*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth those bags are amazing! I am in awe that you made them!!
Cathe I am sorry to hear about your mom..is she going on the trip with you??
Katie..thanks for letting me know about MP!!

I am looking forward to CRT I think my daughter is going to be so happy to in the castle..and our wishes dessert party

Beth - :worship: I cannot even begin to fathom how you can make those bags!!!

ADRs -

Me - Le Cellier
DD - All of them!:laughing:

I'm looking forward to:
ADR's:
Chef Mickey's breakfast
LeCellier lunch

Non-ADR but still food related:
Gran Marnier Slushie
Dole Whip
Kitchen Sink from Beaches and Cream

Where can I get that Gran marnier Slushie?? Sounds Yummy!!!!

Beth, such cute bags.

I just got my bagellini in the mail today. It was supposed to be here sooner, but whatever. I like it. Tomorrow I just have to make sure that all my stuff will fit in it.

We have 2 more days until I can do online check-in!!! I am so excited!

ADR that I am most looking foward to...
Kona for dinner
Cape May Cafe for breakfast and Tusker house because it will be new for us.

I am hoping for a little rest tomorrow. Today was busy for us. We are trying to get a lot done before we leave. Today we went to the mall to take my husband's wedding band to the jeweler. His wedding band fell apart. It has a plantinum band over a gold band and the whole plantinum band fell off. Then we bought my son a gift card from the Disney store for our trip. That will be his spending money. We like to be able to have him use the card so that we don't have to keep track of change on vacation to tell him how much he has left. Then it was off to Home Depot to get paint for the bathroom and then we repainted the bathroom. We just finished about an hour ago with everything! It was an exhausting day. The bathroom took way longer than we wanted it to since we had to remove an old mirror, light fixtures and other things. We just got a new shower with new tile so we wanted to update everything else as well, but what a project!!! Glad it's over.

I missed lots while I wasn't on for the day, but it gave me a good excuse to sit down and relax as I read. Now, I just hope the little one goes to bed on time tonight.

So which ADR are you looking forward to the most?

The absolute most? That would actually have to be Chef Mickey's dinner because it is our first one and it will only be the very beginning of the trip, which means we will have all the fun just ahead of us! ;) It will also be the first time that my sons and my nieces are at a Disney character meal together, and my parents' very first time at a Disney character meal!

I am really looking forward to all our ADRs though. I'm looking forward to eating dinner in the castle for the first time, trying restaurants in several different countries at Epcot, and seeing the looks on my kids' faces at each character meal! Our ADRs were well thought out, so I am really looking forward to every single one!

I'm also looking forward to Dole Whips, Mickey ice cream bars, and pastries from France! ;)

Well, we are all packed and ready to hit the road tomorrow morning, bright and early!! :banana:

The only things left to pack are the toiletries we need tomorrow morning like toothbrushes. I already have the park tickets in my pocketbook, along with our DVC reservation confirmation letter, although I don't think we really need the letter anyway. DH and I both checked and we have our DVC Member Cards on us. I put my empty fanny-pack into my suitcase. I use it at the parks and it is wonderful. It has a few different little compartments, slots for my photo ID and credit cards and room key, and a large enough compartment for DS5's Epi-Pen. He's allergic to shellfish...it's on all our ADRs and he never had an anaphylactic reaction (thank goodness), only hives, but the allergist has me carry an epi-pen at all times just in case of cross-contamination. There is still a risk of an anaphylactic reaction. It's scary but we are very careful with him. At our favorite Italian restaurant, they serve a lot of fried seafood (calamari, shrimp, etc.), and they advised us not to allow him to eat anything fried for fear of cross-contamination so he always gets ravioli there. That's one place where chicken fingers and fries are out of the question! And yes, they serve chicken fingers and fries for the kids at an Italian restaurant! :lmao:

In case I don't get to log on here again before we leave tomorrow, I would like to say that it has been a pleasure counting down all of our vacations on this thread, and it has been very nice making new DIS friends who plan just as much as I do! We're a small community who understand each other when our relatives just think we're nuts (they're probably right though!)!! :lmao:

I would like to wish those of you who are still counting down a wonderful, fun, safe, and magical vacation...to those of you on your way home already, get home safely...and to those of you who have already returned home, I hope the happy memories of your trip stay with you for a very long time! :grouphug:

Look in my signature at the link to my dining pre-TR...I will begin my reviews and countdown to my #1 when we get home. 4 days after we return home, we are heading up to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada to visit some relatives for a few days. So I may only be able to post one or 2 reviews before that but the rest will certainly come after we are back from Canada! :thumbsup2

I am in AWE over the talented people around here! Love all the tshirts, tags, and especially those bags! I am one of those people who literally can't sew on a button :lmao:

Been super busy here with regular summer stuff with 3 kids :-) We had a good trip over the 4th to Williamsburg, and this weekend I am headed to NYC to celebrate my DD's 9th birthday - I am taking her to shop at American Girl and then I have tickets for Wicked! When we get back we have just over a week to get ready for WDW!!

Not sure which ADR I am most looking forward to the most, maybe the Tusker House breakfast. Although I keep having dreams that we miss all of our breakfasts because we sleep in. Up to about 2 weeks ago, my youngest two kids would be up by 6:30 am. Of course, now they have both been sleeping until 8! Guess I will have to wake their butts up ;)

To those leaving tomorrow and this weekend -- Woo Hoo!!!

I love the t-shirts and bags. great going ladies.

Re: car -- I swear every time we take a vehicle in for one thing, another pops up. We had to do the break pads, too and the timing belt.

Tomorrow is my last full day here! We leave Friday!!!:cool1:And I'm all done packing except for those few things that have to wait until the day we leave (cell phone, pillows, cold snacks, etc)

In case I don't get to log on here again before we leave tomorrow, I would like to say that it has been a pleasure counting down all of our vacations on this thread, and it has been very nice making new DIS friends who plan just as much as I do! We're a small community who understand each other when our relatives just think we're nuts (they're probably right though!)!! :lmao:

I would like to wish those of you who are still counting down a wonderful, fun, safe, and magical vacation...to those of you on your way home already, get home safely...and to those of you who have already returned home, I hope the happy memories of your trip stay with you for a very long time! :grouphug:

Bonnie,
I hope you have a wonderful time. I feel like everyone is leaving! We still have 11 more days until check-in and 10 until we leave... I hope you have a wonderful time.

I hope everyone that is leaving in the next few days has a wonderful time and sending pixie dust your way. :wizard:

Bonnie, have a safe and WONDERFUL trip and take lots of notes and pictures for us! :goodvibes

As for the ADR I'm most looking forward to.....Hmm....

Me - Crystal Palace breakfast (can't believe we've never done it, and I'm excited to be in the park and ready to ride before it opens)

DH - Chefs de France lunch - he saw a picture of the mac n cheese and he was SOLD :)

Thanks for all the comps on the bags guys - I can't wait to get back crackin' on new ones tomorrow. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to sewing and it appeals to my mathematical nature - the close precision and measuring is very relaxing to me! :confused3

I don't leave for almost two weeks, so I'll be around!! All of us late-bloomers gotta stick together! :rotfl:

I think everyone on this thread is so amazing - all the planning in the middle of family illnesses, big events, home repairs, car repairs, job losses and searches, raising children... the list goes on! Good job, everyone!:worship:

Oh, and my ADR I'm most looking forward to is lunch at Crystal Palace - it's our ONLY one!! :scared1: We're just crazy like that...

Bonnie, have an awesome trip!!!Can't wait to hear all about it!!

ok I need some help.. I am trying to finalize my budget and my eyes are crossing.. I keep coming up with different numbers for my tickets..

The last amount I came up with is 521.85
490 + 6.5 sales tax

DH- use his GAD pass and upgrade to a 4 day pass(225-79)
Me use my GAD pass and upgrade to a 5 day pass(228-79)
DD 5 day childrens ticket (195)

am I calculating this right?? is that how you calculate the GAD??

ADR I'm looking forward to: Chef de France. Keeping fingers crossd that we get to see Remy (my favorite little rat)

Of course I only have 2 scheduled, we're trying to take a more "wing it" approach to this trip:scared1:

To those leaving tomorrow and this weekend -- Woo Hoo!!!

I love the t-shirts and bags. great going ladies.

Re: car -- I swear every time we take a vehicle in for one thing, another pops up. We had to do the break pads, too and the timing belt.

Tomorrow is my last full day here! We leave Friday!!!:cool1:And I'm all done packing except for those few things that have to wait until the day we leave (cell phone, pillows, cold snacks, etc)

Marshay, did you pack food (breakfast/ snacks). If so, did you pack in grocery bags, a suitcase? I just don't know what to put the sunchips, cereal, paper towels etc in...:confused3

We FINALLY leave TOMORROW! :cool1:

I have so much to do today and I'm so tired from getting on an early sleep schedule for this trip! But it'll be better tomorrow night when we're there! :goodvibes

I will try and update when I am there but no promises! ;)

Have fun everyone!

Marshay, did you pack food (breakfast/ snacks). If so, did you pack in grocery bags, a suitcase? I just don't know what to put the sunchips, cereal, paper towels etc in...:confused3

Is it possible to put the food, paper towels, etc into a carry on bag? That is what I am planning to do. Putting all of our snacks and breakfast food into a carry on bag so that I can make sure it doesn't get smashed while on the plane.

Oh and ten more days until I will be heading to see Goofy.

Anyone else having problems retrieving your reservation or doing the online check-in today? It keeps telling to enter all the information when I already did!

So frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter