***Official June 2023 Thread***

Oh cool. All us June trippers will be doing Behind the Seeds! LWTL somehow became one of our favorites and we love the music. Oh I forgot about the Tron Identity Program! I wonder if my son would want to do this. I'll take a look at what is available. I bet he'll say no and ask to do the Savi's workshop again lol. He loved light sabers and those crystal thingies you can get for it.
My hubby is doing savi’s as well. We only have one hilt and one color left to get though, so this will be the last trip there. My daughter will be at the droid depo at the same time building her first “all by herself “ droid. With the identity program , bbb, behind the seeds, a fireworks dinner and dessert party, along with both after hours parties, This is gonna be a very active trip. 😂

My hubby is doing savi’s as well. We only have one hilt and one color left to get though, so this will be the last trip there. My daughter will be at the droid depo at the same time building her first “all by herself “ droid. With the identity program , bbb, behind the seeds, a fireworks dinner and dessert party, along with both after hours parties, This is gonna be a very active trip. 😂

The start of our trip is going to be jam packed. My birthday especially. We have droid depot, Savi’s, and Oga’s after park close so we can get pics with our sabers after. I have an R unit from my last trip, but this will be the first time for us at Savi’s (gf has not been since GE opened). I am going to be completely nerdy and try to build the saber my original Jedi Consular character had in the old Knights of the Old Republic game.

We have a couples massage at GF booked the day we switch to the Poly because they allow you use of the spa facilities the full day, and figured it would be a nice way to relax while our room isn’t ready. We talked about doing H20 Glow in lieu of the regular water park day we had planned and somehow ended up booking a HEA dessert party instead 😂 Post party was sold out so we’re doing the pre party again. I’m sad about no spring rolls but we really just want the spot tbh. I think we’ll do a lazy afternoon start and stack some rides with G+.

Our dining reservations are all set! We've got Garden Grill breakfast, Biergarten, Homecomin' brunch, Space 220 lounge, Roundup Rodeo, Steakhouse 71, and a few others. I'm still considering a HEA dessert party, Epcot AH, or maybe a trip to the GF or SSR spa. I just sadly had to get my surgery date bumped to June 6th which has me nervous about recovery before our travel on June 24th. However, it's just a laparoscopic gallbladder removal, so I'm hoping I will be cleared for the rides! Fingers crossed for good news at my appt tomorrow. If you had to choose between HEA dessert party or Epcot AH, which do you think I should go for? Both would be new for my husband and I, and we already have Studios AH plus H20 glow booked.

Our dining reservations are all set! We've got Garden Grill breakfast, Biergarten, Homecomin' brunch, Space 220 lounge, Roundup Rodeo, Steakhouse 71, and a few others. I'm still considering a HEA dessert party, Epcot AH, or maybe a trip to the GF or SSR spa. I just sadly had to get my surgery date bumped to June 6th which has me nervous about recovery before our travel on June 24th. However, it's just a laparoscopic gallbladder removal, so I'm hoping I will be cleared for the rides! Fingers crossed for good news at my appt tomorrow. If you had to choose between HEA dessert party or Epcot AH, which do you think I should go for? Both would be new for my husband and I, and we already have Studios AH plus H20 glow booked.
I haven't heard much about the Epcot AH yet so it's hard to say. Do you have several EP days? If so, maybe the HEA dessert party. It's a fun way to watch HEA and having a secure spot to watch is so nice! HEA is one of our favorite things!

Hope you get good news at your appointment!🤞

The start of our trip is going to be jam packed. My birthday especially. We have droid depot, Savi’s, and Oga’s after park close so we can get pics with our sabers after. I have an R unit from my last trip, but this will be the first time for us at Savi’s (gf has not been since GE opened). I am going to be completely nerdy and try to build the saber my original Jedi Consular character had in the old Knights of the Old Republic game.

We have a couples massage at GF booked the day we switch to the Poly because they allow you use of the spa facilities the full day, and figured it would be a nice way to relax while our room isn’t ready. We talked about doing H20 Glow in lieu of the regular water park day we had planned and somehow ended up booking a HEA dessert party instead 😂 Post party was sold out so we’re doing the pre party again. I’m sad about no spring rolls but we really just want the spot tbh. I think we’ll do a lazy afternoon start and stack some rides with G+.
Your trip sounds so awesome!

Your trip sounds so awesome!

It's been a long time coming, so we really wanted to make it special. :)

We ended up booking an umbrella for our Typhoon Lagoon day ...I just did not want the hassle of trying to storm the place first thing in the morning to get chairs in the shade when I've never been before. But also because we will have a late evening the night before at MK EEH and want to sleep in a little. This is supposed to be one of our chill relaxing days so the "go go go" stress of rope dropping chairs sort of defeats the purpose! :rotfl2:

It's been a long time coming, so we really wanted to make it special. :)

We ended up booking an umbrella for our Typhoon Lagoon day ...I just did not want the hassle of trying to storm the place first thing in the morning to get chairs in the shade when I've never been before. But also because we will have a late evening the night before at MK EEH and want to sleep in a little. This is supposed to be one of our chill relaxing days so the "go go go" stress of rope dropping chairs sort of defeats the purpose! :rotfl2:
That sounds like the perfect way to do Typhoon Lagoon. Late morning, shady spot, sounds fabulous!

Just scored our last dining reservation for our departure day ADR for Topolino's for 4/4 (no 8 available) five minutes apart! We are traveling with friends who haven't been to WDW since right before Toy Story Land opened and am so excited since there are so many new things for them to see and do. We like to end trips here and our friends haven't ever been.

Making ADRs has been both easy and hard for this trip, lol. We are staying at Shades of Green and I think WDW no longer allows SOG guests to book resort character breakfasts at 60+10. I've been monitoring on and off for over a week and it seems there is a consistent midnight drop for resort character breakfasts at 60 days for SOG instead of 6 a.m. This is new.

For everything else in the parks and non-character meals, I was able to book at 60+9 like normal and didn't even have to split up 8 people to do it, plenty of ADRs. So, short story long :)....we have a Port Orleans Riverside reservation a few days earlier and I was able to get Topolino's a while back at 60+2 with no problem, so they've definitely tweaked these ADRs' availability for SOG.

I'm going to cancel that one and was wondering if anyone traveling in late June is interested in Topolino's on Friday, 6/23 for 4 people at 12:05 p.m. If so, PM me and we can try to coordinate :)

Last edited:
I once did a week at Disney about 2 weeks after gall bladder removal, I was glad it was able to be done laparoscopically (they never know until they get in there!) or it would’ve been a totally different story. My advice: get a well-fitting post-surgical binder for your torso. I remember feeling like my organs were falling all over the place when walking and the binder helped a lot with all the steps. And you will take it slower than a normal trip. Best wishes!

I'm actually a little sad now, all the planning is done. The only thing left to do is wait....5 weeks from today we leave!
Yeah we're in the awkward "we've done everything logistically needed but it's a little too early to start packing in earnest" stage here. I had our TA book Tiffany Town Car for us yesterday and that was the last thing we needed to really do. I am starting to take inventory of my travel stuff to see what needs replacing or replenishing. The frantic Amazon shopping is about to start, lol.

I'm actually a little sad now, all the planning is done. The only thing left to do is wait....5 weeks from today we leave!
Well...you still need to pack. that in itself is daunting.
To keep the momentum I am still looking at ADRs...not sure why since I got everything I wanted.
I also need to do the DAS stuff less than 30 days out.
...and should I get a stroller even though my kids are 7 and 10? haha...they will get tired and I don't want to have to leave the France pavilion.

Yeah we're in the awkward "we've done everything logistically needed but it's a little too early to start packing in earnest" stage here. I had our TA book Tiffany Town Car for us yesterday and that was the last thing we needed to really do. I am starting to take inventory of my travel stuff to see what needs replacing or replenishing. The frantic Amazon shopping is about to start, lol.
Yeah time to take inventory. Cooling towels since it will be June, antacids for the late overindulgence, a gallon of sunblock, anti-chafing cream and blister bandages...a case of 5 hour energy....the little things.

Well, I cancelled several ADRs, lol. I ALWAYS DO THAT! We were wishy washy on them, and several like Topolinos and Sci Fi are ones that I know people are always searching for so I hope I made someone's day . My family is really pushing for a laid back, no rushing, just enjoying being there trip, and we decided that the fewer ADRs we have, the less scheduled we feel.

I really wish we could pre-buy Genie + this year for length of trip again. It was so much easier. We know for sure we're going to get it our first 2 days, and then we will re-evaluate from there...

You mean you don't have an amazon list called WDW essential all ready to go? Just me? HAHA! Our last day of school is May 19 and I told my kids the first thing we are doing after our workdays is go through the "Disney box" and toiletries bag.

You mean you don't have an amazon list called WDW essential all ready to go? Just me? HAHA! Our last day of school is May 19 and I told my kids the first thing we are doing after our workdays is go through the "Disney box" and toiletries bag.
I have a "Didney Whorl" list on there :rotfl2: but I tend to put a lot of random things on it...

Well, I cancelled several ADRs, lol. I ALWAYS DO THAT! We were wishy washy on them, and several like Topolinos and Sci Fi are ones that I know people are always searching for so I hope I made someone's day . My family is really pushing for a laid back, no rushing, just enjoying being there trip, and we decided that the fewer ADRs we have, the less scheduled we feel.

I really wish we could pre-buy Genie + this year for length of trip again. It was so much easier. We know for sure we're going to get it our first 2 days, and then we will re-evaluate from there...
Probably will buy Genie + on days I plan on hopping to HS and MK so I can stack. Otherwise will utilize early entry and extended hours (staying at Boardwalk so have these for MK and Ep).

As for ADRs...yeah. I think my surprise at getting all I wanted is making me reluctant to cancel...might change as I start looking at the value of going to a place where I know my kids won't like the food...Roundup for example...but holding for now. In fact just added Beaches and Cream for arrival day...if not just for ice cream to start the trip!

Probably will buy Genie + on days I plan on hopping to HS and MK so I can stack. Otherwise will utilize early entry and extended hours (staying at Boardwalk so have these for MK and Ep).

As for ADRs...yeah. I think my surprise at getting all I wanted is making me reluctant to cancel...might change as I start looking at the value of going to a place where I know my kids won't like the food...Roundup for example...but holding for now. In fact just added Beaches and Cream for arrival day...if not just for ice cream to start the trip!
Same we are always tinkering with ADRs more than anything. Adding and canceling. Because it was so easy to get things this time I am doing a lot of pruning. I managed Topalino's breakfast and Garden Grill lunch on my birthday and was unsure of which one to keep, ultimately I went with GG even though I've been there before because gf hasn't and when I went the characters were still distanced. I am still waffling on Rosa Mexicano on our arrival night, we may want to play it by ear.

We have a few days where we have no ADR booked at all, intentionally this time. We want to be less scheduled too. Only ones we have at all during the Poly part of the trip are Wine Bar George, Citricos, Space 220 Lounge and CRT. A definite change from having one booked every day the way we used to.

Well...you still need to pack. that in itself is daunting.
To keep the momentum I am still looking at ADRs...not sure why since I got everything I wanted.
I also need to do the DAS stuff less than 30 days out.
...and should I get a stroller even though my kids are 7 and 10? haha...they will get tired and I don't want to have to leave the France pavilion.
Oh, I've already got 90% of my pack list done. I've been buying my essentials slowly since the beginning of the year. Nothing is actually in my suitcase yet, but it won't take me but an hour to have it done when the time comes. I've already got cooling towels, chargers, fans, new water bottles, tons of propel packets, a fully updated medicine kit equipped with everything from antacids to blister tape. My daughter has a brand new wardrobe ready to go and a new pair of Chacos ready to break in. 😄

Over the years, I've learned that one sit down a day works best for my family. I've also found that reservation is usually best a lunch reservation. That way we can do what ever we want in the afternoon, be it pool time, or another park. The only exceptions to that rule really are our last two days when we know we will be at Epcot and MK all day. Then I will make dessert party/fireworks dining reservations.

I still might change park passes given I want it to be balanced. For example Wednesday night MK closes at 12a..so thinking we will get a LOT done (If Ohana doesnt knock us out haha) so just cancelled last park pass and changed to AK (love the safari first thing while everyone else is running to Pandora).

Then will eventually make it to MK for the final night fireworks (and tears).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter