• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

I only like Wolfgang puck, Christmas, long walks on the beach, ladies that love life, and Disney fans that drink too much...

...and reruns of Mr. belvedere

I'm shocked by the Christmas thing. I believed you were a true Grinch; I'll hold that down for you I suppose. There is some serious string tying those loving Christmas and WDW. I'm truly the exception that breaks the rule and pretty much try to work and drink away the holiday season. I specifically won't go to Orlando during the winter holidays. I like my WDW neat - like my drinks. For those that love the season though, WDW certainly pulls out all the stops. Its a shame they don't represent all the other winter holidays, but they know their customer base.

Getting back on topic - I always thought the "gang" thing was just Dis pearl clutching at its finest - and let's admit people drinking can cause that on here. I'd love to hear why any Disney exec wouldn't want the staff to make out on tips though. Seems fantastic. The employees are going to be happier being paid well, and Disney isn't the one footing the bill.

If bagged, the Harney and sons imperial earl grey is a go to from years ago...they have a "white" too.

That stuff is bad. I'd rank H&S Imperial as one of my least favorite Earl Greys: far too prone to excess tannins, and heavy on the bergamot.

(Though as I drink tea black, I'm always going to be a bit biased towards Earl Grey Cremes).

And to keep it on topic, the fact that Joffrey's is the Springs' offering for tea, makes me sad.

That stuff is bad. I'd rank H&S Imperial as one of my least favorite Earl Greys: far too prone to excess tannins, and heavy on the bergamot.

(Though as I drink tea black, I'm always going to be a bit biased towards Earl Grey Cremes).

And to keep it on topic, the fact that Joffrey's is the Springs' offering for tea, makes me sad.

Ahhh...I can appreciate the varying tastes.

The truth is there's very few bergamots that I haven't liked. I'm pretty open to them.

That is an absolute cover story...there was very little "gang" violence at PI...but that story was floated for years.

The reality is it wasnt busy enough for their tastes and they didn't want to pay for the operation...

...and on the flip side, when they were busy, the tips allowed the drones assigned there to clean up and that wasn't good for the Eisner mandated "everyone minimum" labor strategy...

Don't believe the hype.

I never said anything about violence :confused3

Just meant groups of people not acting very Disneylike - and executives not wanting people to get tips, and thus happy about getting paid less than minimum wage makes zero sense, but ok

I am seeing the line for Malificent is 3-4 hours and Disney is handing out bottles of water to people on line as it is mostly outside

Super high demand? Let's just do it once a year for a day. Or even longer than every year.

I always wondered why they didn't do more rare character weeks, or even special after hour parties. The demand is there.

I'm pretty sure I'm not willing to take that kind of pay cut...Unless they'll make me a Friendship Boat Captain. I'm a terrible driver and have twice been on sailboats that required Coast Guard assistance, so that's probably a bad idea.
As long as I can be the guy who stands around just to tie the boat to the dock I'm in

I try not to be a pixie duster, but I'm saving judgment on the Edison until I see it. The speakeasy/rum tunnels definitely sound cool. If they can put in some talented lounge singers I can see spending many evenings in a themed environment like that.

I have great hopes for the Edison. I love the one in LA, but I do fear they'll "water it down" too much for a family audience. It's nice to have at least some great "adult" places at Disney. Don't get me started on losing The Adventurer's Club, but they can make up for it somewhat with a decent Edison.

Super high demand? Let's just do it once a year for a day. Or even longer than every year.

I always wondered why they didn't do more rare character weeks, or even special after hour parties. The demand is there.

Well, guess if they do it too often then it isn't so special - part of the demand is the low supply

Which makes me wonder even more why they aren't continuing the villains party the Ng which people were willing t pay a pretty penny to attend and saw very positive response

I never said anything about violence :confused3

Just meant groups of people not acting very Disneylike - and executives not wanting people to get tips, and thus happy about getting paid less than minimum wage makes zero sense, but ok

You don't seem to grasp how the labor history in the swamp has gone. Higher than standard low wages is an enemy of "the company" for about 55,000 reasons. They made efforts to cull that years ago including at PI.

And what is "acting disney like"? There's is no such a thing...

"Acting disney like" to management is spending unlimited amounts of money on product while you're there. So if that's what you mean...then I agree PI might have had a problem.

"They had to shut it down because there were bad people there" is an excuse spun to fools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter