• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I don’t know if this is normal but I have just seen a Facebook post on my Facebook for Australians and New Zealanders to apply for Disney cruise ship jobs.
Maybe I am just hoping that is a sign that the one of the new ships is headed our way down to Australia.

I see lots of similar posts/pages pop up on my Facebook and have for a long time (I'm Aussie too). There are specific positions on board that DCL tries to gear towards certain countries/regions.

I don’t know if this is normal but I have just seen a Facebook post on my Facebook for Australians and New Zealanders to apply for Disney cruise ship jobs.
Maybe I am just hoping that is a sign that the one of the new ships is headed our way down to Australia.

I think a lot of us here in the U.S. would love that too! But I imagine it is more what ivanp91 said, DCL just advertises in various parts of the world, especially as ivanp91 mentioned, geared toward trying to fill certain roles on the ships. But we shall see! :cutie:

These have my vote:

Name: Disney Star
Atrium statue: Blue Fairy (for 'If you wish upon a star.')
Stern art: Peter Pan and Wendy flying (for: 'Second star to the right'.)
Bow art: Helmsman Mickey (helmsmen used stars to navigate)

Name: Disney Heart
Atrium statue: Pocahontas (for 'Listen with your Heart')
Stern Art: Tarzan and Jane hanging on vines (for 'You'll be in my heart')
Bow art: Tuxedo Mickey

Name: Disney Wish
Atrium statue: Cinderella's Fairy Godmother (grants wishes)
Stern Art: Genie (grants wishes)
Bow art: no clue

To tie them together, all three names are used in 'If you wish upon a star'.

My 8 years old granddaughter came up with the following ideas:

Name: Disney Believe
Atrium Statue: Tinker Bell
Stern art: Peter Pan and Wendy flying
Character meet and greet: Fairy Gathering with all the fairies from the movies

Name: Disney Ocean
Atrium statue: Ariel in gown
Stern art: Ursula
(I told her they haven't put villains on the ships yet and she said, 'good, it will be something new'.)

I love the Disney Star idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter