Official 2024 Universal Studios HHN 33 Thread

I’m in a number of FB groups, and not heard much chatter about standby lines. What is the general feeling - better or worse than last year? We have APs to get into stay and scream, but trying to keep my expectations realistic for this weekend.
They seem to be around 60 minutes for the big houses - but can drop as low as 35 at times.
Its really hard to judge as it can change quickly as everyone heads to the house with the low wait time.

I don't think there were any of the issues like last year - with only 4 IP houses and none of them being a "big deal" it reduces some of that crazy factor IMO. You have a ghost busters movie that no one saw for the most part, A quite place which is not a big draw IMO, Universal Monsters that is reimagined Universal Monsters, and Insidious which is a great house - but not going to draw people to HHN IMO. These just wont bring in crowds like Stranger Things or The Last of US.

I was hoping they would do something with Fallout this year, but never even heard a rumor of that - I think that may have been what they needed to really bring in crowds.

That said it was busy enough IMO.

Some of the stand alone bars will do whatever you want. I got Tito’s, Fanta pineapple, club soda, and lime juice as a blinkie cup refill behind Lombard’s. It was strong. Also, the Raining Blood from the Quiet Place kiosk is strong, basically bourbon and cherry heering.
I had heard that the Bourbon light bulb thing was good, but was not going to risk wasting money on yet another bad drink.

I did try a premium margarita and it was all lemon mix and triple sec - she was measuring it and very slow - I dont think she had any idea what she was doing. I am not sure what she put in - I feel like it might have been 2 ounces of tequila for the 20 ounce drink. Then they want a tip on top of that. Honestly if you are going to make crap drinks and charge premium price don't force a tip form for me to sign. I want to tap and go - its very annoying and slows everything down. Just make the price whatever and give a % to the staff as gratuities.

Maybe the Fanta bar is a good option since they are promoting that brand and don't want to serve up a bad drink - I should have tried that.

Past several years had a decent pumpkin sort of beer back by nightmare fuel (or whatever new name is now)

That’s odd, procedure is supposed to be that once deemed eligible by ICCESS, then there is an online interview by the U DAS team. Once that is sorted out as to the type of accommodation (if any) ineeded, the individual & all those guests who will with them needs to appear @ GS with their tix scanned & linked to that DAS bar code.

Interesting to hear that some, already being granted an accommodation, are then trying to double-dip? That’s exactly the sort of thing that would make most able bodied people irritated.

If indeed true, sounds like U needs to invest in a better system to keep track of this

last year I did ask GS to print out hard copies of all online tix. They balked a bit, did do it in the end; saying I wouldn’t be able to then use the printed sheet if we lost the tix (doubtful imo). I always take pics of any park tix jik anyway

Absolutely

That is very interesting. Perhaps one of the actors portraying Eddie was filing in during HHN or off work due to illness or vacation.

My app wouldn’t load near Major Sweets for my EP using cell or their wifi. The TM said I should have printed it out, but earlier I heard a TM say they wouldn’t take a printout for EP🤷‍♀️ I ended up not going in and waited with someone from my group who didn’t go either. I guess I’m getting it tattooed to my forehead for October🤣 I tried having it loaded up ahead of time, but the app would crash and need restarting.

I also accidentally used my husband’s FF to enter the first night. They were next to each other in the app and would randomly change positions. He’s not going until October. I had no issues entering. One night when entering the park, the TM asked my name. I told them but also said that I had accidentally entered on my husband’s ticket the first night. They said that they might not let me in and make me fix it at GS. I was the only one who had used that ticket; the other, with my name, is still unused. Then they were like, you need to show me ID, so I got that out. They were giving me the tenth degree. Finally I asked if the picture didn’t match. They said the system said it was a match and fine, but they didn’t think my name would be a male name and that I must be using someone else’s ticket. I showed them the 2 tickets in the app. I had already been to the event 4 nights without any issues. I just walked in. They weren’t giving me guidance about what they really wanted me to do, just kept harping that I did the wrong thing. Well, duh! I figured that out the first night after it happened🤣

I had heard that the Bourbon light bulb thing was good, but was not going to risk wasting money on yet another bad drink.

I did try a premium margarita and it was all lemon mix and triple sec - she was measuring it and very slow - I dont think she had any idea what she was doing. I am not sure what she put in - I feel like it might have been 2 ounces of tequila for the 20 ounce drink. Then they want a tip on top of that. Honestly if you are going to make crap drinks and charge premium price don't force a tip form for me to sign. I want to tap and go - its very annoying and slows everything down. Just make the price whatever and give a % to the staff as gratuities.

Maybe the Fanta bar is a good option since they are promoting that brand and don't want to serve up a bad drink - I should have tried that.
Go to the bar behind Lombards. Real knowledgeable bartenders and usually very little if any line.

My app wouldn’t load near Major Sweets for my EP using cell or their wifi. The TM said I should have printed it out, but earlier I heard a TM say they wouldn’t take a printout for EP🤷‍♀️ I ended up not going in and waited with someone from my group who didn’t go either. I guess I’m getting it tattooed to my forehead for October🤣 I tried having it loaded up ahead of time, but the app would crash and need restarting.
They have been having on and off issues with the app - I could not load up my AP and had to get a new one from GS - after waiting in line for park open :( Not sure why they don't have an AP line at US - most days the lines were pretty long - even at 11 AM. I saw a video showing the parks almost empty in September - not sure when that was because it was busy every day I was there.

Anyway - they had no issue with the printed QR code - but print the entire thing and fold it up so they can see the type of ticket and the work express. (only the person at the entrance cares about that).

If you have an image downloaded with the QR code they may ask to see an ID - I saw that a few times.

Best bet is to have it printed and ready if there is an issue with the phone - that seems to be the simplest method - I had no issues with that. I had a lot in the past.

Hi, question about getting the HHN pass in person. So @tony67 , Guest Services would not give an actual ticket when asked? I am going to add my tickets to the wallet asap, and will have a printout, but we've always gotten a ticket also , in person, to put in the lanyard, Just want to know what to expect. I have to go to guest services anyway to get my son's AP, since we downgraded to seasonal when we renewed.
Thanks, and thanks for sharing the trip report/info. I'm originally from Louisiana, same tropical, hot/humid weather.....some friends were out of power for several days after Hurricane Francine went through, and it was not fun! I find Oct to be pretty hot too, but hoping for a cool snap, wishful thinking.....

Hi, question about getting the HHN pass in person. So @tony67 , Guest Services would not give an actual ticket when asked? I am going to add my tickets to the wallet asap, and will have a printout, but we've always gotten a ticket also , in person, to put in the lanyard, Just want to know what to expect. I have to go to guest services anyway to get my son's AP, since we downgraded to seasonal when we renewed.
Thanks, and thanks for sharing the trip report/info. I'm originally from Louisiana, same tropical, hot/humid weather.....some friends were out of power for several days after Hurricane Francine went through, and it was not fun! I find Oct to be pretty hot too, but hoping for a cool snap, wishful thinking.....
I did not get a physical HHN ticket - but a replacement AP - someone else mentioned that they did get one but guest services really did not want to give them one. They should really give you a physical ticket if you ask for it and especially if its a multilight ticket.

I printed mine at home and folded it up and put it in the lanyard. That was fine for express - but not to get into the park - they wanted me to take it out of the lanyard so they could see the whole thing - so I used my phone for entry. As I said I did have a few times where the app failed to load any of my tickets - and they were having issues with the app on and off for a few weeks according to the GS person who assisted me.

If you do want to get a ticket - may be better to do it during the day in the park at guest services instead of at entry as that line can be long on an HHN night. Middle of the day when its slow they may also be more helpful.

So something I wanted to mention from one of my Behind the Scenes tours - we were discussing the premium night and more than one person mentioned that there was talk of offering 1 night each month next year for a total of 3.

Not sure when they would do it or how - do they take away a night or add a Monday\Tuesday - anyway thought it was worth mentioning and see if anyone else had heard anything.

If it is offered later in the season that is probably something I'd prefer to do than doing 10 nights again.

If you are staying onsite, you can try the ticket counter at the hotel for a printout of your ticket. That’s usually what I used to do, since I would end up getting an email that was a voucher, not the actual ticket QR code. Mine were already in my app wallet this year, since they were purchased through the app.

Universal should just do Apple/Google wallet. That doesn’t require a wifi/cell connection. Even Walt Disney World uses that.

Is that where David S Pumpkins was last year? There’s nothing back there this year.
Yes, a zoo. Didn't realize he vacated.
we were discussing the premium night and more than one person mentioned that there was talk of offering 1 night each month next year for a total of 3.
That was my thot, would be very popular

I got my Frequent Fear Plus tickets printed out at Hard Rock Hotel just after we bought them online in July.
They did look at me like I had 2 heads when I asked for these but not sure if that was because we were from the UK and returning for HHN.
Hoping Aventura will print my one night express passes when we arrive.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest