Offers we can cancel online, no phoning

You can cancel online at http://www.pacificwebworks.com/customer_support.htm
using the live chat link

You will need need the Member ID you were given when signing up as well as to confirm all registration info with the representitive. After cofirming, ask to cancel and you will be given a confirmation number. Very easy!

Hope this helps!
I just canceled last week, after I got credit. ;)

Thanks! I finally managed to get thru via phone. Today was my last day to cancel. I was still holding out for the credit (trouble ticket already filed) but I didn't want to cancel until I absolutely had to!!!

Just wanted to add this one. You can cancel Scholastic offers online!

I did the Dr. Seuss back in Jan, sent the package back refused and cancelled the account. Apparently they didn't process because I just got charged a 4th time. I got a little lazy and kept forgetting to look into it. I received a letter saying that the package was recieved and the subscription had been cancelled and refunded, but today I checked and yesterday ANOTHER charge when through.

So, deciding this time to keep things in writing instead of over the phone so I had a trail if it keeps going, I was digging around their site and found this page to contact them.

http://scholastic.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/scholastic.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

I gave them all the info about my charges, requested it be cancelled (again, LOL) and within a couple hours had email confirmation that it was cancelled and they processed the refunds. So hopefully it'll show up on my account in a few days.

But wanted to pass along for those of you who like to cancel online, you can do it through customer service emails!

Just wanted to add this one. You can cancel Scholastic offers online!

I did the Dr. Seuss back in Jan, sent the package back refused and cancelled the account. Apparently they didn't process because I just got charged a 4th time. I got a little lazy and kept forgetting to look into it. I received a letter saying that the package was recieved and the subscription had been cancelled and refunded, but today I checked and yesterday ANOTHER charge when through.

So, deciding this time to keep things in writing instead of over the phone so I had a trail if it keeps going, I was digging around their site and found this page to contact them.

http://scholastic.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/scholastic.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

I gave them all the info about my charges, requested it be cancelled (again, LOL) and within a couple hours had email confirmation that it was cancelled and they processed the refunds. So hopefully it'll show up on my account in a few days.

But wanted to pass along for those of you who like to cancel online, you can do it through customer service emails!

Thanks so much for posting this!! It was fast and painless - I hate calling! :rotfl:

Bumping this up. I was looking for this information and found it on page 3.

I signed up for entertainment weekly for the $9.95 w/automatic renewal. I called to cancel after receiving the first issue (not what I really wanted) using the 800#, and while on the phone I was given a website that I could have used to cancel
www.ew.com/customerservice

I stayed on the phone and canceled. It was very easy, and the operator was nice. :cloud9:

I did not try to cancel the remaining issues and get a refund, I just canceled the automatic renewal. The TOS stated I could cancel and get a full refund for remaining issues, but I did not try to do that, and the operator did not offer that when I said I wanted to cancel my subscription.

Now I have a question for you...

I am VERY leary of putting my credit card number on these various sites...so what I did with one was used a UNIQUE CC# that PayPal provides me with when I make a charge through them. So it is essentially like a one time use only. So if I use that on these offers, would I have to cancel since they don't have a CC# on me to keep charging? Has anyone tried this??

Introducing the PayPal Virtual Debit Card - Beta

Concerned about giving out your credit or debit card number online? Wish you could use PayPal in more places?

The answer is here: Download the new PayPal Virtual Debit Card. It generates a virtual card number every time you shop, everywhere you shop – so you never have to give out your credit or debit card number again!

You get all the convenience and security of PayPal, with a special advantage: Now, you can pay with PayPal anywhere MasterCard® is accepted online.

Check out all the benefits:
Fraud Site Alert: Warns you if you land on known or potentially fraudulent websites.
Privacy and 100% Protection: Financial information you provide is never shared with any merchant. And you get 100% protection against unauthorized payments sent from your account.

Faster checkout: The Form Fill feature automatically completes shipping and billing details.

Introducing the PayPal Virtual Debit Card - Beta

Concerned about giving out your credit or debit card number online? Wish you could use PayPal in more places?

The answer is here: Download the new PayPal Virtual Debit Card. It generates a virtual card number every time you shop, everywhere you shop – so you never have to give out your credit or debit card number again!

You get all the convenience and security of PayPal, with a special advantage: Now, you can pay with PayPal anywhere MasterCard® is accepted online.

Check out all the benefits:
Fraud Site Alert: Warns you if you land on known or potentially fraudulent websites.
Privacy and 100% Protection: Financial information you provide is never shared with any merchant. And you get 100% protection against unauthorized payments sent from your account.

Faster checkout: The Form Fill feature automatically completes shipping and billing details.

WOW, I will try that!!!!

How do I get to this on paypal's website. I'm logged in but not finding it.... I'm sure I'm looking right at it, but not seeing it. :confused3

Yeah, I think you are right there. I am not sure if you have to have the debit card linked to your balance in order to get it to work, but it is a cool feature. And I REALLY like not having to give out my CC# to anyone on the web.

Okay, I know there are a few of us dis'ers out there that are doing QR, SR, CR, TT (and the list goes on) and want to know which of the offers are easy to cancel. Calling to cancel just makes us nervous. So I was thinking we start a thread that lets us all know which ones we can cancel online. Like I just saw that Cinema Now can be canceled online. So if we had a thread to help us we could make money but also feel more comfortable. :) Anyone else up for this?

So we have so far ALL can be canceled online:
1. Cinema Now
2. Blockbuster
3. Official Nascar
4. Privacy Matters
5. Gamefly
6. Efax-- A live chat button online
7. Passport to Fun--Okay it's not online but it was an automatic phone call with no live person BUT BE CAREFUL you will have to cancel savingssmart as well, even if you don't want to join it. So call both to cancel. Sneaky sneaky
8. Silvertag--THROUGH PAYPAL MY FAVORITE
9. ShoppingJobs.com --at QR right now---THROUGH PAYPAL MY FAVORITE
10. OfficialAuctioneers
11. Gotta Play
12. Health Care Plan
13. Realty Trac
14. The Grant Assistant-- takes a little bit of effort to cancel but does work

You say for the Passport to Fun you have to cancel Smartsavings too...is there a seperate number that you need to call for that?? Because I have 1-800-999-0557 to call.

THANKS

I just did a Live Chat with Essential Living (Sleep-Aid Prescription Strength, All Natural)...went smooth. Nothing like getting paid $11 to spend $5.95.

And as everyone knows you can do the eFax...I just did that one too.

This one can't be canceled on-line...but it's VERY easy to cancel over the phone!!

For any of you that use Cash Duck, I signed up for the Men's Health Trainer 10 day Free Trial, got credited immediately, and then canceled. It's very simple to cancel. You can call them at 1-866-710-5054 and they just ask you for the User Name you signed up under, and they ask you to verify your name. It literally took me about a 1 minute phone call to cancel, and it got me $12 in credits!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter