New Epcot Resort coming soon?

I love it. There's like two threads going on in one.

1) Permits filed - after review WDWNT strikes again, and makes a headline out of a molehill.
2) OMG, OMG, OMG - I'm disregarding the above, and a hotel is really coming!!! BTW, will it have brunch???

does this make the hotel at River Country less likely to be true?
also my favorite question: THEME?!

Ehh Regardless if its WDWNT Headline pull tactic or actual Disney Plan makes no difference. We know that all the rumours point to Disney Investing Heavily in Epcot after HWS is Done, the Rat Ride and Guard Coaster are just the first Salvos, By adding a Gondola system between Epcot and HWS Disney is trying to up its appeal to a older crowd. It would make sense for Disney to invest in more Hotels near this Area, Disney is putting alot of Money in those two parks and would love to maximize guest time in parks for Merch and dinning. Disney wants the Disney Bubble to be made out of mountains of our Cash. The rumours have mentioned a Epcot connected resort before, it would make financial sense,

Now as to a 5th Park, if that was in the Cards it would also prob be in that General Area . There is more then Enough space Between Epcot and The Wilderness Camp Grounds Or Even on the otherside of World Drive Between Epcot Magnolia and Animal Kingdom. If that was the Case More Hotels in the Epcot Area would make a ton of Sense regardless though of the 5th gate discussion and Staffing issues and what not. Disney is Putting Alot of Money in WDW between two very close Parks, another Deluxe would make sense. Think of it. Right now you really only Have 2 or 3 Disney Owned Deluxe resorts Serving Both Epcot and DHS, I say 2 or 3 depending on if you Count Yacht Club and Beach Club as one resort or not. While Magic Kingdom Has 4-5 Deluxe Close to it. This also Depends on whether you consider Copper Creek its own Resort or Just a Extension of Wilderness. Another deluxe or even another 3 Deluxes Near Epcot and DHS would make alot of Sense IMO just for maximizing guest spending time after all of this cash investment disney has made.

Ehh Regardless if its WDWNT Headline pull tactic or actual Disney Plan makes no difference. We know that all the rumours point to Disney Investing Heavily in Epcot after HWS is Done, the Rat Ride and Guard Coaster are just the first Salvos, By adding a Gondola system between Epcot and HWS Disney is trying to up its appeal to a older crowd. It would make sense for Disney to invest in more Hotels near this Area, Disney is putting alot of Money in those two parks and would love to maximize guest time in parks for Merch and dinning. Disney wants the Disney Bubble to be made out of mountains of our Cash. The rumours have mentioned a Epcot connected resort before, it would make financial sense,

Now as to a 5th Park, if that was in the Cards it would also prob be in that General Area . There is more then Enough space Between Epcot and The Wilderness Camp Grounds Or Even on the otherside of World Drive Between Epcot Magnolia and Animal Kingdom. If that was the Case More Hotels in the Epcot Area would make a ton of Sense regardless though of the 5th gate discussion and Staffing issues and what not. Disney is Putting Alot of Money in WDW between two very close Parks, another Deluxe would make sense. Think of it. Right now you really only Have 2 or 3 Disney Owned Deluxe resorts Serving Both Epcot and DHS, I say 2 or 3 depending on if you Count Yacht Club and Beach Club as one resort or not. While Magic Kingdom Has 4-5 Deluxe Close to it. This also Depends on whether you consider Copper Creek its own Resort or Just a Extension of Wilderness. Another deluxe or even another 3 Deluxes Near Epcot and DHS would make alot of Sense IMO just for maximizing guest spending time after all of this cash investment disney has made.
Interesting post and a lot to ponder/wonder about.

And with occupancy at 90% the demand for more rooms is there.

I am not sure we will ever see a 5th gate.

Yacht and Beach are definitely two resorts as they are sold as such.

Epcot's need for more hotels seems unfounded, in my eyes. There's already five other hotels in a better location (directly between both Epcot and HS). Sure, they could use the rooms, and Epcot is such a central location - but I would rather see another deluxe in the Animal Kingdom area personally. Coronado's upgrades are a step in the right direction though.

I wouldn't count on a fifth gate, either. Disney has the land, but the quality of the land is a whole other story. Not to mention the costs would be astronomical. As long as Disney keeps evolving their current properties and adding more accommodations there's hardly a need at this point.

Epcot's need for more hotels seems unfounded, in my eyes. There's already five other hotels in a better location (directly between both Epcot and HS). Sure, they could use the rooms, and Epcot is such a central location - but I would rather see another deluxe in the Animal Kingdom area personally. Coronado's upgrades are a step in the right direction though.

I wouldn't count on a fifth gate, either. Disney has the land, but the quality of the land is a whole other story. Not to mention the costs would be astronomical. As long as Disney keeps evolving their current properties and adding more accommodations there's hardly a need at this point.
I don't think AK is really in demand. That area is also so far from everything else.

For the 5th gate I don't think land quality and cost are the biggest reasons they don't do it.

And with occupancy at 90% the demand for more rooms is there.

I am not sure we will ever see a 5th gate.

Yacht and Beach are definitely two resorts as they are sold as such.

90% occupancy, but how many rooms are they down right now? A bunch were taken out at CBR and Coronado, Port Orleans FQ has a bunch out for refurb and I believe Pop Century is still getting room rehabs.

90% occupancy, but how many rooms are they down right now? A bunch were taken out at CBR and Coronado, Port Orleans FQ has a bunch out for refurb and I believe Pop Century is still getting room rehabs.
Pop, POFQ, OKW, CBR, CSR, and All-Stars are all under renovations right now.

They have been steady with that 85-90% occupancy rate for quite some time now though.

Well keep in mind that Epcot is also right near the studios which is going to be getting a super boost next year. So investing in that general area makes a lot of sense given the upcoming demand

This all seems so cluttered. I don't know how else to describe it. The crowds may get worse and I can't imagine Epcot being able to handle all of this. I hope that I'm wrong.

Maybe its going to be a "resort of the future" fitting the theme and walts visions. Could be a DVC. If Disney had plans to place a hotel here why invest all this money into the Riviera Resort and not just make the EPCOT one supreme. seems a little redundant to just pop up hotels for the sheer reason of having them. I know they need to accommodate the guests that continue to go to the park regardless of pricing. Plus construction that close to the park in my mind would destroy the experience for alot of guest.

I love it. There's like two threads going on in one.

1) Permits filed - after review WDWNT strikes again, and makes a headline out of a molehill.
2) OMG, OMG, OMG - I'm disregarding the above, and a hotel is really coming!!! BTW, will it have brunch???

I feel brunch is truly the most important topic here... Who doesn't love a good brunch?!

In respect to occupancy and refurbs. I think we will find that refurbs will be a constant. There are just too many rooms now, so at least one section will always have something being refurbed.

I'll be more curious to see what style rooms are built and at what level they are made. I think with my magic system, they know more about their guests than ever before. I would expect if they have learned anything, it may result in another shift in how lodging is presented to guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter