"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Hi all,
We’re going to be at WDW on August 17th so we’re wondering about going to the MNSSHP on that day. We are five adults and some of my group think that it might just be aimed at kids so they’re not sure if they want to go.Can anyone give me any advice about a group of adults only at the party - is it worth it?

We're both adults and never travel with children. We've been to several parties (10? 12?) and always had an amazing time. The interaction with the villains is amazing. I was left speechless more than once. We've also never waited in line for more than five or ten minutes for a photo. Candy lines do get long, so we tend to only go through when there isn't one. We still end up with pounds of candy. Honestly, there's no place else in the world an adult can trick'er'treat. The parade is over the top, the fireworks are astounding. Totally worth it as a grownup.

A few questions...
1. Am I correct that I can enter wearing a costume at 4 PM?

Yes. I have entered the park at 4pm in a full length wedding dress and 4ft fairy wings. I got compliments and had no trouble. I understand I'd now be subject to extra security (for the full length gown). :)

Can you call and ask to buy tickets on that date? That will tell you if there is a party. Several people in a FB group I am a member of bought their tickets yesterday. Nothing was announced but tickets were bought by a several ppl in that group. Will see if I can go back and find some info.

Disney has already changed park hours to 9pm close that day (9/6) in MK.

Newbie question, if I want feedback on a tentative touring plan for the party should I post it in this thread or somewhere else?

Me as well, but it's gonna feel VERY weird celebrating Halloween in August o_O
We go every year in August. Last year was our first year doing MNSSHP and I thought it was going to feel odd in August. We had such a great time and because everything is decorated in fall colors it didn’t feel weird. We are doing it again this year on August 28th and the kids can’t wait!

A few questions...

4. If they let us make FastPasses from 4-6, would they count towards that day's 3 FP limit or are the rules different for hard ticket events?
If they keep things like previous years, you can make 3 fastpasses starting a 4pm. However for this ticket event there are no pastpasses to be made after 6pm. But no need to worry. At least when I went, the wait lines were extremely short.

Regarding ticket prices:

Prices without tax are shown at this website: https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mic...-so-scary-halloween-party-pricing-details.htm

Prices with tax are shown at this website: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di...-special-events-festivals-and-parties/#mnsshp

Tax is 6.5%

I know prices are shown in the first post of this thread. I put this together to show prices without tax and with tax for Advance Sales and AP/DVC Advance Sales. I have no inside information. This is based on those two websites.

August 17, 24, 31
September 7, 14, 21, 25

Same Day Sale: Adult $89, Child $84
Advance Sale: Adult $79, Child $74. [with tax: $84.14, $78.81]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: Adult $74, Child $69. [with tax: $78.81, $73.49]

August 28; September 3, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23
Same Day Sale: Adult $85, Child $80
Advance Sale: Adult $75, Child $70. [with tax: $79.88, $74.55]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: Adult $70, Child $65. [With tax: $74.55, $69.23]

September 28, 30; October 2, 4
Same Day Sale: Adult $99, Child $94
Advance Sale: Adult $89, Child $84. [with tax: $94.79, $89.46]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: Adult $84, Child $79. [ with tax: $89.46, $84.14]

October 5, 12, 19, 26, 28, 30
Same Day Adult $119, Child $114
Advance Sale Adult $119, Child $114. [with tax: $116.09, $110.76]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: no discount

October 8, 9, 11, 14, 16, 21, 23
Same Day Adult $109, Child $104
Advance Sale Adult $99, Child $94. [with tax: $105.44, $100.11]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: Adult $94, Child $89. [with tax: $100.11, $94.79]

October 18, 25
Same Day Adult $109, Child $104
Advance Sale Adult $99, Child $94. [with tax: $105.44, $100.11]

October 31
Adult $125, Child $120. [with tax: $133.13, $127.80]
Advance Sale: no discount

AP discount: Available to Passholders with Premier Passport, Platinum Plus Pass, Platinum Pass, Gold Pass, Silver Pass, Weekday Select or Epcot After 4 Annual Pass. Passholders may purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to three guests.

Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Members may purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to seven guests.

Adult is ages 10 and up.
Child is ages 3 to 9.

Hi. I may be going the first week of September and there are two days offered, the 3rd which is Labor Day and the 7th which is a Friday.
Does anyone have experience with either of these days (holiday and a Friday) and could recommend which one would be best as far as crowds go? TIA

We are in the same boat. We will be there over labor day and semi torn between the labor day party or the 9/7 party. I know it's early September but I would rather it be a less busy as possible. I feel like the holiday will be busy for the obvious reason but I know Fridays are busier because of locals. I'm leaning towards Friday because the crowd calendar (as much as you can rely on those) has it slowing way done by Wednesday of that week . But, the ticket prices are more expensive Friday which makes me think my reasoning is flawed . We are going to be there from Friday 8/31 to Sunday 9/9 so either will work for us and we will rearrange dining and set fp+ accordingly.

Suggestions? :thanks:

That's exactly what we did last year. Worked out great!

Glad to hear this since this is our exact plan for this year!

Great! Some of us are a little nervous about going to eat in a costume in August (one of those people may be me) but I am sure it will be fun lol.

We’re going to the 9/3 party and doing a late CM’s brunch! So excited! There will be plenty people dressed up!

Are we only allowed costumes after 4? We plan to be in the park during the day as well and if we decide not to go back to the resort to rest in the afternoon, can we wear our costumes from the get go or would we have to change into them at 4?

We are in the same boat. We will be there over labor day and semi torn between the labor day party or the 9/7 party. I know it's early September but I would rather it be a less busy as possible. I feel like the holiday will be busy for the obvious reason but I know Fridays are busier because of locals. I'm leaning towards Friday because the crowd calendar (as much as you can rely on those) has it slowing way done by Wednesday of that week . But, the ticket prices are more expensive Friday which makes me think my reasoning is flawed . We are going to be there from Friday 8/31 to Sunday 9/9 so either will work for us and we will rearrange dining and set fp+ accordingly.

Suggestions? :thanks:

I’ve always been told that Friday parties are always busier. We decided to do Labor Day party as most kids are back in school and the next day is school/work for most people.

IF we have both a regular park ticket and a party ticket linked to out magic band via MDE, how can we be sure that when entering Magic Kingdom after 4pm it doesn’t accidentally deduct a park entry day?

IF we have both a regular park ticket and a party ticket linked to out magic band via MDE, how can we be sure that when entering Magic Kingdom after 4pm it doesn’t accidentally deduct a park entry day?
There is a separate entrance for party guests

Coming from the U.K. and will be attending this event for the first time ever. Appreciate that what I’m asking can’t really be answered but...

We get to Florida on the 25th October, so not sure if we will want to go to the party on our first night after flying in. Is it generally thought that the cheaper the ticket the less busy it will be? Would a Sunday be quieter than the Friday?

Hey,

We arrive from the UK the day before. Sunday will be quieter than Friday because locals have work on Monday. We'll be doing the 25th which will be quieter than both but you'll be unlikely to clear customs in time unless you're doing a red eye.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter