• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official June 2018***

Have a great trip @Roxyfire !

FYI- my CM daughter just texted and rumor is (take with all the grains of salt for cast member rumors!) is soft opening for Toy Story land June 19...
Probably about as reliable as bus driver information but fingers crossed for those of you going then!
That would be so nice and matches up to when TSMM reopens for its closure. Guess I’ll have to drop in to HS after all during our visit.

Enjoy your trip RF!

Can you please share the name of the FB group you speak of?

We are 27 days away from a 10 day trip to WDW with an offsite stay at the Waldorf Astoria - Bonnet Creek! Yearly family vacation for my wife, DS5, DD2 and I. Also bringing along my mother-in-law with us! We were at WDW exactly 1 year ago today and we cannot wait to go back!

Disney June 2018. It's run by some independent TAs that I likely cannot name here but its a rather large and active group.

So excited! We've decided we're going to go ahead and spill the beans to the kids tonight. I can't contain it anymore. Haha. And, I got our confirmation call for the Highway in the Sky even for hubby and I. It's real, we're going to Disney in just DAYS! *confetti*
I did Highway Dinearound in February, and the food was sooooooooooo good!!!! You'll love it!!!

Today’s the day for us! Off to a slow start due to some computer system malfunction with southwest. Hopefully we don’t have to completely deplane and start over. I can only imagine how disorganized that would be. Good thing we’re going to universal first or we’d be missing some FP already

I know some others of you are starting up soon or might be there already! Bon voyage to you! I’ll be posting some as I have time. I’m also in the Facebook group and I’ll be posting to there as well!
Which FB group? Just making sure I’m not missing any....

Have a great trip!

ETA: never mind...I’m in it. Lol

Last edited:
I did Highway Dinearound in February, and the food was sooooooooooo good!!!! You'll love it!!!

Oh that's good to hear!! DH and I haven't had a date night in -forever-, so the kids are going to the new Pixar thingie while we have a night out. I mean come on, how much better can date night get than at Disney?! Hehe

1/2 day of work today-really planned on pulling stuff together for trip but instead-sitting on deck with wine, enjoying some nice weather.
got my Tumbler a while ago-minnie with monogram (@ArielSRL was it you who had the tumblers?); took it with me to st louis (father in laws bday party)-funny no one was surprised to see me with a Disney cup:rotfl:
Finally bought our Universal tickets too. Planning on season pass upgrade when we go...4 more sleeps til we hit the road!
Yes it was me! Now my DH has one with Pirate Mickey and his radio nickname/handle.

Single digit dancing today!!! Woo hoo! I work today and tomorrow, but then I'm off the weekend. I plan to get magic bands painted and I want to see if I can find some new comfy yet cute sandals. We've never been in the summer so I've always worn sneakers, but now I'm thinking I may want something different on some days. Next week I work Mon-Wed. Off Thu so I'm taking DS2 and GF shopping for stuff like sunscreen, snacks, ponchos, etc. DS1's GF and I noticed last weekend that there's a new beauty collection for Disney at Target so I may pick up some cute stuff for us girls. DS1 is in charge of bringing the cases of water since he'll have more room in his car and he's coming from his base in the Florida panhandle. I work Fri. night and then we leave Sat. morning!

We've never been in the summer so I've always worn sneakers, but now I'm thinking I may want something different on some days.
We were there in June of 2016 and I was glad that I had a second pair of shoes to wear. The frequent afternoon rain showers would get the shoes soaking wet.

Single digit dancing today!!! Woo hoo! I work today and tomorrow, but then I'm off the weekend. I plan to get magic bands painted and I want to see if I can find some new comfy yet cute sandals. We've never been in the summer so I've always worn sneakers, but now I'm thinking I may want something different on some days. Next week I work Mon-Wed. Off Thu so I'm taking DS2 and GF shopping for stuff like sunscreen, snacks, ponchos, etc. DS1's GF and I noticed last weekend that there's a new beauty collection for Disney at Target so I may pick up some cute stuff for us girls. DS1 is in charge of bringing the cases of water since he'll have more room in his car and he's coming from his base in the Florida panhandle. I work Fri. night and then we leave Sat. morning!
Sounds like our plans! We leave late Friday to arrive Saturday night next week. My daughter has no idea!!!! We're so excited!

Current forecast has me a little nervous but I'm packing my Mickey poncho, water-friendly Tevas, mini Totes umbrella, and hoping for the best! (I've been in summer dozens of times and know how Florida rainstorms work, I'm just nervous for no reason - it'll be fun either way!)

We head there Saturday night!

forecast.PNG

Current forecast has me a little nervous but I'm packing my Mickey poncho, water-friendly Tevas, mini Totes umbrella, and hoping for the best! (I've been in summer dozens of times and know how Florida rainstorms work, I'm just nervous for no reason - it'll be fun either way!)

View attachment 326192
That forecast actually looks pretty good, especially compared to last June!

View attachment 326192

That forecast actually looks pretty good, especially compared to last June!

I agree with JennLTX...looks like a pretty good forecast for June. I see the standard afternoon/evening quick-hitting thunderstorm but no all-day rain events and high temps only hit 90 twice during the week. I hope it looks this good when we're there later this month. Enjoy!

Its finally June....we leave in 11 days and I have not started packing nor really putting anything together...I have a few shirts cut out to be pressed but need to finish the rest...i have some things I have bought for the trip and all in a box but nothing....next weekend is going to be busy before we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter