Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

This thread has become very big. Would you consider possible creaking the thread into subgroups based on departure destnation? I/E "From MK to ---", "From WL to --- " "From BB to ---"? etc..
Nope. Here's why. Transportation is incredibly fluid. Yes, this thread is long. But...no one gets all in a twist when a question is asked that possibly was asked, and answered, several pages back. There would just be too many sub-groups. Please, feel free to ask about any destinations!! We love talking about Disney!!
Staying at ASMu in Sept. for an onsite conference near Disney Springs:

1. Are the buses running to DS by 8 am?

2. If not, anyone care to guess how long and the cost of an Uber ride to DS? (not going to get all crazy if it's off a tad, just trying to plan ahead)
8am might be too early for Disney buses. I would recommend using uber or lyft. It shouldn't be very much....it's about $15 to get from Disney resorts to Universal resorts. All stars to DS is half the distance.

Staying at ASMu in Sept. for an onsite conference near Disney Springs:

1. Are the buses running to DS by 8 am?

2. If not, anyone care to guess how long and the cost of an Uber ride to DS? (not going to get all crazy if it's off a tad, just trying to plan ahead)
1. They don't start until 8:30 or 9:00
2. You can look up an estimate at rideguru.com

It’s been more than a decade since I’ve been to the water parks. Back then, there used to be direct bus routes from the resort to BB and TL. From what I’ve been reading, it seems they’ve changed it to transferring from either AK or DS depending on the water park you want to visit. I’m planning a visit in September and staying at Pop Century. I like to rope drop ALL the parks, so my question is, do they offer direct bus service to the water parks in the morning? I’d like to avoid taking Uber each way to the water parks, but I definitely don’t want to set aside an hour+ for each leg of the trip. What are my options?

It’s been more than a decade since I’ve been to the water parks. Back then, there used to be direct bus routes from the resort to BB and TL. From what I’ve been reading, it seems they’ve changed it to transferring from either AK or DS depending on the water park you want to visit. I’m planning a visit in September and staying at Pop Century. I like to rope drop ALL the parks, so my question is, do they offer direct bus service to the water parks in the morning? I’d like to avoid taking Uber each way to the water parks, but I definitely don’t want to set aside an hour+ for each leg of the trip. What are my options?
No direct service at any time of day.

We are thinking of doing a 4 park challenge on our next trip. We will start at AK and bus to DHS. We are hoping to be finished with AK pretty quick and I am wondering when do the buses start to run from AK to DHS? thanks

We are thinking of doing a 4 park challenge on our next trip. We will start at AK and bus to DHS. We are hoping to be finished with AK pretty quick and I am wondering when do the buses start to run from AK to DHS? thanks
I believe they start running at the time both parks are open; i.e. at the later of the 2 parks' opening times.

Is there a site that lists the routes/stops for the busses?

I'm sure this has been asked/answered several times. But a lot of pages to search. The search function for "bus routes" gives hundreds of results and given the generic nature of the words, not much help either.

I know things can change (probably on any given day) but if we are considering taking a bus, I'd like to get a general idea of how many stops until the destination, and where we are in relation to the start/end of the route.

We have ALWAYS avoided the busses. Probably overreacting. We may give it a try our next trip. Considering Dolphin to / from MK.

Note - the link on the DIS for Bus Schedules doesn't say much. Just general start/end times. Maybe it used to link somewhere else and that site is no longer there.

I see other sites that tell you how to get from one place to another using Disney transportation, but they say nothing regarding how long it's expected to take and what stops along the wa

Is there a site that lists the routes/stops for the busses?

I don't know of one, but I was able to use Google Maps to plan trips using Disney transportation (setting the appropriate time and setting it to use public transportation), although you should probably plan some leeway for the times given.

We are dedicating one day to World Showcase during our upcoming trip.
The idea of entering WS through the International Gateway entrance sounds wonderful.

So, if we are staying at POR, what are your best suggestions for getting from POR to one of the Epcot area resorts so that we can take a boat to WS?

The idea of entering WS through the International Gateway entrance sounds wonderful.

So, if we are staying at POR, what are your best suggestions for getting from POR to one of the Epcot area resorts so that we can take a boat to WS?

Uber/Lyft/taxi/Minnie van.

As @siskaren said, you can take a Uber/Lyft/taxi/Minnie van to an Epcot resort. On thing to keep in mind though is that it won't save you much walking or time (especially if you take the boat, which takes forever.)

As @siskaren said, you can take a Uber/Lyft/taxi/Minnie van to an Epcot resort. On thing to keep in mind though is that it won't save you much walking or time (especially if you take the boat, which takes forever.)

Yes - I'd suggest getting to the Beach Club, walk straight through the lobby to the beach, hang a left and walk to IG.
I suppose you could do it similarly for the Boardwalk, I'm just not familiar with it.

MUCH faster than the boat!

Looking for help - I've been reading through many comments here, but haven't quite hit on what I'm seeking. Trying to get an estimation on how long it might take for:
(1) Bus ride from EPCOT to Saratoga Springs OR Old Key West?

and

(2) Boat ride from Saratoga Springs OR Old Key West to Disney Springs? Does anyone know how often they run?

Many thanks in advance for any input!

Looking for help - I've been reading through many comments here, but haven't quite hit on what I'm seeking. Trying to get an estimation on how long it might take for:
(1) Bus ride from EPCOT to Saratoga Springs OR Old Key West?

and

(2) Boat ride from Saratoga Springs OR Old Key West to Disney Springs? Does anyone know how often they run?

Many thanks in advance for any input!
I guess it all depends where you are in Epcot. If you're in World Showcase, I would just walk over to Boardwalk and take the bus to DS from there. If you're in the front of Epcot, and it's after 4pm, you can take a bus to DS.

Of course, you may be looking to take a boat ride. So, from Epcot to SSR or OKW, figure on 45 mins. It could be more, could be less. Disney says to leave 90 mins to get from point A to point B. It's seldom that long. From SSR or OKW to DS, by boat, figure on 30 or so mins. You may have a wait for the boat...I believe they run every 20 mins or so, then it's about 15 mins on the boat.
You just can't tell what wait times will be, which means having timer on the side of longer travel times.

I guess it all depends where you are in Epcot. If you're in World Showcase, I would just walk over to Boardwalk and take the bus to DS from there. If you're in the front of Epcot, and it's after 4pm, you can take a bus to DS.

Of course, you may be looking to take a boat ride. So, from Epcot to SSR or OKW, figure on 45 mins. It could be more, could be less. Disney says to leave 90 mins to get from point A to point B. It's seldom that long. From SSR or OKW to DS, by boat, figure on 30 or so mins. You may have a wait for the boat...I believe they run every 20 mins or so, then it's about 15 mins on the boat.
You just can't tell what wait times will be, which means having timer on the side of longer travel times.
OP, if it is the boat ride you are wanting, OKW is a better option than SSR. To get from the nearest bus stop to the boat dock at SSR, you have to walk maybe 10 minutes up a hill and down the other side, and the boat ride is just a shuttle across the lake. The Peninsular Road bus stop at OKW is a much shorter level walk, and the boat ride is longer and more like a river cruise.

The longest and most scenic boat ride to DS is from POR. The boat dock is a bit further from the bus than OKW, but it's a level walk through a very nicely themed area.

Also, FYI the boats from PO dock at DS at the far eastern end of the Marketplace. Boats from OKW & SSR dock at the Waterfront area roughly in the middle of DS.

Staying at All-Star Sports with a dinner reservation at Boardwalk. We will have ECV's in our party. How should we get there? And how much time should we plan for?

Do they still have busses running from the parks to Disney Springs? And do the busses go from Disney Springs to the parks?

Staying at All-Star Sports with a dinner reservation at Boardwalk. We will have ECV's in our party. How should we get there? And how much time should we plan for?
Bus to DHS, then boat to BW, or bus to BW if boats are not running. If there's not enough room for all the ECV's on the boat, they could wait for the next boat (which could be up to 20 minutes), or motor along on the walking path and meet at the BW dock. The ECV's might get there faster than boat.

The other option is bus to AK, then bus to BW.

Allow 90 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter