Official July 2018 Thread!

Hi I'm joining in! We are currently booked for May (Memorial Day weekend) but due to dh's work, we might have to switch to July. I'd actually prefer July so I'm hoping his work approves it. We won't know till possibly the end of the month so I decided to start planning for July. Dates would be June 29th - July 7th. I didn't book a room yet but was looking at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter. We haven't stayed at either. I did make some ADRs over the weekend. I just couldn't help myself. I think I should book a room now and cancel later if dh's work doesn't approve his time off.

We did July last year too and had a great trip.

So glad I found this thread. Due to my kids insane schedules we will be vacationing 7/3-10. It's probably not ideal with the holiday and the crowds but I'm excited for the fireworks. We were at Disney last August and the weather was hot, but manageable. I'm assuming july will be similiar. We will be staying at POP century. It was a previous free dining bounce back reservation that I had to adjust, so hotel options were limited. We have stayed at POP once before and liked it, so I'm hoping it will still be OK. There will be construction and room renovations so I'm hoping not too bothersome. Anyway, I'm excited to be back at Disney world no mater the resort or the time of year

Just booked my dining reservations this morning for our July trip! Getting closer. I am home on a snow day (I'm a teacher), so it was all perfect timing. I have been adjusting and tinkering with my plans all day! Can't wait until this weather breaks!
Have you been to Disney in July before? How was it?

Have you been to Disney in July before? How was it?
We have gone twice in June and twice in July. It was hot, but manageable. We have had more rain in June. In July we have gotten the late afternoon downpour and then it is over. Crowds are about the same both months. As long as you plan to rope-drop and go in with a good idea of what you want to do, you should be fine. I always book my fastpasses in the afternoon when the park is most crowded and have a plan for what our day is going to look like. We hit the attractions that usually have long waits during the first 2 hours of the day (unless we have a fastpass later in the day). We rarely wait more than 20 minutes for anything.

We have gone twice in June and twice in July. It was hot, but manageable. We have had more rain in June. In July we have gotten the late afternoon downpour and then it is over. Crowds are about the same both months. As long as you plan to rope-drop and go in with a good idea of what you want to do, you should be fine. I always book my fastpasses in the afternoon when the park is most crowded and have a plan for what our day is going to look like. We hit the attractions that usually have long waits during the first 2 hours of the day (unless we have a fastpass later in the day). We rarely wait more than 20 minutes for anything.
Thank you. I appreciate the advice

Thank you. I appreciate the advice
Anytime! I am a planner, so I use touring plans to make a general plan for each day. I don't always follow it exactly, but it helps save time deciding where to go next during the prime touring hours in the morning.

Yay! I'm glad to see people starting to plan for July! :) I'll update the main post with people's dates this weekend when I have more free time.

Just booked my dining reservations this morning for our July trip! Getting closer. I am home on a snow day (I'm a teacher), so it was all perfect timing. I have been adjusting and tinkering with my plans all day! Can't wait until this weather breaks!

I was actually coming to see if anyone has gotten their ADRs in yet! I get to do mine tomorrow.

We are going in July this year for the second year in a row. Our stay is 7/14-7/21. We went last July for the first time, and I was pleasantly surprised at how manageable the crowds were (anywhere except Pandora). It was hot, but if you hit the parks first thing in the morning and then again in the evening, you can ease the heat at least a little bit. We have our stay booked at the CR for now but that could change if any summer discounts are released later.

For those traveling in July for the first time, I totally recommend EMH in the morning. Last year, there were not huge crowds (except at Pandora) during these early hours, and it really helps avoid the hottest parts of the day!

Jumping in to join everyone. We are booked the 15-23 and then come back the 27 with a niece. I've been in June but never July. Hoping that the weather isn't too different from June. We are used to the high heat and humidity and summer storms though.

Yay! I'm glad to see people starting to plan for July! :) I'll update the main post with people's dates this weekend when I have more free time.

I was actually coming to see if anyone has gotten their ADRs in yet! I get to do mine tomorrow.

Good luck with ADRs. I booked some but I’m already rethinking my plans. It was much easier to book July ADRs compared to November. I booked Garden Grill ppo breakfast (this will be the 3rd time we go here for breakfast) & Via Napoli (we do this every trip too). New to us I booked BOG dinner, Raglan Road dinner & Crystal Palace breakfast. I’m thinking about adding a Hollywood & Vine breakfast. We’ve never done it.

What did everyone else book?

DH was approved for time off in July today and I was able to move our May deposit to July. So funny, yesterday he didn't think he would get an answer till the end of the month and today he got one. We're officially booked for June 29th to July 7th at Port Orleans French Quarter. We've never stayed at this resort so I'm excited to check it out.

Now we're trying to figure out what we want to do on the 4th. I know MK will be crazy for fireworks so maybe Epcot. We went on the 4th last year but just did AK during the day and didn't do anything at night.

Good luck with ADRs. I booked some but I’m already rethinking my plans. It was much easier to book July ADRs compared to November. I booked Garden Grill ppo breakfast (this will be the 3rd time we go here for breakfast) & Via Napoli (we do this every trip too). New to us I booked BOG dinner, Raglan Road dinner & Crystal Palace breakfast. I’m thinking about adding a Hollywood & Vine breakfast. We’ve never done it.

What did everyone else book?
I had an easy time with ADR and I was even a few days past my 180 day mark. We have the free QS dining so we don't do a time of TS. I booked Via Napoli again this year because everyone loves that one last year.
I booked a BOG dinner because we have never tried it.
The grand Floridian cafe. The menu is a bit different but we have really enjoyed it in the past.
Tuscar house breakfast because that's a tradition. Lol

I had an easy time with ADR and I was even a few days past my 180 day mark. We have the free QS dining so we don't do a time of TS. I booked Via Napoli again this year because everyone loves that one last year.
I booked a BOG dinner because we have never tried it.
The grand Floridian cafe. The menu is a bit different but we have really enjoyed it in the past.
Tuscar house breakfast because that's a tradition. Lol

Tusker House breakfast is one of my favorites and how awesome that you guys have a tradition to go there each trip. I like to book a late breakfast there so I can try the lunch offerings. The rest of my family just likes the breakfast items so it's the only way I get to try the other stuff. It works out pretty well for everyone.

I had a pretty easy time getting the ADRs I wanted! Though I'm also up at 6 am every day getting ready for work.

I was able to get:
- 1st seating for Be Our Guest dinner (which was the hardest one to get for 7 people)
- Skipper Canteen lunch
- Kona breakfast

and our group is doing a date night our last night in the parks, so I was able to book couple 1 at Citrico's, couple 2 at Cinderella's Royal Table, and I'm doing Tutto Italia.

Booking ADRs for part 1 of our trip in less than a week. We went doing DDP this time and don’t feel like we need an ADR every day this time. We were thinking SciFi, BOG, Ohana breakfast, and HDDR. On part 2 of our trip my niece is joining us and she hasn’t been since she was 3 or 4. Any fun Dining suggestions for a 15 yo girl that’s not princesses?

Excited to be joining in for July 6-15 at Pop. We were able to book with the free QS meal deal, which will save us a decent amount. We typically visit in late January/early February, so the price difference combined with the heat will be quite an adjustment. ADRs were crazy easy to get, and I even rearranged most of them easily a few days after our 180 day mark. Fingers crossed that the rest of our planning and trip goes as well!

I just booked the Disney Dream for July 20th-23rd. It's our first Disney cruise. We are going to Disney before the cruise, and still haven't decided on a resort. I was thinking Art of Animation to save a little money. So excited. We haven't had a vacation in a while!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter