Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

After the last Potter movie tonight we are going to watch the original Poltergeist........

Haven’t watched it in a while..........

Then must get Netflix back and start watching Stranger Things.........not sure I’ll like it, but will give it a go........

After the last Potter movie tonight we are going to watch the original Poltergeist........

Then must get Netflix back and start watching Stranger Things.........not sure I’ll like it, but will give it a go........

We should be getting Poltergeist in a few days from Netflix. Son just got home from visiting the grandparents, so we have some movies to catch up on. Right now, it's Exorcist. I know it's not a house this year, but he really wants to see it. Next is Killer Klowns. We watched all the first season of Stranger Things and liked it. It reminded me of a Stephen King story, little more like Stand by Me with a bit of IT. It was visually very good too.

I'm just glad to finally get to see a Scary Tales house. I'm kind of a big fairy tale nerd, and also a big Oz nerd (the wicked witch is going to be featured prominently).

She’ll get you, my pretty

Surely, they won’t pass on having Flying monkeys.

Caught it a few weeks ago. Still holds up but had to explain why the tv channel went off with national anthem to the youngins lol

We should be getting Poltergeist in a few days from Netflix. Son just got home from visiting the grandparents, so we have some movies to catch up on. Right now, it's Exorcist. I know it's not a house this year, but he really wants to see it. Next is Killer Klowns. We watched all the first season of Stranger Things and liked it. It reminded me of a Stephen King story, little more like Stand by Me with a bit of IT. It was visually very good too.

I wouldn’t watch The Exorcist for years!! Thought it would be too scary.........when I finally did watch it as an adult it was the biggest disappointment since finding out about Father Christmas!!! I kept saying is this it???? Lol.......big disappointment..........but so many love it, so it must just be me..........

Started watching Stranger Things last night.........think we’re going to like it!

She’ll get you, my pretty

Surely, they won’t pass on having Flying monkeys.

Caught it a few weeks ago. Still holds up but had to explain why the tv channel went off with national anthem to the youngins lol

Lol......I know, makes you feel ancient when you can remember those days!!

I know a few flying monkeys..........:rotfl:

I wouldn’t watch The Exorcist for years!! Thought it would be too scary.........when I finally did watch it as an adult it was the biggest disappointment since finding out about Father Christmas!!! I kept saying is this it???? Lol.......big disappointment..........but so many love it, so it must just be me..........

Started watching Stranger Things last night.........think we’re going to like it!

Lol......I know, makes you feel ancient when you can remember those days!!

I know a few flying monkeys..........:rotfl:

Have you seen the exorcist tv show? I’m back the last season on DVR but it’s pretty creepy but strikes me rather depressing. Didn’t get that in the movies.

Have you seen the exorcist tv show? I’m back the last season on DVR but it’s pretty creepy but strikes me rather depressing. Didn’t get that in the movies.

Never watched it.

Have seen it advertised but didn’t appeal at all........don’t fancy depressing!!! Like the creepy vibe shows can give off though........

Talk to me about getting in to HHN at the start time. We are not going to be in the park before HHN because I just can't justify the cost with buying an HHN ticket and the EP for all 4 of us. Any good tips & tricks?

Scareactor dining is another option. It takes place at the monster cafe and is a buffet. If you can reserve an early seating (they start at 5 pm) I have read they will let you into the houses before HHN opening, I think when the stay and scream people are allowed into houses. The dinning is $50 per person.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/hhn-scareactor-dining/index.html

I'm doing this on the Saturday night I am attending HHN (09/22). I couldn't justify the cost of single day tickets either due to not only money but time. I can only spend so long in the parks before I get too tired.

It definitely wasn't as scary as it seemed as a kid. I think the thought of the devil was just scarier then. I don't think it scared my son much either. I think the language and sexual innuendo were pretty shocking back then. However, it's actually a really good film, with a good script and acting. We haven't always seen that in horror films, until Blumhouse came about. I hadn't realized it was based on a supposed non-fiction book. That might be a good read before HHN.

I'm doing this on the Saturday night I am attending HHN (09/22). I couldn't justify the cost of single day tickets either due to not only money but time. I can only spend so long in the parks before I get too tired.

Yep, can be a long day for sure especially after Parks during day and HHN at night.

You will have to have your HHN ticket for that evening plus your Scareator dining ticket to get into the park for your 5 pm dining experience.

I just noticed the dining experience is not available on any Friday during HHN.

Have great fun dining with the Monsters :scared1:

Any idea why? I’ve seen that a few times too, but haven’t found a reason why.

The user legacy who as been leaking clues about the houses the past few months on another forum suggested it was due to staffing, since there is an additional house now and also F&F is rumored to be open this year at HHN. This year will be my first HHN, so just going off what I have read online.

Yep, can be a long day for sure especially after Parks during day and HHN at night.

You will have to have your HHN ticket for that evening plus your Scareator dining ticket to get into the park for your 5 pm dining experience.

I just noticed the dining experience is not available on any Friday during HHN.

Have great fun dining with the Monsters :scared1:

Thank you I can't wait to get a pick with Sam :) I bought the Rush of Fear with Express tickets and am going Sat 09/21 and Sun 09/22.

Universal Studios will close at 5 pm on HHN nights.

Folks who have a day park ticket and HHN ticket can go to stay and scream areas. Once all non HHN ticket holders are out of the park then the folks in stay and scream areas can be released to houses when they open usually about 6 - 6:15 pm. Most of these people do not have EP.

I was just looking at the calendar and noticed that it now says Universal closes at 6:00 for the dates we will be there in October. :scratchin

With HHN officially starting at 6:30, do the seasoned vets think there will still be any advantage to being in the park ahead of time and staying in a holding area if they will be emptying regular park guests out up to 6:00? We're trying to figure out if we want to spend the whole day straight through at Universal or break up the day with an early dinner outside the park. We will have EP and are staying at the Hard Rock if that makes a difference.

I was just looking at the calendar and noticed that it now says Universal closes at 6:00 for the dates we will be there in October. :scratchin

With HHN officially starting at 6:30, do the seasoned vets think there will still be any advantage to being in the park ahead of time and staying in a holding area if they will be emptying regular park guests out up to 6:00? We're trying to figure out if we want to spend the whole day straight through at Universal or break up the day with an early dinner outside the park. We will have EP and are staying at the Hard Rock if that makes a difference.

That will be interesting as when they have closed the park to regular guest at 5 pm usually it seems to take for forever for some of those people to leave the park....so unless the staff are going to be really rounding those folks up to get them out quickly this year I don’t see how that will work.

With you staying onsite you can go through the hotel guest entrance to your far right on the other side of
Building. So when you go under the arch entrance to US you will go to your right not straight to regular ticket holder gate entrance.

You having EP will help a lot.

Even if you have EP and you are going on weekend at end of September and October it will be busy. So some do the Stay and Scream just to have a jump on the houses. Having dinner prior to hitting HHN is not a bad idea. They do have select restaurants open inside the park also during the event.

For those who want to stay in the park for STAY AND SCREAM.....go to parks early in the day.....go back to hotel and have a rest and then come to US and be in the park before 5 pm.

Last edited:

I got an email from Touring Plans about that. I wonder if it's a mistake. That's not much time to get people out, unless they are going to start herding people to the exits before 6pm, like closer to 5pm.

That will be interesting as when they have closed the park to regular guest at 5 pm usually it seems to take for forever for some of those people to leave the park....so unless the staff are going to be really rounding those folks up to get them out quickly this year I don’t see how that will work.

With you staying onsite you can go through the hotel guest entrance to your far right on the other side of
Building. So when you go under the arch entrance to US you will go to your right not straight to regular ticket holder gate entrance.

You having EP will help a lot.

Even if you have EP and you are going on weekend at end of September and October it will be busy. So some do the Stay and Scream just to have a jump on the houses. Having dinner prior to hitting HHN is not a bad idea. They do have select restaurants open inside the park also during the event.

For those who want to stay in the park for STAY AND SCREAM.....go to parks early in the day.....go back to hotel and have a rest and then come to US and be in the park before 5 pm.

THANK YOU! I had no idea about a separate entrance for hotel guests. Still trying to decide what to do about our day! Maybe doing a park day, with a break for lunch and a nap and being back before 5;00 isn't a bad idea for a Saturday.......

What are they thinking?

Runs opposite to official closure re RIP tours starting up slots earlier this year for checkin???

Really hope they think this thru & modify it back to 5 pm closure for studios.

Have lounged in simpsons area last few years. Always scratched my head as to how late the few stragglers are urged out. I’ve often wondered if people try to hide in the bathrooms, etc. to gain access, not realizing that absolutely won’t work.

Surely hope closing @ 6 pm doesn’t mean they will let guests still enter MIB line shortly beforehand. Depending upon how it’s stacked could take a good hour plus for them to circulate thru it.o_O The hounds aren’t released from the pens until park is cleared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter