News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new board is there a way to mute things like on twitter? I'm about to mute #galaxyedge on twitter and anything else that makes it pop up. Not to avoid the spoilers but because I don't want to be inundated with it all because I just don't care. I've read/seen enough about it as a non star wars fan and I don't need to see more until I see it in person sometime in the future :)

So we saw Aladdin last night and overall I was not a fan. I did like Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Will Smith did ok ... I think I just don't "get" these remakes - just feels like "empty calories"

I will say the rest of family really liked it - so thinking it is more of a "me problem".

I agree 100%. There just isn't any heart in these remakes. Its like... it's missing the Disney magic from the animated film.

With the new board is there a way to mute things like on twitter? I'm about to mute #galaxyedge on twitter and anything else that makes it pop up. Not to avoid the spoilers but because I don't want to be inundated with it all because I just don't care. I've read/seen enough about it as a non star wars fan and I don't need to see more until I see it in person sometime in the future :)
I don't believe so.

Unfortunately I would suggest not visiting the boards as much this weekend as there will be a lot of posts about it.

I don't believe so.

Unfortunately I would suggest not visiting the boards as much this weekend as there will be a lot of posts about it.

As I still want to keep up with the news etc that really shouldn't be the answer. I can skip stufd with it in the title, but as with those that want to avoid spoilers before they see the land, we shouldn't have to skip this thread or other parts of the board. I understand it's news but there's plenty of dedicated threads for the discussion.

Hi Everyone welcome back

Just came to say Aladdin was Awesome. I think they did a great Job with the story (what they kept and what they changed) and Will Smith was amazing as the Genie.
We felt the same. Myself, DD24 and DD17 saw it this morning. Both my girls grew up with the original, but loved this one as well.
I can't think of anyone who could play the genie after Robin Williams, but Will Smith does a fantastic job!! I found myself laughing out loud a few times. :)

As I still want to keep up with the news etc that really shouldn't be the answer. I can skip stufd with it in the title, but as with those that want to avoid spoilers before they see the land, we shouldn't have to skip this thread or other parts of the board. I understand it's news but there's plenty of dedicated threads for the discussion.
It’s a tough situation. We’ve never really experienced anything like this. As far as photos and stuff that will be kept to the SWGE subforum but any news will be posted here as well.

It’s a tough situation. We’ve never really experienced anything like this. As far as photos and stuff that will be kept to the SWGE subforum but any news will be posted here as well.

Not worried about the news but the pages of SW discussion that always goes on here any time it's brought up multiplying 10 fold.

I saw Aladdin yesterday. I absolutely loved it, and think I even liked it more than the animated version. I always liked the movie, it just wasn't my favorite animated. I thought the movie did a great job fleshing out the characters and adding more story.

I appreciated that everything wasn't over CGI'ed.

I liked Jasmine's character a lot better.

I thought Aladdin and the Genie were both good.

This is the first remake besides Dumbo that I've liked at all.

Major discussion will be directed to the SWGE subforum. There will always be some discussion here. That is inevitable.

Are you able to edit posts to put things in spoilers? O know I will do my best to not have any "spoilers" out in the open of I post anything but obviously could slip up

I have in the past posted the link to the SWGE subforum just so people who really only come to this thread see it ... Is that useful?

Like you say, some discussion is inevitable but just trying to think of things to minimize it

Are you able to edit posts to put things in spoilers? O know I will do my best to not have any "spoilers" out in the open of I post anything but obviously could slip up

I have in the past posted the link to the SWGE subforum just so people who really only come to this thread see it ... Is that useful?

Like you say, some discussion is inevitable but just trying to think of things to minimize it
Yes I can edit to add a spoiler tag.

If discussion seems to be an issue I will post my usual warning to move discussion elsewhere. I will then remove posts if it continues.

Wanted to tell everyone about a new feature called Bookmarks. On the upper right of a post you can click on what looks like a bookmark or ribbon. Then you can add a tag or message that saves that post. This is a great feature for trip planning and such. Helps to easily find posts. Then on your profile name next to "your account" it says bookmarks which will have all your bookmarks.

I like the board upgrade, but it's a bit like a new car; I don't know where all the buttons are yet.
It’s fine with me, but it has made me go from portrait to landscape viewing on my phone to more easily navigate. Page numbers and bread crumbs are truncated or don’t show at all in portrait view on my iPhone XR.

It’s fine with me, but it has made me go from portrait to landscape viewing on my phone to more easily navigate. Page numbers and bread crumbs are truncated or don’t show at all in portrait view on my iPhone XR.

Thank you for that tip! Not having the page numbers on my phone is a bit of a pain because I use thrm often. While not ideal at least this will get me what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter