News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just punched in some typical Dec. dates for us and at the Poly the cheapest CL room is $219 per night more than the standard view.

By comparison it's usually $80-$100 a night for the CL at the Universal deluxe resorts for similar benefits. In fact most who have done both say the UO CL is better.

I don't think the value is there which is why I made the comment it's aimed at the 2%.

yeah, I agree with that and I think what I was getting at - like if you are ok spend the $ on what CL at Disney costs, what's another $50/person/day? (and I am sure there are exceptions to this)

this goes along with what I've heard. Disney will move closer to upcharge by the time Star Wars Galaxies Edge and/or the 50th Anniversary hits (maybe by reducing availability for the higher fastpass tiers first -- except for upcharge)... gradually, and not right away.

Last edited:
NEWS

Children’s Activity Centers at Walt Disney World to Close July 31

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...enters-at-walt-disney-world-to-close-july-31/

The Walt Disney World Resort has just announced that their three Children’s Activity Centers located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts will be ceasing operation on August 1, 2018.

Disney has stated that the Activity Centers are bringing in fewer guests and that they will be exploring other options for their younger guests.

Every existing reservation will be accommodated, however, July 31 will be the last day of operation for all three Children’s Activity Centers.

Kid’s Nite Out will remain available for Guests looking for a child or babysitter service.

NEWS

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...enters-at-walt-disney-world-to-close-july-31/

The Walt Disney World Resort has just announced that their three Children’s Activity Centers located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts will be ceasing operation on August 1, 2018.

Disney has stated that the Activity Centers are bringing in fewer guests and that they will be exploring other options for their younger guests.

Every existing reservation will be accommodated, however, July 31 will be the last day of operation for all three Children’s Activity Centers.

Kid’s Nite Out will remain available for Guests looking for a child or babysitter service.

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!

We only used this service twice, but it was awesome a few months ago to be able to use it.

Another reason to ensure that we stay offsite for future trips.....

Oh man, happy about this. This is my favorite slide at BB after the family one, and with our Platinum APs we will probably get there at least once.

Do you think this would count for club level DVC? It’s kinda different but as I’ve never stayed at any kind of club level I’m not sure if it’s different/the same.

There's only the 10 rooms in AKV - so I imagine the answer would be "Yes".

NEWS

OK - this completely 100% sucks. Our DD is too old now to use it, but when she was <12 she LOVED going to these clubs. In fact, the last time she was young enough we were at Beach Club, she actually asked to go BACK a second day. And it was a great way to allow us as parents to have a nice dinner out.

That said, every time we used it (maybe 4-5 times overall) there were at most 3 or 4 kids in the places, so it is pretty clear that these services aren't being used optimally. Too bad, must not be a lot of parents that want to leave their kids behind.

NEWS

Noooooooooooo! But at least we leave July 31, but stinks for everyone else planning on using them. What a bummer.

One other note - I have no problem with them having a high-priced bonus FP tier. How many people are going to spend $50 a day per person for 3 more FP. For a family of 4 over 7 days that's $1400 premium. The answer is not many. As long as they don't start some sort of "FP for a premium only" system...

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but according the survey results from 126,000 Stitch is the worst ride.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/disney-world’s-worst-attraction-may-finally-be-closing-for-good/ar-BBHQ0R4?li=BBnb7Kz

That's great and all, but I always liked it. Not concerned with what other people like or don't like, after all, thousands of people watch TV shows like the Bachelor, The Housewives of greater Mars, American Idol, etc while I can feel my IQ dropping if I watch 2 seconds of any of those shows. I'm not going to lose sleep over it if Disney decides to permanently close that attraction, but if they decide to refurbish it and bring it back? Cool with me.

Wow. I wonder if there will be a group chaining themselves to the door to prevent it from reopening. :duck:

:rotfl:

I like Stitch, but this ride has got to go! I guess they have nothing better to do with the space at this time, given their current plans/budget.

I LOVE Stitch as a character, but I went on the ride once and that was enough for me haha
there are very few things I have said never again about in any of the parks even though it terrifies me I will even go on TOT again Stitch was a NEVER EVER EVER again for me.

Oh man, happy about this. This is my favorite slide at BB after the family one, and with our Platinum APs we will probably get there at least once.

There's only the 10 rooms in AKV - so I imagine the answer would be "Yes".

OK - this completely 100% sucks. Our DD is too old now to use it, but when she was <12 she LOVED going to these clubs. In fact, the last time she was young enough we were at Beach Club, she actually asked to go BACK a second day. And it was a great way to allow us as parents to have a nice dinner out.

That said, every time we used it (maybe 4-5 times overall) there were at most 3 or 4 kids in the places, so it is pretty clear that these services aren't being used optimally. Too bad, must not be a lot of parents that want to leave their kids behind.
Very Strange as my sister was told like a month ago they might want to hire her for childcare at resorts? I am surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter