Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

As much as I prefer doing something for free rather than paying, in this case I would choose the Minnie van (or save money and go with a taxi, Uber or Lyft). I couldn't tell you though how easy or hard it might be to get a Minnie van.
Thanks for your help!
We will plan on the Minnie Van.

Headed to WDW in two weeks and my partner and I are spending a day at TL. Its been a few years since we last went to TL. Am I correct that they no longer have bus transportation direct from the WDW resorts to the water parks? If that is correct, does anyone know if lyft or uber are allowed to drop passengers off at the front gate to TL? I ask because a couple friends were meeting us at MK a few months ago, took an uber, and the driver said he was not allowed to drop them directly at the MK entrance (and dropped them at Contemporary instead).

Headed to WDW in two weeks and my partner and I are spending a day at TL. Its been a few years since we last went to TL. Am I correct that they no longer have bus transportation direct from the WDW resorts to the water parks?
Yes.
If that is correct, does anyone know if lyft or uber are allowed to drop passengers off at the front gate to TL?
Yes.
I ask because a couple friends were meeting us at MK a few months ago, took an uber, and the driver said he was not allowed to drop them directly at the MK entrance (and dropped them at Contemporary instead).
There is no access to MK entrance by any non-Disney vehicles.

I need some help figuring out how to get to/from the water parks.

Day 7 for our trip will be AK in the morning, Blizzard Beach in afternoon, and TRex for dinner at 530 @ DS. We are staying at POR and taking bus to AK in morning, then taking bus to BB in afternoon from AK. But, how do I get to DS for my 5:30pm ADR? Can I take a bus to DS from BB? Should I take an Uber to get to DS?

Day 9 - starting off the day at TL. I was planning on taking boat from POR to DS and catching bus to TL. Does this work? Is there a bus to TL from DS?

Day 7 for our trip will be AK in the morning, Blizzard Beach in afternoon, and TRex for dinner at 530 @ DS. We are staying at POR and taking bus to AK in morning, then taking bus to BB in afternoon from AK. But, how do I get to DS for my 5:30pm ADR? Can I take a bus to DS from BB? Should I take an Uber to get to DS?
You could take Uber, or you could take the bus back to AK. There's a bus from AK (and the other theme parks) to DS starting at 4pm every day. There's no bus directly from BB to DS.
Day 9 - starting off the day at TL. I was planning on taking boat from POR to DS and catching bus to TL. Does this work? Is there a bus to TL from DS?
Yes, except I think the boats start at 10am (but it might be 11am.) The bus from POR to DS should start earlier. I believe the start time of the buses to DS is adjusted seasonally according to TL opening time, to get you to DS in time to get to TL roughly around opening time. Ask a DS bus driver what time service starts; don't trust the resort staff to have the correct info.

Yes, there is a bus from DS to TL; it us the only bus to TL. Similarly, the only bus to BB is from AK. You must transfer at DS or AK, respectively, to get to or from TL or BB.

Last edited:

Day 7 for our trip will be AK in the morning, Blizzard Beach in afternoon, and TRex for dinner at 530 @ DS. We are staying at POR and taking bus to AK in morning, then taking bus to BB in afternoon from AK. But, how do I get to DS for my 5:30pm ADR? Can I take a bus to DS from BB? Should I take an Uber to get t

You can also take the Epcot to Coronado Springs to Epcot bus from Blizzard Beach and then catch the Disney Springs bus at that resort.

Last edited:
You can also take the Coronado Springs bus from Blizzard Beach and then catch the Disney Springs bus at that resort.
It's been reported that the Epcot-CSR bus would no longer go to BB, although I haven't personally verified it.

So...probably stupid questions, thanks in advance for the help! Our trip is in September (just my husband and me), and we have a couple later-evening reservations at the Monorail hotels, but we're staying at Boardwalk. We have a 7:30 pm ADR at Victoria and Albert's on Tues Sept 18th, and an 8:30 ADR at Ohana on Wed Sept 19th. There's a MNSSHP on Tuesday, so I assume we can just take a boat or monorail back to the Magic Kingdom and catch a bus to Boardwalk from there. On Wednesday, the MK closes at 10 pm; if we don't get out of dinner until after 10 pm, what options do we have to get back to Boardwalk? I've never been to any of the monorail hotels, so not sure how this works...

So...probably stupid questions, thanks in advance for the help! Our trip is in September (just my husband and me), and we have a couple later-evening reservations at the Monorail hotels, but we're staying at Boardwalk. We have a 7:30 pm ADR at Victoria and Albert's on Tues Sept 18th, and an 8:30 ADR at Ohana on Wed Sept 19th. There's a MNSSHP on Tuesday, so I assume we can just take a boat or monorail back to the Magic Kingdom and catch a bus to Boardwalk from there. On Wednesday, the MK closes at 10 pm; if we don't get out of dinner until after 10 pm, what options do we have to get back to Boardwalk? I've never been to any of the monorail hotels, so not sure how this works...
The buses run for a while after the MK closes, so even if it is 10pm when you get out of dinner, you can probably follow your original instinct and just ride over to MK and catch the bus to Boardwalk. Otherwise, you can take a bus from the specific hotel to DS and catch a bus to Boardwalk from there. Third option is using Lyft/Uber

The buses run for a while after the MK closes, so even if it is 10pm when you get out of dinner, you can probably follow your original instinct and just ride over to MK and catch the bus to Boardwalk. Otherwise, you can take a bus from the specific hotel to DS and catch a bus to Boardwalk from there. Third option is using Lyft/Uber

Thanks! hadn't even thought of DS. Good to know we have options.

Speaking of Disney Springs, where do Ubers pick up/drop off at Disney Springs? Is there a designated area?

Thanks! hadn't even thought of DS. Good to know we have options.

Speaking of Disney Springs, where do Ubers pick up/drop off at Disney Springs? Is there a designated area?
Two areas:
  • West side bus loop, to the right of Cirque as viewed from inside DS
  • Marketplace bus loop, entrance between Design-A-Tee and Days of Christmas

Yes, the bus from the parks to Disney Springs starts at 4pm

So while there are buses from the parks to Disney Springs, there are no buses from Disney Springs to the parks, right? If I wanted to go from Disney Springs to Epcot, I'd need to take an uber or Minnie Van, right?

So while there are buses from the parks to Disney Springs, there are no buses from Disney Springs to the parks, right? If I wanted to go from Disney Springs to Epcot, I'd need to take an uber or Minnie Van, right?
Or you could transfer at a resort. The boardwalk or the beach/yacht club would be best

Hi.

We are staying at POFQ and have an 8.15am Garden Grill reservation with a 9am opening. Will the buses run early enough for this or will I have to book a Minnie Van?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter