Official July 2018 Thread!

coloredimage

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

I didn't see a July 2018 planning thread and since I'm already planning for next year I figured there had to be more of us! I found June and August but July seemed left out. If there's a July post already let me know.

I like making things cohesive so:

Table of Contents:
- Dates and Hotel Masterpost
- ADR Masterpost
- PTR/TR Masterpost

Please feel free to join in and share your planning, excitement, and the general hubbub of a year's worth of planning

Dates And Hotel MasterPost

* June 27 - July 6 --- Port Orleans: French Quarter --- wintershawl
* June 27 - July 11 --- ? --- Mainemama
* June 29 - July 7 --- Port Orleans: French Quarter --- dnllmz
* June 30 - July 7 --- ? --- honeymo78
* July 1 - 5 --- Saratoga Springs Resort --- IndianaRRT
* July 1 - 14 --- Copper Creek/Poly Villas/Saratoga Springs --- Euradius
* July 2 - 5 --- ? --- melana
* July 2 - 8 --- ? MikeRx
* July 2 - 9 --- ? --- taraaplin
* July 3 - 8 --- Animal Kingdom Lodge --- hhhaleybird
* July 3 - 11 --- Pop --- Mbuksa
* July 3 - 17 --- Old Key West --- Really_Goofy_Daddy
* July 4 - 7 --- Polynesian --- Erintx7
* July 4 - 18 --- Pop Century --- cwaltjen
* July 6 - 10 --- Grand Floridian --- DuffyDisBear
* July 6 - 10 --- Animal Kingdom Lodge/Grand Floridian --- Ashley Marie
* July 6 - 14 --- Sarasota Springs Resort --- WillandJennB
* July 6 - 15 --- Pop --- atir2002
* July 7 - 14 --- All Star Sports --- 5 at disney
* July 7 - 14 --- Art of Animation --- coloredimage
* July 7 - 14 --- Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek --- cusegoose
* July 7 - 17 --- Beach Club --- Amy M
* July 7 - 20 --- Pop Century --- Shir Kahn
* July 8 - 11 --- Polynesian --- will5mom
* July 8 - 13 --- Animal Kingdom Lodge --- Sleepingbeauty101
* July 8 - 17 --- All Star Movies --- ceemys
* July 8 - 17 --- Pop/Windsor Hills --- Kellykins1218
* July 9 - 13 --- All Star Sports --- Templemom
* July 9 - 14 --- Pop Century --- j2thomason
* July 14 - 23 --- Animal Kingdom Lodge --- DaisyMom09
* July 14 - 23 --- Pop Century --- Minniemouse07
* July 14 - 19 --- ? --- 2Pirates2Princesses
* July 14 - 21 --- Pop --- TinkerTracy
* July 15 - 21 --- Dolphin --- RLGNC
* July 15 - 21 --- Pop? --- lynzi2004
* July 15 - 23, 27-? --- ? --- Capang
* July 16 - 19 --- All Star Sports --- mekay1012
* July 17 - 25 --- Yacht Club --- JakeandAdamsmom
* July 17 - 25 --- Caribbean Beach --- uccats97
* July 18 - 22 --- Polynesian --- hereforthechurros
* July 19 - 26 --- Polynesian --- Summer2018
* July 20 - 23 --- Copper Creek/Disney Dream --- Rustysmom
* July 21 - 23 --- All Star Movies --- Bethislucy
* July 21 - 27 --- Port Orleans: French Quarter --- deepdishdino
* July 22 - 27 --- Beach Club --- BusySpeechMom
* July 22 - 28 --- All Star Music --- RHMH (Midori)
* July 22 - August 2 --- Coronado Springs/Beach Club Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge ---
Jfsag123
* July 25 - 29 --- Port Orleans: French Quarter --- cmarsh31
* July 25 - 30 --- Port Orleans: French Quarter --- bebec22
* July 26 - August 4 --- Wilderness Lodge --- KNJWDW
* July 27 - August 4 --- Port Orleans: Riverside --- Shula
* July 28 - August 4 --- Port Orleans: Riverside --- ItsNotMuchofaTail
* July 28 - August 4 --- Pop --- chuckml
* July 28 - August 4 --- Animal Kingdom Lodge: Kidani --- LoverDisney
* July 29 - August 3 --- Port Orleans: Riverside --- BobbyDukes
* July 30 - August 6 --- Pop/Beach Club --- Spunky946
* July 30 - August 7 --- ? --- Rach73

Last edited:

Thanks for starting this! I'd been looking as well. We're planning for a possible triple split stay next July. Right now booked for 2 nights at Coronado Springs, 6 nights at BCV, and thinking of trying to add 3 more at a different resort. Tentative dates are 7/22-8/2. We've never been in July before, but went in June last year and dealt with the crowds and heat okay. Can't wait!

Thanks for starting this! I'd been looking as well. We're planning for a possible triple split stay next July. Right now booked for 2 nights at Coronado Springs, 6 nights at BCV, and thinking of trying to add 3 more at a different resort. Tentative dates are 7/22-8/2. We've never been in July before, but went in June last year and dealt with the crowds and heat okay. Can't wait!

Welcome! I'm glad there's someone else out there already planning 8 months in advance :)

I'm in the budgeting stages of my planning at the moment, though we did end up putting down the deposit last week. I'm so excited!

I'm looking at planning my first ever July trip for 2018 as scheduling around all the kid's school, sports, activites, and my husband's job is making it impossible any other time of year. Was wondering if anyone has gone in July before and how awful the heat and crowds actually are! I've read the last two years haven't seemed as bad crowd wise but I'm unsure what that really means and crowd calendars all have different advice. Looking to do 8 days at hopefully Beach Club or Boardwalk and thinking that the morning park, afternoon break, and evening park strategy might be our best bet. I've only ever done full day moring til fireworks park days also so this entire trip planning is throwing me for a loop! Hoping for some insight, some advice on which might be the best week to choose, and to hear other July planner's plans! :)

I'm looking at planning my first ever July trip for 2018 as scheduling around all the kid's school, sports, activites, and my husband's job is making it impossible any other time of year. Was wondering if anyone has gone in July before and how awful the heat and crowds actually are! I've read the last two years haven't seemed as bad crowd wise but I'm unsure what that really means and crowd calendars all have different advice. Looking to do 8 days at hopefully Beach Club or Boardwalk and thinking that the morning park, afternoon break, and evening park strategy might be our best bet. I've only ever done full day moring til fireworks park days also so this entire trip planning is throwing me for a loop! Hoping for some insight, some advice on which might be the best week to choose, and to hear other July planner's plans! :)

I have been in July before! It is hot, but it's usually the humidity that gets to me more than anything. It can be crowded, because of schools being out, etc., but if you have a basic plan and know you have to sometimes go with the flow it won't be as bad. Our general plan (remember, this is what works for us, but we are a group of adults and while it works for us it may not work for you):

- rope drop (or as close to rope drop as we can, we tend to show up 20 minutes later to let some of the crowd through) whatever we want our morning park to be. We make our FP+s starting around 10:30-ish because we tend to grab coffee/breakfast in the park or ride some rides that don't have long lines yet

- we usually eat lunch around 2. Unless we specifically want a sit down breakfast/dinner someplace we usually have lunch as our big meal of the day. It gets us out of the heat of the day.

- after lunch we go back to the hotel. We take the time to walk through stores back to the front of the park and the buses. We take a break for 1-2 hours, depending on how hot it is, what people want to do (take a nap/swim/just sit in the AC/change clothes). This sometimes also helps us miss the afternoon rainstorm, which is great!

- while we're at our hotel we figure out (if we haven't already) where we want to go for park number two and check FP availability, knowing that our "first priority" fastpasses were for the morning park. We make a basic plan and head back out by 5:30, 6 at the latest. Sometimes the heat drains you. We tend not to have hotel evenings because we want to enjoy everything Disney has to offer, but sometimes we just hotel hop, sometimes we spend time in Disney Springs.

Boardwalk/Beach Club are great hotels for the afternoon break. Last time I stayed at Boardwalk it was in July a few years ago, and it was super convenient. Also, there are buskers and little things to do all along the boardwalk area so if you and your family want to just look around instead of fully stopping, it's a nice area to do so!

I know this may not be helpful, but it's the way I've done it in the past so it may give you some idea of how you can chunk your trip as you're planning? I'm usually a rope drop to close kind of person too, and it CAN be done in July - I have done it! - it's just that the humidity moreso than the heat is super draining.

I have been in July before! It is hot, but it's usually the humidity that gets to me more than anything. It can be crowded, because of schools being out, etc., but if you have a basic plan and know you have to sometimes go with the flow it won't be as bad. Our general plan (remember, this is what works for us, but we are a group of adults and while it works for us it may not work for you):

- rope drop (or as close to rope drop as we can, we tend to show up 20 minutes later to let some of the crowd through) whatever we want our morning park to be. We make our FP+s starting around 10:30-ish because we tend to grab coffee/breakfast in the park or ride some rides that don't have long lines yet

- we usually eat lunch around 2. Unless we specifically want a sit down breakfast/dinner someplace we usually have lunch as our big meal of the day. It gets us out of the heat of the day.

- after lunch we go back to the hotel. We take the time to walk through stores back to the front of the park and the buses. We take a break for 1-2 hours, depending on how hot it is, what people want to do (take a nap/swim/just sit in the AC/change clothes). This sometimes also helps us miss the afternoon rainstorm, which is great!

- while we're at our hotel we figure out (if we haven't already) where we want to go for park number two and check FP availability, knowing that our "first priority" fastpasses were for the morning park. We make a basic plan and head back out by 5:30, 6 at the latest. Sometimes the heat drains you. We tend not to have hotel evenings because we want to enjoy everything Disney has to offer, but sometimes we just hotel hop, sometimes we spend time in Disney Springs.

Boardwalk/Beach Club are great hotels for the afternoon break. Last time I stayed at Boardwalk it was in July a few years ago, and it was super convenient. Also, there are buskers and little things to do all along the boardwalk area so if you and your family want to just look around instead of fully stopping, it's a nice area to do so!

I know this may not be helpful, but it's the way I've done it in the past so it may give you some idea of how you can chunk your trip as you're planning? I'm usually a rope drop to close kind of person too, and it CAN be done in July - I have done it! - it's just that the humidity moreso than the heat is super draining.
This is so much helpful info and makes me think it’s doable! What part of July did you go in? Trying to narrow down a week that might be lower in crowds assuming that the temp will mostly remain the same throughout the month. Thank you so much!! :)

This is so much helpful info and makes me think it’s doable! What part of July did you go in? Trying to narrow down a week that might be lower in crowds assuming that the temp will mostly remain the same throughout the month. Thank you so much!! :)

I'm glad this helps! You're welcome :) The last time I went in July it was at the end of the month, the last full week before August. This trip we're going in the beginning of the month, but I'm assuming it's going to be the same, if not slightly more crowded because of the 4th of July.

Mom, brother and I are heading down for my 40th birthday and the 4th. We will be there 6/30-7/7. It's only the second time going for my birthday (last was when I turned 15). Hopefully i'm not too crazy and will manage the heat and crowds.

So glad you started this! I have been looking for this thread as well. We are staying at BC July 7-16. I have one month before my ADRs and I really don't have a plan yet. We have a group of 15, and I am the lead planner. We have been two other times in July. It was hot, but we just found some A/C and took advantage of swimming at the resort. We have gone in June the last 2 years and had terrible weather. It rained almost all day, everyday this year. Our July trips it rained for the usual 30-60 each afternoon and then it cleared up. Hoping for the same next year!

We just got back a few weeks ago from our November trip and bought into DVC while we were down there. Now we have points from 2017 that we have to use so we're going back in July LOL! It was our kids first time and we really tried to do everything (which is impossible btw). So this time we are going to take a more relaxed approach. We're going down for a week but were going to do two park days followed by a rest day and then repeat. Looking forward to our first stay at Copper Creek and FWL. Hope everyone has a great time planning their trips!

Glad to see this thread! Where are all the July vacationers?! Went last July and there was a good amount of people on the thread. Maybe this is an indicator of lower crowds? - highly doubt it though:) We are staying at the WL this year, later in the month 7/26 -8/4. Hotel and flights are booked, got a nice deal on the resort, so feeling good about it. Looking forward to the rest of the planning with everyone.

Glad to see this thread! Where are all the July vacationers?! Went last July and there was a good amount of people on the thread. Maybe this is an indicator of lower crowds? - highly doubt it though:) We are staying at the WL this year, later in the month 7/26 -8/4. Hotel and flights are booked, got a nice deal on the resort, so feeling good about it. Looking forward to the rest of the planning with everyone.
How was it last July? I've been to WDW in Nov, Jan, and Jun. This will be our first trip in July (7th to 14th) so I'm a little worried about the weather and crowds...

We’re looking to go in July this year. We’ve never been in July and are planning a 10th anniversary trip. It will be the first trip without our children, so we feel a little strange about that.

How was it last July? I've been to WDW in Nov, Jan, and Jun. This will be our first trip in July (7th to 14th) so I'm a little worried about the weather and crowds...

It will be hot, but doable. Try to be in the parks early and later in the evening. It will probably rain in the afternoon. Last summer we were in Epcot and it stormed really bad for an hour in the afternoon. We were watching the show in the American pavilion and when it ended, they let everyone stay inside the building. There was even flooding in some areas of Epcot. However, it cleared up completely and didn’t ruin our day. Bring rain ponchos. Walk through shops to cool down. Wear moisture-wicking clothes. We stay away from parks that have extra magic hours as they tend to be more crowded.

Hello July planners :wave2:

Doesn’t seem like there’s that many of us??? I guess it will just be us and the tour groups there in hot July, lol! :laughing:

Planning a surprise summer trip, dates will be either 7/14-7/19 or 7/15-7/20 depending on whether we fly or drive. That won’t be finalized until sometime in February. Since our last trip was this past March 2017, we were going to wait until 2019 to go back to WDW for my 40th birthday; but DH and I now plan to do an adults only Vegas trip for my 40th so we decided we will surprise our kiddos with this summer trip as we are all excited about experiencing Pandora and Toy Story Land. Hoping to get a summer deal so we can book two rooms at CBR :sunny: . Plan to only do three or four park days so that we can enjoy a Disney water park day, down time at the resort, and Disney Springs because we know our limits with the summer heat/humidity and crowds :laughing:. Already know what ADRs we want :thumbsup2.

I just booked a Mommy/Daughter trip for me and my almost 12 year old for July 16-19. We are staying at All Star Sports (we usually stay at Pop, but it was already booked). It will be a really fast trip, but I figure we can go all day (if we can stand the heat). We can rest when we get home! I am super excited. I plan to tell my daughter on her birthday. I have never done a short trip, so I would love advice on doing all 4 parks and Disney springs in only 3 days (I may switch to 4 day tickets, but I really don't think we would have much time to do anything our last day.

We’re checking into the Polynesian Village Resort on 7/19 for a week to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Our 20 year old daughter and her bff will have their own room, so there will be family time and alone time for my husband and I. I’m a teacher so summer is the best time for us to travel. 25 years ago we drove to Florida from Connecticut in an unairconditioned car and honeymooned in a friend’s Boca Raton winter home. We’ve definitely moved up in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts