"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Advice .... I understand that weekday parties have lower attendance, has anyone been on Columbus Day Monday? I'm wondering if that party is significantly busier because of the holiday or not? Thanks

We picked Tues the 9th, because the crowd calendars show Oct 6-8 as very busy days, so I just assumed the holiday would be as well.

I can't provide info about the party as this will be our first one but I will say that we often choose to go to the MK on party days as the early close deters many from going to the park that day. It will get busier at 4:00 once party guests are allowed to enter with their party tickets.

We often choose to go to the MK on party days due to the lower crowds.
Thank you. Any idea about the other parks - Epcot, HS or AK?

My advice is always to pick the party that works best with your schedule. Sold out or not, the party exclusive events (characters, parade, fireworks) are going to be crowded no matter what night you go. Having a good plan is far more important than which night you attend.

Thank you! My instinct is to go with the Friday party, so that's probably what I'll do.

Advice .... I understand that weekday parties have lower attendance, has anyone been on Columbus Day Monday? I'm wondering if that party is significantly busier because of the holiday or not? Thanks

I am going that same week but trying to travel on that day but at least in my area schools have eliminated this day as a holiday. Not sure about other places. In my area they even removed his statue.

For those who have successfully linked their party tickets in MDE are you allowed to "practice" booking FP+ now (within 30 days from today), or do you have to wait 30/60 days from the actual party date to book? I'm asking this with the assumption that, like previous years, we will be able to book FP+ from 4-7 with party tickets.

For those who have successfully linked their party tickets in MDE are you allowed to "practice" booking FP+ now (within 30 days from today), or do you have to wait 30/60 days from the actual party date to book? I'm asking this with the assumption that, like previous years, we will be able to book FP+ from 4-7 with party tickets.
Regardless of the ticket you have, unless you have an AP the FP reservation time does not open until your 30/60 day window is visible.

The is still a question about whether a party ticket will allow a guest go book FPs on those dates. I know I did in the past for MVMCP but that was also about 5ish years back when FP+ was still in it's early stages and not even available at all resorts.

Regardless of the ticket you have, unless you have an AP the FP reservation time does not open until your 30/60 day window is visible.

The is still a question about whether a party ticket will allow a guest go book FPs on those dates. I know I did in the past for MVMCP but that was also about 5ish years back when FP+ was still in it's early stages and not even available at all resorts.

We went to MVMCP last year and could book FPs from 4-6. However, that could definitely change before the parties start this year.

Stupid question.

If I'm spending the day at the park already and am doing the Halloween party, will i be asked to leave and come back in?

Or can I stay inside?

We just did after hours on 3/1 and it let us book FP for before that started. I imagine they will let people for the Halloween party too.

Stupid question.

If I'm spending the day at the park already and am doing the Halloween party, will i be asked to leave and come back in?

Or can I stay inside?
You can stay inside. You will need to go to one of the wristband locations to receive your wristband and then just keep going! :) Wristband locations will be added to Post 1 as they're known. Last year's locations are listed.

I am sorry for my post yesterday, it probably caused a lot of confusion and anger. After I talked to the CM and was told they went on sale in April, I thought it was a scam and felt the need to warn people. You can never be too careful when it comes to reading things on the www.

After reading your comments, I called back and spoke to a CM who was informed. I was able to get 3 tickets for $310.99 (2 adults, 1 child).

Again, I am sorry for my original post.

Happy Hauntings!!!

Stupid question.

Or can I stay inside?

At Disneyland, there were places in the park where you could check in to get your wristband and trick or treat bag. I assume it's the same at Disney World.

DH and I were planning to go the day of our party anyway - it just worked out that the party happens to be on the same night as our planned MK day. Good to know there will be lighter daytime crowds, though we may go back to the resort for the afternoon to rest and recharge for what will be a very late night for us.

A few questions...

1. Am I correct that I can enter wearing a costume at 4 PM?

2. If I enter before that (passholder), would I have to leave my costume in a locker outside or would I be able to enter and just not put it on until 4 PM?

3. TouringPlans shows long wait times for 7DMT and Space even after 6 PM, though the waits seem to go down towards the end of the night. Should I expect long waits if I try to ride a headliner before 10 PM?

4. If they let us make FastPasses from 4-6, would they count towards that day's 3 FP limit or are the rules different for hard ticket events?

We're going Aug 28-Sept 5, so our options are Aug 31 (a Friday) or Sept 3 (Labor Day). I'm thinking that Labor Day would be the better option, though I expect both days will be busy. Anyone have experience going on Labor Day?

We went to MVMCP last year and could book FPs from 4-6. However, that could definitely change before the parties start this year.

We just did after hours on 3/1 and it let us book FP for before that started. I imagine they will let people for the Halloween party too.

Thank you for the responses. To clarify, and I apologize if my question was poorly worded, I was wondering if the party ticket was treated the same way as a MYW ticket for FP+ booking purposes. For example, last time we went in 2016, I got my tickets a year in advance and had time to play with the FP+ system and get an idea of what FP+ were available even though I didn't actually book any (or immediately canceled the ones I did book) until 30 days before our trip. I was wondering if the party ticket would let me do the same. Thanks again.

I am sorry for my post yesterday, it probably caused a lot of confusion and anger. After I talked to the CM and was told they went on sale in April, I thought it was a scam and felt the need to warn people. You can never be too careful when it comes to reading things on the www.

After reading your comments, I called back and spoke to a CM who was informed. I was able to get 3 tickets for $310.99 (2 adults, 1 child).

Again, I am sorry for my original post.

Happy Hauntings!!!

No need to apologize for your post; your intentions were good! There was a lot of information flying around yesterday, some of it accurate and some of it not quite on point.....just another "normal" day when something new is released (or not released)! The great thing about the Dis and these forums is that mostly everybody is here to try to help each other by sharing their experiences and knowledge. You were only relaying what was told to you by a CM in an effort to inform others. It just so happened that the info the CM gave you was incorrect and if you read these forums long enough, you'll see that this a common occurrence with many CMs and it happens all the time. In fairness to the CMs, they do have a lot of info to remember as well and for some reason, rather than say they don't know something or even defer to someone more knowledgeable, they often just give their best guess/answer rather than check to be sure and then they're off to the next call. One thing for sure, no matter what it's regarding, the forum members here are some of the best around in putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together to figure out just exactly what Disney is doing this time. I guess that's what keeps us all going and entertained. Welcome to the Dis:welcome:

I'm annoyed that it's not looking like there's a 9/6 party.

Exact situation as us. Not liking the idea of a Friday party

Can you call and ask to buy tickets on that date? That will tell you if there is a party. Several people in a FB group I am a member of bought their tickets yesterday. Nothing was announced but tickets were bought by a several ppl in that group. Will see if I can go back and find some info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter