Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

I've either bought tickets on the ap ordering site or called and they verified my ap in order to buy the ap discounted tickets/passes.

When I ordered the FF + ep in June, I had to give them my ap number over the phone in order to get the ap discount.

Do they sell unlimited numbers of the Frequent Fear passes, straight through the end of Oct?

A few Newbie questions:
  • We have 12 & 13 year old boys. They have been to haunted houses and mazes before and have really liked it. I have watched some vlogs of past events, seems ok for their tolerance level (maybe not mine!). However, in the videos I did not really see any kids in the crowds. Is the general atmosphere more adult oriented due to the scare factor or other aspects of the event?
  • I am good with just visiting 3-4 of the houses, the scare zones and show seem more up my alley. Is the event worth it just for a few houses? All the props, atmosphere, and people watching looks so fun!
  • We have APs, any HHN discounts (sorry if this has been asked already). We will be there Oct 25-30.
Thanks so much for any info or advice!

Of course it will depend on the maturity of your kids - but we had a great time last year with an 11 & 14 year old. We did every zone and every house. I'm pretty sure I was more scared lol!!! I would go even just for the atmosphere, it was fun walking around and taking it all in. We saw nothing too questionable as far as it being adult oriented. The worst was probably when we were waiting for our Uber at the end of the night and the kids seeing quite a few drunk people, and one was puking. We're going again this year, from Oct 30-Nov 6, and my son cannot wait for the haunted houses!!!

Brownie!

I remember youse !

Glad you posted and shared your experiences with a teen at hhn
And thank you for your kind words

So have you booked your room, bought hhn tickets and ready to take your granddaughter back for another fun vacation and include hhn...

If you are ever at hhn anytime during my dates, give me a heads up
Would love to do a mini meet and great with you

And that goes for any other posters here

Love putting a face with a name and saying hi

Thanks for remembering. I hope to go again this year, but "real life" is trying to make it harder. I'll be sure to share dates and hopefully info if I can make it official. I'm thinking of making a hotel reservation just to hold a room in case we go. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know when we'll get the hours?

I know that it will be opening at the same time, but certain nights stayed open later than others and I can't find that info for this year.

Does anyone know when we'll get the hours?
I know that it will be opening at the same time, but certain nights stayed open later than others and I can't find that info for this year.

The only thing I am sure of is the park will close hhn at 2:00 am for Friday and Saturdays.

When I booked my private rip hhn tour I was given the start time of 6 or 6:30 for that Friday night.

Past years the park opens officially at 6:30
If there are any changes or adjustments, UO will release that soon.

My wife and I used to go to HHN every year (during a five year span) up until we had kids. We haven't been to HHN or Universal Orlando since 2007. My son, the little guy on my profile pic, is 11 and my daughter 8. Going back to our old stomping grounds next month, and I'm glad to see some of the same people on here that used to offer us a lot of great advice back in the day.

I'll be asking some questions along the way, but the first that comes to mind involves HHN Express Passes. I recall back in 06 and 07 that staff would walk around the park (during HHN) selling express passes at a discount. Does anyone know if this still goes on?

Getting a little impatient now for HHN...………….

Two of my favourite throwback pictures...……2008

9-28-2008-090-M.jpg

b7315531-507b-4dc8-aadc-a5adaf8ea2c9_zpshpn97yth-M.jpg

My wife and I used to go to HHN every year (during a five year span) up until we had kids. We haven't been to HHN or Universal Orlando since 2007. My son, the little guy on my profile pic, is 11 and my daughter 8. Going back to our old stomping grounds next month, and I'm glad to see some of the same people on here that used to offer us a lot of great advice back in the day.

I'll be asking some questions along the way, but the first that comes to mind involves HHN Express Passes. I recall back in 06 and 07 that staff would walk around the park (during HHN) selling express passes at a discount. Does anyone know if this still goes on?
No it doesn’t

You can buy the ep at guest services during the event while you are there for hhn

Some nights they can sell out

Jumping on late re: holding pens and stay & scream. I was in the Finnegan's area on the Saturday before Halloween last year (26th/27th?). Didn't feel crowded at all. We were released earlier than I thought, and I was able to do Shining & Dead Waters in less than 15 minutes. Downside was absolutely no one was in front or behind me, so I got every. single. scare. And then some.

Looking forward to doing it again this year, and based on the spec map, hopefully hitting up Stranger Things first

Jumping on late re: holding pens and stay & scream. I was in the Finnegan's area on the Saturday before Halloween last year (26th/27th?). Didn't feel crowded at all. We were released earlier than I thought, and I was able to do Shining & Dead Waters in less than 15 minutes. Downside was absolutely no one was in front or behind me, so I got every. single. scare. And then some.

Looking forward to doing it again this year, and based on the spec map, hopefully hitting up Stranger Things first
Probably because everyone made a B-Line to AHS from that holding area lol i feel like the same will be true this year assuming Stranger Things is in that first building AHS was in last year.

So true!

That front house always gets heavy crowds each year

Location besides popularity adds to the long lines for it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter