New MultiPass LL (aka Paid FastPass+)

Ah - I haven't yet hacked my way through all the details. So the booking window (like before with FP+) opens at 7AM? Hmmmm. Guess I'll be up at the crack o' dawn that day.

Unless they figure this out beforehand. Here's hoping.
Like I said before, I don't actually believe this will be a thing. They aren't going to alienate all the Canadians who can fly down in a few hours for weekend trips by taking away something that we have always had. I personally think with the wording I've seen it's an issue with MDE and some international countries don't have access to download it or don't have the full functionality of it and to cover their butts because cast members don't have the correct information they are just saying all international guests.

I mean they neglected international customers with magic bands, then with free water park access on day of checkin, now this. I don’t know why your in such denial when it’s its coming from the mouth of mouse. Just confirmed it again from a cast member, who got reconfirmation from their manager. I know you don’t believe cast members right now, but there is no reason not to.
The magicbands are because of the rfid. They can't send that to Canada and they are promoting mobile checkin and holding on to magicbands for international guests slows things down. Getting rid of that makes sense. I've not heard about Canadians not getting the free access to the waterpark starting in 2025. I'm pretty up on things and never heard that.

I spoke to a tech support CM this morning about this, asking if she knew why Canadians were blocked out. She said for "technical reasons". I asked what the difference was, technically, between booking with this system, versus a few years ago with FP+, which we could do?

Her answer - "technical reasons." She did say, however, several times, this could change.

I did ask, if I drove to the States prior to my trip, I should be able to book through the app, right? Even if I turn around and head right back? She said "I assume so" which I admit is not totally reassuring.

The magicbands are because of the rfid. They can't send that to Canada and they are promoting mobile checkin and holding on to magicbands for international guests slows things down. Getting rid of that makes sense. I've not heard about Canadians not getting the free access to the waterpark starting in 2025. I'm pretty up on things and never heard that.
But you used to be able to hold for pick up at the resort.

A lot of international guests and Canadians not in Toronto or Montreal, don’t have the flight options to land in the morning/afternoon to take advantage of water park on check in day. I am on the west coast and my earliest time to fly in is at 5pm.

But you used to be able to hold for pick up at the resort.

A lot of international guests and Canadians not in Toronto or Montreal, don’t have the flight options to land in the morning/afternoon to take advantage of water park on check in day. I am on the west coast and my earliest time to fly in is at 5pm.
Yes but with promoting online checkin they can reduce staff if people aren't just stopping by to pick up magicbands. The issue with the waterparks isn't a Canadian thing. That can literally happen to someone flying from Arizona.

Also, I'm not quite sure why it bothers you so much that I don't believe it will happen.

So is July 24th the date when we can really, truly confirm or deny how the new LL process does or noes not work for people in Canada? I tend to agree with the people who suspect that Disney is just bad with saying "international" when they mean "overseas," and that we will be able to book at home, no quickie border trip needed. But it's hard to know how to proceed until it's actually happening that people in the US are actually making bookings while people in Canada find that they cannot.

Someone upthread mentioned websites, and I have no problem getting a US version of the WDW website when I want to book a Disney Visa travel promotion, like a room offer. I do have to manually type in the URL (well, the part that matters) because if I try to click through at the Disney Visa site or from an email, I get rerouted to a Canadian version that has no Disney Visa anything. So, it might be possible to go through the US version to book LL? Worth a try, although a VPN sure seems like a better bet.

Thanks to everyone who has emailed Customer Service, and I look forward to your reports of what happens on the day that this new service goes live.

Like I said before, I don't actually believe this will be a thing. They aren't going to alienate all the Canadians who can fly down in a few hours for weekend trips by taking away something that we have always had. I personally think with the wording I've seen it's an issue with MDE and some international countries don't have access to download it or don't have the full functionality of it and to cover their butts because cast members don't have the correct information they are just saying all international guests.
This is what I think too....they said the same thing about the old Genie+ and yet we were able to book it still from here. Just have to wait and see and hope for the best!

Yes but with promoting online checkin they can reduce staff if people aren't just stopping by to pick up magicbands. The issue with the waterparks isn't a Canadian thing. That can literally happen to someone flying from Arizona.

Also, I'm not quite sure why it bothers you so much that I don't believe it will
Us guests can still have their bands sent to the resort.

You’re right about west coast US guests as well for the water park perk.

It doesn’t bother me, just find it strange when there has been multiple confirmed reports, Trust me I hope you’re right.

Don’t you find it weird that Disney is making these policies that affect people differently?

Us guests can still have their bands sent to the resort.

You’re right about west coast US guests as well for the water park perk.

It doesn’t bother me, just find it strange when there has been multiple confirmed reports, Trust me I hope you’re right.

Don’t you find it weird that Disney is making these policies that affect people differently?
I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere in regards to Canadians. I believe that cast members are confusing the wording and including Canadians when in regards to overseas guests. Also there are far less US residents having magicbands sent to resorts than international guests because they can get them at home.

I don't see it as confirmed anywhere that Canadians won't be able to prebook. Cast members often have incorrect info and bloggers are not disney officials.

I too think this might be a mix-up, but when I did talk to tech support today, to someone who seemed very sure of the plans, they were quite clear Canadians AT THIS POINT are not eligible for the advance purchase.
So is July 24th the date when we can really, truly confirm or deny how the new LL process does or noes not work for people in Canada? I tend to agree with the people who suspect that Disney is just bad with saying "international" when they mean "overseas," and that we will be able to book at home, no quickie border trip needed. But it's hard to know how to proceed until it's actually happening that people in the US are actually making bookings while people in Canada find that they cannot.

Someone upthread mentioned websites, and I have no problem getting a US version of the WDW website when I want to book a Disney Visa travel promotion, like a room offer. I do have to manually type in the URL (well, the part that matters) because if I try to click through at the Disney Visa site or from an email, I get rerouted to a Canadian version that has no Disney Visa anything. So, it might be possible to go through the US version to book LL? Worth a try, although a VPN sure seems like a better bet.

Thanks to everyone who has emailed Customer Service, and I look forward to your reports of what happens on the day that this new service goes live.
The issue here is (as of now) this has to go through the app, which can tell where you are. Which is probably why overseas (not Canadian) visitors are affected, as in most places outside of NA this app lacks the functionality necessary to support these purchases.

If true, this means two things:

- Canadians CAN use the app to purchase in advance, IF Disney allows that
- to open this up for overseas travelers they will need to allow online access to the system, ie through a website

I mean they neglected international customers with magic bands, then with free water park access on day of checkin, now this. I don’t know why your in such denial when it’s its coming from the mouth of mouse. Just confirmed it again from a cast member, who got reconfirmation from their manager. I know you don’t believe cast members right now, but there is no reason not to.
I did not know this about free water park access. Why is this not available to Canadians?

The issue here is (as of now) this has to go through the app, which can tell where you are. Which is probably why overseas (not Canadian) visitors are affected, as in most places outside of NA this app lacks the functionality necessary to support these purchases.
The app doesn't lack the functionality - Disney intentionally blocks it from working outside the US or Canada. Whether it's for regulatory, tax or other reasons - we don't know.

So, if they decide to allow it, they can do so within our outside the app.

But I agree that it's most likely they will open up the functionality for Canada, as they are selling there today so there are probably no insurmountable obstacles.

I did not know this about free water park access. Why is this not available to Canadians?
It will be “available” just hard to utilize since it has to be on the day of check in, and with long travel times, most Canadians don’t arrive at the resort until the evenings. Same applies to international guests and US depending on location/travel options.

It is. They mentioned it because ANYONE arriving later in the day can't make use of it and OP initially said it was just Canadians. I fly out of toronto and get in at 10am most of the time. But anyone on the westcoast probably wouldn't. That includes Washington state, California and all the west coast states as well.

"The app doesn't lack the functionality - Disney intentionally blocks it from working outside the US or Canada."

Yep, that's what I meant. It deliberately can't function outside of US/Canada (and apparently parts of Mexico, for some reason) because of their decision.

I have to assume Canadians will be able to purchase the new system in advance, through the app. I just made a purchase today using it (ADR, secured by a credit card) - no fuss, no muss. I bought our tickets for MNSSHP through the app last month; why would they block just the LLs?

It will be “available” just hard to utilize since it has to be on the day of check in, and with long travel times, most Canadians don’t arrive at the resort until the evenings. Same applies to international guests and US depending on location/travel options.
Thank you for this reply! I can easily fly in early out of Ontario so that won’t be the case for me.

Someone just posted that Disney emailed them and said the following:

I emailed them…

and they responded we need to be in USA OR CANADA…

“ Just like Disney Genie+ service, Guest will need to be located within the United States or Canada in order to purchase Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass through the My Disney Experience app.”
I am hopeful this is true. It makes sense, I have bought and made genie/ILL selections from home in Canada many times.

They still need a work around for other international guests though. They should be able to call a CM and book that way if they can’t get the app to work.

I am hopeful this is true. It makes sense, I have bought and made genie/ILL selections from home in Canada many times.

They still need a work around for other international guests though. They should be able to call a CM and book that way if they can’t get the app to work.
Agreed. We way a premium to stay on property. Guests, regardless of where they live, should have the ability to book especially if they are paying the same room rates and park ticket admission as everyone else. If you were staying off-site, sure. But on property, absolutely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest