"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Do they stop doing the Headless Horesman magic shot at a certain time? Is it something that you can normally do on your way out?

Similarly -- have people had luck getting the Main Street magic shots (butlers and ballroom dancers) on the way out of the park after the Hocus Pocus show at midnight?

Do they stop doing the Headless Horesman magic shot at a certain time? Is it something that you can normally do on your way out?

Similarly -- have people had luck getting the Main Street magic shots (butlers and ballroom dancers) on the way out of the park after the Hocus Pocus show at midnight?
Last year we got the dancers after the last show when the party was technically done, the lines for photos were long on main Street but they had about 4 of them along the street

We got headless horseman shot after the party ended Friday on our way out. I was excited to see they were still letting us get in line for it even though the party was over. Only 1 group ahead of us too :)

For the Headless Horseman shot, can we leave the party to go get it and get back in? I think the pic will look better at night

For the Headless Horseman shot, can we leave the party to go get it and get back in? I think the pic will look better at night
I believe that's in front of the Train Station which is inside the turnstiles and thus still inside the park, so you wouldn't have to worry about getting back in as you haven't quite left yet.

From the first post, it says FP+ on a party ticket should be booked starting at 3:30. I'm assuming it is to avoid them from being canceled. Since DVC can now enter at 2, can I book my FP+ starting at 2?

I booked 3 FPs for 3:20-4:20, 4:20-5:20, and 5:20-6:00 because that was all that was available 30 days out. I haven't heard any reports of FPs being canceled based on arrival windows. Booking a FP from 3:30-4:30 gives you a slightly better cushion since the grace period may or may not apply with party FPs.

I've been working the entire weekend (a total of 30 hours) and didn't have time to keep up with the thread, I know you can find most info on page one which is super, super helpful, but does anyone have a report of wait times for Elvis Stitch? I think that's the only character we want to meet

He was the only one we wanted to meet as well. :(
When the party first started the line was clear out of the building, surprisingly long. We came back after fireworks and got in line and a CM said it was 30 (wait ended just inside the doors, but wraps inside) but then he took a break and my kids still hadn't trick or treated and wanted to leave, so we saw him, but no pic...

Edited to add, he also quit earlier than I expected. We went back I want to say around 11:30-11:45 maybe? and it was closed.

Last edited:

I just wanted to confirm that if I only have an MNSSHP ticket, I can enter at 4PM.

Regular crowds will leave at 6PM, but I can stay between 6-7?

Will there be rides and everything be open for party guests only from 6-7?

I am confused about the timing of the event, when I can get in and when the regular public leaves. When US has a party, the time between regular park closing and the party they have the party guests that are already in the park stay in certain areas and then us out a little before the regular party guests can come in.

I just wanted to confirm that if I only have an MNSSHP ticket, I can enter at 4PM.

I am confused about the timing of the event, when I can get in and when the regular public leaves. When US has a party, the time between regular park closing and the party they have the party guests that are already in the park stay in certain areas and then us out a little before the regular party guests can come in.

We went to Friday’s party. We were already in the park at 4:00, since we had day tickets, too. At 6:00, they started checking for wrist bands before allowing people to enter the ride queues. So, party guests could still ride between 6:00 and 7:00, but day guests could not.

He was the only one we wanted to meet as well. :(
When the party first started the line was clear out of the building, surprisingly long. We came back after fireworks and got in line and a CM said it was 30 (wait ended just inside the doors, but wraps inside) but then he took a break and my kids still hadn't trick or treated and wanted to leave, so we saw him, but no pic...

Edited to add, he also quit earlier than I expected. We went back I want to say around 11:30-11:45 maybe? and it was closed.
When you say at the beginning of the party you mean 7pm? We can get in line earlier, we hate using party time to wait for characters but he is a new one we want to get

I started a hookup thread where either DVC members can list the date that they are going and the number of guests that they can accommodate, or people that would like to enter early with a DVC member can list their Party date and the number of people in their group. At least, it will save people from having to spend a considerable amount of time scrolling through this thread, looking for the right match.

Be careful. If a DVC member "adopts" random people to get them in early, that's coming close to breaking a Disney rule because I believe technically the DVC member is supposed to be bringing in members of their party. The Dis doesn't like to aid in rule-breaking.

Can any DVC members confirm if you just have to show your card to get in at 2PM or does it need to be linked to your magic band?

As far as I know, you can never get any DVC benefit just by using your Magic Band. You always have to show your DVC card, and often you have to show a blue DVC card to indicate that you either bought a certain number of points direct from Disney, or you bought before a certain deadline and you are "grandfathered in." It is DVC's way of discouraging people from buying contracts on the resale market, where they are cheaper.

The Werther's was at the party in 2015, but the CM said they are there every year and they were giving them out at the Christmas Party last year so I don't see why they woudln't be there this year

For those of use (myself included) who were interested in Werther's, after reviewing @MPLsDad's post, it appears Werther's may not be offered this year.

The poster who shared their great experience or receiving Werther's was sharing their experience from a few years ago and they may no longer be offered.

If they are it will be a great surprise, just didn't want people spending time chasing something that may not be offered this year.

Werther's is still listed on the 2018 MNSSHP map under "Special Thanks" with several of the companies providing treats for the party. I believe Beanfields bean chips are being used in Hades nachos, Mars is the general trick or treat candy and all other companies listed are the allergy friendly treats. Werther's sugar free packs are included in the list of available allergy friendly treats at the 2 allergy redemption locations but I have not seen them in any of the pics of allergy friendly candy hauls from Friday's party. I know they did not stock enough of the allergy friendly items at the redemption locations and it was slim pickings as the evening went on. Hoping they rectify this for upcoming party dates.

In my previous long post I mentioned that I hit almost every trick or treat spot, and I saw no Werther's products. I did not see the allergy friendly items, however.

You can go in at 4pm. Regular park guests leave at 6pm. The party officially starts at 7pm. The park is running like normal the entire time. It is LOADS of fun!! Enjoy it

The non-party guests are asked to leave but many do not until the cast members break out the flash lights and start roping off areas checking for wristbands.

Does the Magic Kingdom have the Halloween parade on non-party nights close to Halloween like they do for Christmas.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info!! We have been to many past MNSSHP, but not one where the park closes at 6PM and the party starts at 7PM.

I am glad that the rides and eateries will be still open for party guests, in that in between hour.

Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter