Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Headed to WDW in June and I have a few questions:
1. We are staying at Poly, and have a blizzard beach day planned. Sounds like uber/lyft are the most direction options?
2. When we leave, uber/lyft back to Poly?
3. AK has EMH starting at 8 every day. Approx what time would thefirst bus be?
Thanks!

Headed to WDW in June and I have a few questions:
1. We are staying at Poly, and have a blizzard beach day planned. Sounds like uber/lyft are the most direction options?
2. When we leave, uber/lyft back to Poly?
3. AK has EMH starting at 8 every day. Approx what time would the first bus be?
Thanks!

1. Yep.

2. Yep.

3. 6:30 am

You would think the monorail would connect all the resorts. I am not seeing the point to the monorail and all the people that says great.

Staying at AKV Jambo in October...
Going to Hoop-Dee-Do for 8:30 show

What will be my best option for getting to and from the show?

I was thinking bus to MK and then boat to FW to get there and then take an Uber back after dinner. Is that going to be the best plan? It will be myself and my two daughters. I am just a little fuzzy on the logistics of getting an Uber at FW.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Going to WDW in June, staying on site. Will have rental car, but DH is using the rental car almost every to easily get to/from the convention he's attending almost the whole week. What would be the best way to get from ASMusic to the Polynesian using WDW transportation? A bus from ASMusic to the TTC and then monorail or boat to the Poly?

Then question #1:
How would we get from ASMusic to Disney Springs? I know that step 1 is a bus, but do the All Stars buses go directly from those resorts to Disney Springs or do you have to transfer?

Going to WDW in June, staying on site. Will have rental car, but DH is using the rental car almost every to easily get to/from the convention he's attending almost the whole week. What would be the best way to get from ASMusic to the Polynesian using WDW transportation? A bus from ASMusic to the TTC and then monorail or boat to the Poly?

Then question #1:
How would we get from ASMusic to Disney Springs? I know that step 1 is a bus, but do the All Stars buses go directly from those resorts to Disney Springs or do you have to transfer?
There aren't buses to the TTC. You will take the bus to MK and then take the boat or the monorail to the poly.

There are direct buses between the resorts and DS

There aren't buses to the TTC. You will take the bus to MK and then take the boat or the monorail to the poly.
If there's a huge line for the MK bus, and not so much for Epcot, you could also take the bus to Epcot, transfer to the Monorail to TTC, and walk about 5 minutes to Poly. Just make sure the Epcot Monorail is operating at the time you're travelling, especially if it's early morning.

Okay question about leaving Hoop Dee Doo. I have only done this show at the very late one and they always offered buses back to the resorts (shared buses but without the internal transfer). Trying to get back to Yacht Club quickly following our first time at the early show. What is the best way? I am happy to pay for a Minnie Van but I know availability is hit or miss (I wish we could pre schedule them) so looking for back up options.

Okay question about leaving Hoop Dee Doo. I have only done this show at the very late one and they always offered buses back to the resorts (shared buses but without the internal transfer). Trying to get back to Yacht Club quickly following our first time at the early show. What is the best way? I am happy to pay for a Minnie Van but I know availability is hit or miss (I wish we could pre schedule them) so looking for back up options.
Last I checked, buses were running between FtW Settlement & MK in the evening, so fastest would probably be bus to MK, then bus to resort.

You could also take the boat to MK and then the bus, going thru bag check coming off the boat at MK.

I know someone said buses start at 6:30 AM, but does this include buses FROM parks TO resorts? In other words, if I wanted to go from WL to MK(by boat) then by bus to Beach club for an ADR and arrive at 7:30 AM will I be able to?

My family will be spending a bit of time on our last day in FLA at WDW without doing parks. Having breakfast at Poly but then we want to visit the Boardwalk area, it's one of the places we haven't been to. What would be the best way to get from Poly to Boardwalk?

I know someone said buses start at 6:30 AM, but does this include buses FROM parks TO resorts? In other words, if I wanted to go from WL to MK(by boat) then by bus to Beach club for an ADR and arrive at 7:30 AM will I be able to?
No, I wouldn't count on that being a possibility.

If you want to use Disney transportation, yoully need to be at the bus stop by 6:30 and take the first bus to DHS. From there you'll need to walk to the beach club.

This is a situation where it's better to take a cab or a Lyft or a Minnie van

My family will be spending a bit of time on our last day in FLA at WDW without doing parks. Having breakfast at Poly but then we want to visit the Boardwalk area, it's one of the places we haven't been to. What would be the best way to get from Poly to Boardwalk?
Driving to one of the Epcot resorts would be the easiest.

Just so you know, there is nothing going on at the boardwalk that time of day.

Thank you. I was hoping it would be a fun way to fill time before our flight out. Maybe we'll just head over to Disney Springs instead.

If you want to use Disney transportation, yoully need to be at the bus stop by 6:30 and take the first bus to DHS. From there you'll need to walk to the beach club.

Thanks Alesia. I am traveling with elderly, About how far is the walk from HS bus stop to Beach Club? less than half a mile?

BTW, if HS opens at 7 AM, what time do busses start running from the resorts to HS?

Okay guys...lets see if we can organize any and all quetions pertaining to transportation within WDW here. It may help others to know exactly where to go to get the best info.
I expect to see lots of good info here everyone. But, not looking for debates on rental car vs buses. Basically how to get around using Disney transportation only.
Thanks..and have at it!!!:boat::drive::tiptoe::teleport:

I'll start with this one.....(thanks MagicBus)

Bus & Monorail Park to Park Transportation

From MK to:
AK, bus at MK bus stop
DHS, bus at MK bus stop
Epcot, Monorail from TTC

From Epcot to:
AK, bus
DHS, bus
TTC/MK, Monorail

From DHS to:
AK, bus
Epcot, bus
MK, bus stop

From AK to:
DHS, bus
Epcot bus
MK, bus stop

There is also boat transportation between DHS & Epcot.

Staying at ASMu in Sept. for an onsite conference near Disney Springs:

1. Are the buses running to DS by 8 am?

2. If not, anyone care to guess how long and the cost of an Uber ride to DS? (not going to get all crazy if it's off a tad, just trying to plan ahead)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter