isn't able to come due to restrictions.

DH and I are booked for Feb. 28 through March 7! This is my first trip and my DH's first trip since he was a kid. We have 5 park days booked. Starting Monday as follows- HS, MK, AK, Epcot, HS.

We booked ADRs and got a few good ones but missed out on Rose & Crown for our Epcot day. I'm hoping we can join the walk-up list if we don't find a reservation before the day. We got 2 ADRs for Oga's- lunch on the first day and dinner on our last park day, Beaches & Cream dinner on our first HS day, and BOG on MK day. Beauty and the Beast is DH's favorite so BOG is a must-do.

Any tips for other dining at resorts would be much appreciated!

DH and I are booked for Feb. 28 through March 7! This is my first trip and my DH's first trip since he was a kid. We have 5 park days booked. Starting Monday as follows- HS, MK, AK, Epcot, HS.

We booked ADRs and got a few good ones but missed out on Rose & Crown for our Epcot day. I'm hoping we can join the walk-up list if we don't find a reservation before the day. We got 2 ADRs for Oga's- lunch on the first day and dinner on our last park day, Beaches & Cream dinner on our first HS day, and BOG on MK day. Beauty and the Beast is DH's favorite so BOG is a must-do.

Got you added to the list. I am curious to hear what you think of Oga's after your trip. I keep hearing mixed reviews. Some love it and some say it's a once and done deal. I almost tried to book for us just to say we went, but nothing on the menu sounds appealing to me so I didn't book it.

Got you added to the list. I am curious to hear what you think of Oga's after your trip. I keep hearing mixed reviews. Some love it and some say it's a once and done deal. I almost tried to book for us just to say we went, but nothing on the menu sounds appealing to me so I didn't book it.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan so we HAD to do Oga's during our first visit to Galaxy's Edge in Dec 2019. It was so well done & themed perfectly BUT there were so many restrictions (can't leave your spot once you are placed, must order everything at once, limited menu for non-drinkers) that I couldn't get really good pics of DJ Rex or the creatures living in the bar. Sad face. With the current spacing requirements, you might be able to get a better picture because there would be less people around to block your photo. I was determined to collect the different coasters & our server was kind enough to include a few sets with our Porg mug. I couldn't bring myself to buy the beer sampler to get the Rancor teeth cups because none of us partake in alcohol & it would be such a waste! Those collectables are so cool tho. For us, it was really a one & done no matter how much I loved being inside. I think there's a "secret" menu item which is a type of charcuterie board but ask for specifics on what's in it since you said you're a picky eater. People have said it's "weird". I was fine with the jello rations dish (overpriced for jello!) & the snack tray with chips, crackers & some sort of dip, but other reviewers have said it was "weird" as well. They use Asian snack crackers which we eat a lot here in Hawaii, but not common in other parts of the US. They're trying to make it "outer space" in appearance (?!).

We will be at WDW the same dates as you, and we will be at HS and Beaches and Cream for lunch on your first HS day. :) Epcot will have the Flower and garden show open when you go there on Thursday, so you have the option of eating around the world if you can't get Rose and Crown.

We will also be at MK on the same day as you, although we will be eating at Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch that day. :)

I'm a huge Star Wars fan so we HAD to do Oga's during our first visit to Galaxy's Edge in Dec 2019. It was so well done & themed perfectly BUT there were so many restrictions (can't leave your spot once you are placed, must order everything at once, limited menu for non-drinkers) that I couldn't get really good pics of DJ Rex or the creatures living in the bar. Sad face. With the current spacing requirements, you might be able to get a better picture because there would be less people around to block your photo. I was determined to collect the different coasters & our server was kind enough to include a few sets with our Porg mug. I couldn't bring myself to buy the beer sampler to get the Rancor teeth cups because none of us partake in alcohol & it would be such a waste! Those collectables are so cool tho. For us, it was really a one & done no matter how much I loved being inside. I think there's a "secret" menu item which is a type of charcuterie board but ask for specifics on what's in it since you said you're a picky eater. People have said it's "weird". I was fine with the jello rations dish (overpriced for jello!) & the snack tray with chips, crackers & some sort of dip, but other reviewers have said it was "weird" as well. They use Asian snack crackers which we eat a lot here in Hawaii, but not common in other parts of the US. They're trying to make it "outer space" in appearance (?!).

Yeah, I don't drink alcohol either so that was another factor in me not booking. While I think it would be cool to go in and see, it's not worth it for me personally from what everyone else has said. Thanks for the info.

We just had to switch our dates. So now we are March 17 to 23 at CSR. A couple of questions for you guys.

I added an extra day so now I have 5 day park tickets. Also, we now have two weekend days. I have read other places to do HS on the weekend because it is always crowded. Does that sound right? I currently have HS booked on Saturday and Sunday to make sure we get our boarding group for ROTR. But honestly, I don't think I would want to do HS twice. Thinking maybe of making Sunday a repeat MK day.

I see all this talk about ADRs. Does anyone not do ADRs? We are all vegetarians and the vegetarian options are not great for TS. And I just don't want to spend $200 for lunch! Any must do TS for vegetarians?

I also had HS booked on a Saturday because if it's always at capacity then it doesn't matter, but right now for tomorrow as an example there is still park reservation availability for all 3 buckets - any locals have a POV on this?

Also re: ADRs I N-E-V-E-R did them before our last trip and stuck to QS/Disney Springs restaurants and still had a great time and ate well ;) They're not required to have a great trip, but if you're the kind of person who likes to take a break or a guaranteed seat while you eat we really valued them for that reason on our last trip. The quality is also better than QS without being too much more expensive if it's not like fine/signature option, so that's nice too. But don't feel like you HAVE to do sit downs and make ADRs if you don't want to or they don't fit your touring style!

Alsoooo I JUST booked my flights so it's officially official - March 4th-8th at the Grand Floridian with my sister for her birthday trip :) I kind of had to ruin the "surprise" because of the timing consideration of her vaccine shots but it was just as good seeing her reaction to telling her why I was asking so many questions about it XD Plus I got her the Snacks Magic Band which I can surprise her with (she is going to LOVE it, she has the iphone case and we love snacks). I'm so excited!!! Our ADRs for these dates are near perfect too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter