• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official June 2023 Thread***

We just wrapped up booking ADRs yesterday. There are 11 of us, and we are staying off property in a VRBO from the 17th-24th. Only doing a few park days, but decided to stay onsite at Movies just for our MK night to get early park access and a place for mid-day naps/AC.

We’ve got Disney Springs on arrival day with lunch at Rainforest Cafe (nostalgia fam memories here, not so much an ADR for good food ha).

Sunday is our Animal Kingdom day with an early Yak and Yeti reservation. So happy to snag this with a large group.

We’ve got Chef Mickey’s on Tuesday and plan to do a little hop around the monorail after.

Wednesday is Magic Kingdom. We managed to get a Be Our Guest dinner reservation, but not sold on this one.

Thursday is an adults EPCOT After Hours adventure (grandparents keeping kids).

Friday is 4 pm Hoop de Doo to cap off the week. May explore Fort Wilderness beforehand since we’ve never been.

Excited that it’s not too far away now!

Some posters said 60+5 and 60+9. What is that?
If you are staying on property you can reserve your ADRs 60 days prior to arrival + x amount of days forward so you can reserve for your entire trip. For example I am going 6/24-7/2 (9 days) so I could schedule 60+9 (which I did today).

Ok so ADR morning has come and gone. Let the second-guessing and tweaking period (the next 2 months) commence!

Arrival Day 6/24- Hoop-Dee-Doo Category 1 8:30pm (praying my flight goes as planned).
6/25- Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner- considered Prime Time but we had a great meal at Melrose...can't go wrong with pasta and kids AND their steak and mac and cheese are pretty phenomenal.
6/26- Sanaa Dinner. Bread service is a requirement every trip.
6/27- Roundup Rodeo Lunch. On the fence with this one as my kids are somewhat picky eaters.
6/28- Ohana Dinner. Kids will most likely eat the noodles and then we will order nuggets and fries like last time. A very expensive order of nuggets and fries.
6/29 (no park day so hotel hopping)- Whispering Canyon Lunch, T-Rex Dinner (my son- "I can't wait to hear them go extinct!".
6/30- keeping open for Garden Grill breakfast whenever those are released.
7/1- Space 220 Lounge Dinner. Also might pop into Biergarten solo ;)
Departure Day 7/2- Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' Brunch. (they better not change my flight again!)

In all a smooth morning. 220 lounge reservations appeared (about 6:15) and disappeared pretty quick so if this is what you want keep at it.
Wow, nice list! Sounds like a great trip!! We are on the fence too about Roundup Rodeo.
I support your expensive Ohana nuggets. Disney chicken breast nuggets are my favorite food in all if WDW!😂

We just wrapped up booking ADRs yesterday. There are 11 of us, and we are staying off property in a VRBO from the 17th-24th. Only doing a few park days, but decided to stay onsite at Movies just for our MK night to get early park access and a place for mid-day naps/AC.

We’ve got Disney Springs on arrival day with lunch at Rainforest Cafe (nostalgia fam memories here, not so much an ADR for good food ha).

Sunday is our Animal Kingdom day with an early Yak and Yeti reservation. So happy to snag this with a large group.

We’ve got Chef Mickey’s on Tuesday and plan to do a little hop around the monorail after.

Wednesday is Magic Kingdom. We managed to get a Be Our Guest dinner reservation, but not sold on this one.

Thursday is an adults EPCOT After Hours adventure (grandparents keeping kids).

Friday is 4 pm Hoop de Doo to cap off the week. May explore Fort Wilderness beforehand since we’ve never been.

Excited that it’s not too far away now!
Sounds like so much fun! Congrats!

We're not doing any parties this trip but will be using the late magic hours at MK and EP. Are you doing the MK and EP after hours? We did the MK one in March and it was so fun and we rode everything we wanted without rushing.
Yes! We will be doing both after hours parties back to back this trip. But on the up side, Epcot after hours will not be our only Epcot day. The plan is to do HS after hours, sleep in, spend the afternoon in the World Showcase, then use AH for rides that we want to repeat. Of course Friday is our last day, and we will be in the MK open till close that day.... 🙃 Nothing we haven't done to many times before.

I'm happy to see so many people's plans coming together nicely. Looks like it's gonna be a great month for Disney trips!

Garden grill breakfast ADRs now available for reservations starting June 14. Menu a little different Our only character meal for the trip.. considered Tusker House but prefer quick service in AK (Satuuli, Nomad Lounge).
Very different experiences for sure, I never did breakfast at GG because the sticky bun that everyone raved about I couldn't actually eat because of my allergies. But I had dinner there and enjoyed it, the character interaction was fantastic even though it was during covid protocols when they were doing it at a distance. We are having it for my birthday lunch this trip.

Tusker House I've had breakfast at twice and loved it both times. Food is more unique, I find Disney TS breakfasts pretty same-y. I think if your focus is the characters I prefer the family style of GG vs. a buffet situation, it is always a little stressful trying to track where the characters are and time going up to get food so you don't miss them. But my favorite way to do the buffets is book a late breakfast on a day I'm rope dropping the park, so it serves as a nice break when it starts getting crowded in the morning. And you also get them transitioning to lunch so it's more like a brunch situation.

Very different experiences for sure, I never did breakfast at GG because the sticky bun that everyone raved about I couldn't actually eat because of my allergies. But I had dinner there and enjoyed it, the character interaction was fantastic even though it was during covid protocols when they were doing it at a distance. We are having it for my birthday lunch this trip.

Tusker House I've had breakfast at twice and loved it both times. Food is more unique, I find Disney TS breakfasts pretty same-y. I think if your focus is the characters I prefer the family style of GG vs. a buffet situation, it is always a little stressful trying to track where the characters are and time going up to get food so you don't miss them. But my favorite way to do the buffets is book a late breakfast on a day I'm rope dropping the park, so it serves as a nice break when it starts getting crowded in the morning. And you also get them transitioning to lunch so it's more like a brunch situation.
This is EXACTLY what we do. When the girls were little, we did it at Tusker and Akershus and Hollywood and Vine LOL!! I don't love the post-covid reincarnation of Akershus, but Tusker, last breakfast reservation, is one of our favorite meals on property! It's fun, the foods are good and unique, and Mickey and Jambo juice are there!

Yeah I love Tusker House but it also comes down to what I think my kids will eat..finding that balance is difficult. I know I will be needing to ask them to take all the spices off the corn of the cob at Backyard BBQ.... I know they won't eat much off the Ohana menu (except the pot stickers and noodles) so I will need to order nuggets. They might eat a little of the bread service at Sanaa but "hey Sanaa has pizza on the kids menu!"

It gets a little exhausting but it's vacation and "Throw it on my magic band...it's not real $$$...yet" delays the sticker shock for a bit.

Also staying away from buffets...I just find them gross...otherwise Boma would warrant consideration.

Lastly there are still a TON of ADRs available for the week of my trip...heavy hitters like Ohana dinner. Topolinos breakfast, and Space 220 among them. So perhaps the crowds will be more manageable than anticipated being the first week of summer. Fingers crossed!

I went ahead and booked Behind the Seeds for 6/5. Wanted it for my birthday when we are eating at Garden Grill but none of the few times available worked for us. I suspect the word might be out about this tour, was shocked to see how booked up it was. I did it as a walkup in 2019 and there was only me and a couple in the group. My gf is big into gardening and we love Living With the Land so this will be a fun treat for her.

I went ahead and booked Behind the Seeds for 6/5. Wanted it for my birthday when we are eating at Garden Grill but none of the few times available worked for us. I suspect the word might be out about this tour, was shocked to see how booked up it was. I did it as a walkup in 2019 and there was only me and a couple in the group. My gf is big into gardening and we love Living With the Land so this will be a fun treat for her.
I wanted 6/5, but had to book Behind the Seeds for 6/1.

Your right, not many time slots open that fit our days (6/1 to 6/6)

I wanted 6/5, but had to book Behind the Seeds for 6/1.

Your right, not many time slots open that fit our days (6/1 to 6/6)
I wanted 5/30 and there were only a couple of afternoon slots that didn't work for us because we will be resting at the resort for our break, and we are hopping to HS that night for Savi's. There were no morning slots left at all when I looked for our other dates, either. It was really surprising! So we ended up taking the last one on 6/5, we have dinner at Space 220 Lounge that night and the timing worked. Will not cut into our break time at Poly and will give us enough time before our ADR. But I was really shocked by the lack of times available.

We booked this too! I have somehow turned from a black thumb into a plant lady so I'm looking forward to it. Even our kids are pretty excited abut this one... go figure!

LOL! We too will be doing a Behind the Seeds tour this June. My daughter is obsessed with Living with the Land for some reason, and last year she asked if we could go in the rooms behind the ride. I told her we would do it this year, and so it shall be. I also plan on doing the Tron Identity Program this year. I think my hubby and daughter will get a real kick out of being turned into action figures. There was plenty of availability, so it's either not very popular, or not many people know about it. It looked pretty fun via the YouTube videos though, and I'm up for trying most things Disney at least once.

LOL! We too will be doing a Behind the Seeds tour this June. My daughter is obsessed with Living with the Land for some reason, and last year she asked if we could go in the rooms behind the ride. I told her we would do it this year, and so it shall be. I also plan on doing the Tron Identity Program this year. I think my hubby and daughter will get a real kick out of being turned into action figures. There was plenty of availability, so it's either not very popular, or not many people know about it. It looked pretty fun via the YouTube videos though, and I'm up for trying most things Disney at least once.
Oh cool. All us June trippers will be doing Behind the Seeds! LWTL somehow became one of our favorites and we love the music. Oh I forgot about the Tron Identity Program! I wonder if my son would want to do this. I'll take a look at what is available. I bet he'll say no and ask to do the Savi's workshop again lol. He loved light sabers and those crystal thingies you can get for it.

Oh cool. All us June trippers will be doing Behind the Seeds! LWTL somehow became one of our favorites and we love the music. Oh I forgot about the Tron Identity Program! I wonder if my son would want to do this. I'll take a look at what is available. I bet he'll say no and ask to do the Savi's workshop again lol. He loved light sabers and those crystal thingies you can get for it.
From identity program? Why I am just hearing about this? (Off to google.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter