• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

These have my vote:

Name: Disney Star
Atrium statue: Blue Fairy (for 'If you wish upon a star.')
Stern art: Peter Pan and Wendy flying (for: 'Second star to the right'.)
Bow art: Helmsman Mickey (helmsmen used stars to navigate)

Name: Disney Heart
Atrium statue: Pocahontas (for 'Listen with your Heart')
Stern Art: Tarzan and Jane hanging on vines (for 'You'll be in my heart')
Bow art: Tuxedo Mickey

Name: Disney Wish
Atrium statue: Cinderella's Fairy Godmother (grants wishes)
Stern Art: Genie (grants wishes)
Bow art: no clue

To tie them together, all three names are used in 'If you wish upon a star'.

My 8 years old granddaughter came up with the following ideas:

Name: Disney Believe
Atrium Statue: Tinker Bell
Stern art: Peter Pan and Wendy flying
Character meet and greet: Fairy Gathering with all the fairies from the movies

Name: Disney Ocean
Atrium statue: Ariel in gown
Stern art: Ursula
(I told her they haven't put villains on the ships yet and she said, 'good, it will be something new'.)

Here is my favorite one, and the one Disney imagineering could have the most fun with taking from EPCOT TO AT SEA.
Name: Disney Imagination
Atrium Statue: Figment
Stern Art: More Figment
Bow Art: Use your Imagination
New Horn: One Little Spark
The other names i like are the Believe, and the Wish

I'd be surprised if they used Ariel a second time, to be honest. Even if in her human form.

I'd love to see some incorporation of Moana somehow - especially since girlfriend actually sailed.

Of course I can't find it, but there was a picture of a lithograph that is displayed on at least 1 of the ships that pretty accurately predicts the atrium characters. So far Pluto is missing from the ships but the other 4, with a minor exception between the lithograph and the statue are pretty accurate down to the clothes and pose

I am updating page one, and adding a category for Bow Art since the last two postings were the first to mention that category.

I also don't believe that Disney will repeat characters already on their other ships, like Ariel and Helsman Mickey

I vote for Tinkerbell on the bow art -- pointing forward like she's leading everyone to Neverland, and I think it's time that Daisy got her recognition in the atrium. That would round out four of the original characters.

Last edited:

Found it. Pluto and Goofy haven't been used yet as atrium characters.View attachment 338847

Great painting -- but I still think that Daisy deserves her recognition ;) There are two boys (Mickey and Donald) and two girls (Ariel and Minnie). With three ships, they could possibly do Daisy, Goofy and Pluto for the Atrium -- but maybe Pluto or Goofy with Chip and Dale or another character since I don't see being able to do much with Pluto other than have him laying or sitting there. :confused3

BTW, what does the plate say on the photo -- I can't read it.

Great painting -- but I still think that Daisy deserves her recognition ;) There are two boys (Mickey and Donald) and two girls (Ariel and Minnie). With three ships, they could possibly do Daisy, Goofy and Pluto for the Atrium -- but maybe Pluto or Goofy with Chip and Dale or another character since I don't see being able to do much with Pluto other than have him laying or sitting there. :confused3

BTW, what does the plate say on the photo -- I can't read it.

I think going forward well see Daisy as an atrium character. The 1 question I have is which came first? the painting or the statues? Considering it's on the Dream, it's easy to say that Gregg used the planned ships( Dream class) and the existing Magic class as inspiration.Like I said there are subtle differences between the painting and the actual statues but it's too close to be an accident. I'm thinking well see Pluto Goofy Daisy and Chip and Dale as atriums going forward. You have the fab 5 plus Ariel Goofy and Chip and Dale. Who are the more popular Disney Characters. After that we might see Princesses like Cinderella Snow White etc.

The caption reads Sea Fairin Brood by Gregg McCullough. It was also was available at the International Festival at EPCOT. Scott at the DCL bl9g saw it and posted it also.

I think going forward well see Daisy as an atrium character. The 1 question I have is which came first? the painting or the statues? Considering it's on the Dream, it's easy to say that Gregg used the planned ships( Dream class) and the existing Magic class as inspiration.Like I said there are subtle differences between the painting and the actual statues but it's too close to be an accident. I'm thinking well see Pluto Goofy Daisy and Chip and Dale as atriums going forward. You have the fab 5 plus Ariel Goofy and Chip and Dale. Who are the more popular Disney Characters. After that we might see Princesses like Cinderella Snow White etc.

The caption reads Sea Fairin Brood by Gregg McCullough. It was also was available at the International Festival at EPCOT. Scott at the DCL bl9g saw it and posted it also.

Thanks. You're right -- they look very much like the way the statues are designed in the atrium. Interesting.

Thanks. You're right -- they look very much like the way the statues are designed in the atrium. Interesting.

Like I said There are subtle differences between them like the direction there facing or which hand Minnie has her umbrella in. Which may or may not be indicators.

I'd love to see some incorporation of Moana somehow - especially since girlfriend actually sailed.
We completely missed that one when we were reviewing characters with a connection to the ocean and/boats.

I am updating page one, and adding a category for Bow Art since the last two postings were the first to mention that category.
Thank you. My granddaughter will get quite a kick out of seeing her idea added.

I also don't believe that Disney will repeat characters already on their other ships, like Ariel and Helmsman Mickey
They have Sorcerer Mickey on the bow of the Disney Magic, the stern of the Disney Dream and the again on the bow of the Disney Fantasy.

Personally, I am a little confused at their choices. I can't find any rhythm or reason to them. For instance, to me, it would have made more sense to put Sorcerer Mickey on the stern of the Disney Fantasy, rather than the Disney Dream, since he stars in Fantasia and Fantasmic. And why Dumbo after Goofy, Donald and Mickey? Wouldn't Minnie or Pluto have made more sense? Or even Daisy? And, as much as I love Sorcerer Mickey, I would have cycled thru Captain Mickey, Steamboat Willie, Helmsman Mickey and Admiral Mickey (from the 1938 short 'Boat Builders') or Tugboat Mickey (from the 1940 short of the same name) or or Whaler Mickey (from the 1938 short 'The Whalers') for the bow art on the first four ships and certainly wouldn't have repeated with all the choices available.

We completely missed that one when we were reviewing characters with a connection to the ocean and/boats.

Thank you. My granddaughter will get quite a kick out of seeing her idea added.

They have Sorcerer Mickey on the bow of the Disney Magic, the stern of the Disney Dream and the again on the bow of the Disney Fantasy.

Personally, I am a little confused at their choices. I can't find any rhythm or reason to them. For instance, to me, it would have made more sense to put Sorcerer Mickey on the stern of the Disney Fantasy, rather than the Disney Dream, since he stars in Fantasia and Fantasmic. And why Dumbo after Goofy, Donald and Mickey? Wouldn't Minnie or Pluto have made more sense? Or even Daisy? And, as much as I love Sorcerer Mickey, I would have cycled thru Captain Mickey, Steamboat Willie, Helmsman Mickey and Admiral Mickey (from the 1938 short 'Boat Builders') or Tugboat Mickey (from the 1940 short of the same name) or or Whaler Mickey (from the 1938 short 'The Whalers') for the bow art on the first four ships and certainly wouldn't have repeated with all the choices available.

Sorry, I should have said wouldn't repeat characters in the atrium.

Anyone besides me think that maybe Disney needs a sushi bar on one of their ships :thumbsup2

Speaking of ships -- do any of the Disney ships do the chocolate midnight extravaganza anymore?

Anyone besides me think that maybe Disney needs a sushi bar on one of their ships :thumbsup2

Speaking of ships -- do any of the Disney ships do the chocolate midnight extravaganza anymore?

Sushi??? Count me IN!!! :thumbsup2

Chocolate midnight extravaganza? Wow. I'm thinking I've only seen that once in all my sailings..... Looking forward to seeing the answer on that one, RedSox68. :cutie:

I remember the Midnight chocolate buffet on some of our first Disney cruises, then I forgot about it and kept forgetting to check the Navigator. Then I realized on later cruises that I didn't see it anymore.

A sushi bar would be amazing. I tend to grab a few pieces at Cabanas for lunch, but from what I remember, it didn't impress me all that much(just your average/typical buffet sushi). What can I say...California Grill spoiled me when it comes to sushi. With that being said, it would be great to have a dedicated person making specialty rolls on the ship, but I reckon there would be an upcharge for the rolls. The question is would people be willing to pay it? popcorn::There would need to be a large demand for the sushi for DCL to justify having a dedicated bar and whatnot. Vanellope's makes sense, but I'm not so sure about sushi. Just my .02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter