News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we saw Aladdin last night and overall I was not a fan. I did like Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Will Smith did ok ... I think I just don't "get" these remakes - just feels like "empty calories"

I will say the rest of family really liked it - so thinking it is more of a "me problem".

So we saw Aladdin last night and overall I was not a fan. I did like Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Will Smith did ok ... I think I just don't "get" these remakes - just feels like "empty calories"

I will say the rest of family really liked it - so thinking it is more of a "me problem".

My Daughter and her Best Friend were not a fan of some of the acting as singing they felt it was very High School Musical (Disney Channel)ish. But they said they loved the story and Will Smith as the genie.

Pretty much how I felt. Jasmine was great, Will Smith didn’t really make the character his own. Iago, Sultan, and Jafar were bad. Aladdin was forgettable. But the film was enjoyable and better than I had expected going in.

Agreed, it felt like I was watching a high school theatre department who managed to acquire a green screen. Where as BATB was actively meh, this was just...dull.

I did enjoy the Naomi and the new music they did for her.

Specialty bands appear to be sold out for resort guests. I tried last night and again today but can only get the normal coloured bands to appear. Others are reporting the same. Seems like this option was a HUGE success! Hope they add more bands again!!
I went to do the same since my trip to WDW is in 11 days now and UGH

We just saw Aladdin today - we all definitely enjoyed it and my wife had numerous laugh out louds, especially with Aladdin and the first meeting with jasmine. I thought the Speechless song was just a music video from Guy Ritchies past and didn’t fit at all. Really liked Will Smith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter