News Round Up 2020

There is a thread on the Aulani section of the DIS that MB's from WDW are already usable at Aulani. Apparently many of the CM's out there were unaware of it.

Thanks for sharing - interesting that WDW ones can be used there vs keeping everyhing separate. Like the kids club ones from the cruise line are separate even though they physically look the same

Magic Keepers
No those are different.

If the PP is talking about the same thing I am it's like a band that goes around it almost like you see on a watch that keeps the extra part of the band in place.

I think the name OR a name is bitbelt??

The thing I thought the poster was talking about is like this:

Though maybe they are talking about Magic Keepers where you take the puck out.

No those are different.

If the PP is talking about the same thing I am it's like a band that goes around it almost like you see on a watch that keeps the extra part of the band in place.

I think the name OR a name is bitbelt??

The thing I thought the poster was talking about is like this:

View attachment 546936

Though maybe they are talking about Magic Keepers where you take the puck out.

Thanks for catching it before I could correct it. 😋 I did so almost immediately - the term is "Sliders" at least for the ones Disney sold. There were also Magic Bandits, which were charms that fit in the unused holes and always fell off.

So rumors of Magic Bands downfall are premature? You'd think if they were looking to push everyone to use their phones for touchless keys/payments that they wouldn't expand their use beyond the Florida parks.

I mean it is still very fun and useful as a cardless key and touchless payment system .. and will sell as people want to get "special" ones. So will they expand Magic Bands to cruise ships, other Disney hotels, or even Disneyland?

So rumors of Magic Bands downfall are premature? You'd think if they were looking to push everyone to use their phones for touchless keys/payments that they wouldn't expand their use beyond the Florida parks.

I mean it is still very fun and useful as a cardless key and touchless payment system .. and will sell as people want to get "special" ones. So will they expand Magic Bands to cruise ships, other Disney hotels, or even Disneyland?

I never thought MBs were going away. It was my understanding that just the free ones are.

I am sort of surprised they haven't already been pushing ones that are only available to certain people.

Maybe this is first step - like there are certain MB styles only available at Aulani ... but I am surprised they haven't already done this with like special ones only for those staying at the Poly, or something like that

I wonder when DCL resumes if they will be sending out free MBs (or similar). Royal Caribbean already has their version called WOW Bands (purchased onboard for ~$5, but free for higher stateroom classes). Each WOW band is unique to that sailing and not reusable.

I wonder when DCL resumes if they will be sending out free MBs (or similar). Royal Caribbean already has their version called WOW Bands (purchased onboard for ~$5, but free for higher stateroom classes). Each WOW band is unique to that sailing and not reusable.
DCL does already use magicbands for the kids clubs too.

I never thought MBs were going away. It was my understanding that just the free ones are.

Yeah looks like that now with a resort stay you can get a previously free one for $5 now.

Or a themed one for around $7-$20.

I get the move by Disney, why not charge $5 vs for free, but still is another perk gone from onsite.

I do like the MB's. Hate using my phone. So we'll rely on our collection until we might one day be forced to use our phone or pony up the extra $ for new bands.

Yeah looks like that now with a resort stay you can get a previously free one for $5 now.

Or a themed one for around $7-$20.

I get the move by Disney, why not charge $5 vs for free, but still is another perk gone from onsite.

I do like the MB's. Hate using my phone. So we'll rely on our collection until we might one day be forced to use our phone or pony up the extra $ for new bands.

Yeah we have a box full of them. Might grab a new one if they’re cute though! :)

You are my people so I have to post here.

So incredibly, incredibly bummed right now. Our Walnut had another ED visit that was quite costly, we will get some back though due to insurance. I love this cat more than anything, but this guy is costings us zillions! :D But with my pay-cut and Micky's job loss for most of this year, we are crunching numbers and I'm so sad to say going this May would be too much of a stress on our finances. :(

We postponed to October 20-29, 2021 when we will (knock wood) be well back on our feet financially. We decided not to wait until next year because who the heck knows what that will bring.

I know compared to everything going on in the world, this is nothing, but it stings.

You are my people so I have to post here.

So incredibly, incredibly bummed right now. Our Walnut had another ED visit that was quite costly, we will get some back though due to insurance. I love this cat more than anything, but this guy is costings us zillions! :D But with my pay-cut and Micky's job loss for most of this year, we are crunching numbers and I'm so sad to say going this May would be too much of a stress on our finances. :(

We postponed to October 20-29, 2021 when we will (knock wood) be well back on our feet financially. We decided not to wait until next year because who the heck knows what that will bring.

I know compared to everything going on in the world, this is nothing, but it stings.

so sorry to hear this, but you have to do what you have to do ....

obviously doesn't make up for it, but half-glass-full view, at least you don't have to stress about how the parks will be in May, and by going in October there *should* be stuff for the 50th open ...

... and there will definitely still be cookies in October :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter