News Round Up 2020

A day late to this but I saw some posts on Twitter that the grease they use couldn’t handle the extreme cold weather yesterday morning.
Yep it’s a fairly common issue for coasters. It’s why so many can’t run in the cold. Unfortunately for Rockit, they need a crane to reset the car so it’s hard to fix midday.

Saw WW84 last night in theaters (we had the choice to see it through HBO Max but wanted to see it in theaters). Apparently the last time I had been in a theater was last December seeing Star Wars sooo that was strange to realize.

The movie wasn't bad, it wasn't as good as the first one to us and there were a just a bit of plot holes but it was an enjoyable enough. We were talking and there were parts that they could have cut out and the movie would have been fine without it (it was a 2 1/2 hr long movie). I think it was a big mistake for them to delay the release of the movie. It probably would have been much better received last December, I'm guessing they didn't want to go up against Star Wars last year but boy did that turn out to be a bad choice.

Pedro was really good in his role and having recently watched Mandalorian S2 it's an interesting switch in roles.

As for the theater experience we ended up going to our 2nd favorite AMC location, it had recliners in all the theaters and was a bit closer to one of the people in our party. Very impressed with mask usage between what little employees there were and patrons. Disappointed in the cleanliness of the theater inside our theater. We get to our seats which had not been visibly cleaned (residue was very visible). Went right out and told the woman who was scanning people's phones for tickets and they immediately got someone in there (kudos for that). The guy was only cleaning the seat bottom not the arm rests where the buttons are for the recliners (which they are supposed to clean) so a member of our party asked him to do that. If they were cleaning in between showings they would have seen the residue..

We'll go see another movie in the coming months more than likely and I'll want to check out our favorite AMC location for comparison. It was really nice to actually see a movie in a movie theater again that's for sure.

Sister-in-law tried to see WW84 on Christmas and the theater location (a B&B theater) she went to their projection for the large theater had broken that afternoon and they wouldn't be able to get parts for several days and all the other showings were sold out (social distancing an all) so she was one of the people that went with us last night.

Signage up, lights on around the ride -- lots of promotion of the ride .. sneak peeks .. feels like this thing could open any day now with "2021" just a few days away.
There is a lot more movement on it, news wise. I just think if they were that close to opening they would have revealed the date during the Christmas special. I’m still thinking around Spring Break or a little after.

There is a lot more movement on it, news wise. I just think if they were that close to opening they would have revealed the date during the Christmas special. I’m still thinking around Spring Break or a little after.

My only thought is that they might go for a quite "its open". I am not sure if Disney can get away with some big opening event like they could pre-covid.

I hope this doesn’t mean they’re scaling back on Nintendo World and doing some in IOA and then replacing KidZone with the main portion of the land. I’d much prefer it if it all goes into whatever Epic Universe winds up becoming with expansion pads for lands for Zelda and Pokemon etc
The problem is who knows when Epic Universe is happening at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter