***Official June 2018***

We have to postpone our trip by about a week. I just canceled all of our FP for May 31-June 8, 'Ohana dinner for 5/31 at 5:35, and Garden Grill breakfast on 6/6 at 8:15.

Now to start replanning everything 12 days out.

Well, first week travelers, the long term forecast according to Weather.com does NOT look terrible. I don't mind the typical afternoon thunderstorm, but I am NOT up for another relentless week of rain like we had last year. I'm mostly shocked the highs are all in the upper 80s. Given that we've already got mid 90s here in Houston, it sounds lovely. :love:

IKR! It's already hit 90 here in Kentucky! I was forced to unpack and break in my cooling towel here at home! I've been watching several weather sites and they vary a little but not much at all. Hopefully it stays the same but who knows!

We have been hitting the mid to upper 80's here in upstate New York. With 21 days until we leave, this is a great way to try and get use to the heat.

In the last two weeks I have had two sick kids, a rain storm that decided to flood into our home causing water damage and now I am the lucky one that is sick. On top of that I have tickets to see Kenny Chesney tonight. I'll be the girl sitting down and holding the cold medicine. Ripping out and repairing walls will have to wait until we return. To say I need some Disney magic is an understatement. Come on June 3rd!

Eeeeeek! Exactly one week from right now we will be somewhere between Mississippi and Pop Century! Hehe. I've got one last work shift tomorrow, then I'll be in vacation mode getting the house super cleaned (don't like coming home to a messy house....OCD. LOL) and getting everything packed! I'm so excited. I've also been tracking the weather, and you know...even if it does rain...we're going to make the best of it. My kids play in the rain at home, so just imagine how much more fun that will be at Disney!

In the last two weeks I have had two sick kids, a rain storm that decided to flood into our home causing water damage and now I am the lucky one that is sick. On top of that I have tickets to see Kenny Chesney tonight. I'll be the girl sitting down and holding the cold medicine. Ripping out and repairing walls will have to wait until we return. To say I need some Disney magic is an understatement. Come on June 3rd!
Hope some major pixie dust comes your way soon!! Enjoy the concert too heard it's a great concert!

Yep week from today on the road. We've had typical Florida weather here in MO for past couple weeks-hot, humid and afternoon rain. Been trying to get kids outside as much as possible to acclimate.

I too like to return to a clean house. Since I'm working all week DH and kids will be left daily lists to get this done. I won't even have Friday night to prep-we have a banquet for hubs SERTOMA club then- he's chairman of the board so skipping is not an option - in fact banquet was moved to accommodate our vacation lol!

Last edited:
I have a reservation for 11:30 at hollywood & vine. Is it possible to make a 1:00pm Indiana Jones show. Cannot get an earlier lunch than that and we have plans to visit Disney Springs after the show.

Hi everyone!! :wave:After reading the boards for quite some time, I figured it was time for my first post. Thank you to everyone for all of your wonderful advice! I’m so excited to be joining all of you in June. It will be me, my husband, and our two boys (2 & 4 yrs old). We are doing a split stay starting at POR 6/10-6/16 and then heading over to the YC 6/16-6/23. 2 weeks to go!!!! :yay:

I have a reservation for 11:30 at hollywood & vine. Is it possible to make a 1:00pm Indiana Jones show. Cannot get an earlier lunch than that and we have plans to visit Disney Springs after the show.
That might be pretty tight. If your get seated right away and if the characters come by early and you request check as soon as sit down and if the show doesn't fill up-maybe. They won't allow late comers to show for safety reasons.

Is anyone here planning on having your jedi sign up for Jedi training?? My DD is training there right now, then she trains on Muppets, so I expect she will work both locations, but it would be cool if you have an Alysa help you...:)

In 5 days, we (wife::MinnieMo, two daughters:earsgirl::earsgirl:, and I::MickeyMo) will be in flight on our way to 8 nights on property... 1st in a 1bdrm at Saratoga Springs, the rest in a 1bdrm at the BoardWalk Villas. I

This is a big trip for several reasons. We're celebrating a semester of straight A's in college and high school. This is also our last big trip before our youngest (16) leaves to spend a year (well, 11 months) as a Rotary Youth Exchange student in Denmark. So excited for the opportunities that will offer her (we've been deeply involved in that program since 2004), but also dreading having her gone for so long!

Hi everyone!! :wave:After reading the boards for quite some time, I figured it was time for my first post. Thank you to everyone for all of your wonderful advice! I’m so excited to be joining all of you in June. It will be me, my husband, and our two boys (2 & 4 yrs old). We are doing a split stay starting at POR 6/10-6/16 and then heading over to the YC 6/16-6/23. 2 weeks to go!!!! :yay:

:welcome:

Have a great trip!

In 5 days, we (wife::MinnieMo, two daughters:earsgirl::earsgirl:, and I::MickeyMo) will be in flight on our way to 8 nights on property... 1st in a 1bdrm at Saratoga Springs, the rest in a 1bdrm at the BoardWalk Villas. I

This is a big trip for several reasons. We're celebrating a semester of straight A's in college and high school. This is also our last big trip before our youngest (16) leaves to spend a year (well, 11 months) as a Rotary Youth Exchange student in Denmark. So excited for the opportunities that will offer her (we've been deeply involved in that program since 2004), but also dreading having her gone for so long!

:welcome:

We'll be there at BWV 1BR beginning June 2nd for 3 nights before moving to AKV Jambo 1BR! Ours is a "Best Friends" trip. My granddaughter 15, is bringing her BFF 15. They're celebrating graduating from Middle School.lol I'm bringing my BFF who's never been to WDW before. She's celebrating 5 years cancer free! :lovestruc Have a great trip!

We're pretty much all packed up except for the last minute stuff. I'm sure I'll need to do a couple more loads of laundry before we go and add some things. Need a mani pedi but will wait till day before I go! I still can't keep out of the garden!

4 more days!

That might be pretty tight. If your get seated right away and if the characters come by early and you request check as soon as sit down and if the show doesn't fill up-maybe. They won't allow late comers to show for safety reasons.

Thank you for the quick response. I forgot to mention that we have a FP for the Indian Jones show. Not sure what to do. Hoping to make it work.

How wonderful! Best wishes to your family. My daughter has two more years in high school and I worry that college may make it difficult to make a trip all together considering college costs etc so this trip means a lot to me as well. Going to Disney with young children is magical but it is also magical when you happen to really really like your teens and it feels like going with best friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter