• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New dining gift card discount. UPDATE WITH LINK TO OFFER

This offer is for "arrival dates starting" it will apply to your whole stay. My POR starts 9/8 and goes to 9/17. All dates in "My plans" show the DINE code in them even though the promo is till 9/14.
Thank you! I didn’t see “arrival dates starting” in the fine print. I know it normally says that on specials, so I even looked for it 🤦‍♀️ I am probably just overthinking things.

so if I stay four nights at Beach Club last week in August I would get a $750 promo card for food? This offer has me so confused. I can't tell if it's a deal or not. :rotfl2:

No, it’s $150 per room per night. So if you only stay 4 nights, you would only get $600.

Did you check the 25% off promotion? That was cheaper for me than the dining promo. The dining promo if they ended up giving us the $150 for 6 nights would be a $900 card. But the 25% off saved us $924.36. So it ended up being about $25 cheaper doing the promotion instead.

ETA: although the promotion did say up to $750. So if we’d only get $750, we are saving $175 by doing the 25%
That promotion isn’t available during my booking period, but I think the dining card is a slightly better deal on my room anyways. The 25% discount is certainly better on the higher priced lodging options, though.

okay that makes sense. I booked it anyways because it seems better than if I got a 20% off with Disney+ if they offer that. I wanted BC and the std view so I'm happy with that. :cool1:

What is even more confusing. I booked my room only stay at Poly for Aug 14-20 prior to the rack rate increase yesterday. When I book now, room only, price increase is 88.88 total for 1 room. When I book a package without the dining card the price increase shows, but when I booked the dining package, the price difference is a few dollars per room?? I booked 3 rooms for 5 nights, so I'll get 150 per room per night. IF my math is right, not a bad deal for us. IF I did my math right... I did it 2x, but so confusing...:confused3

I crunched the numbers on my July 4 pop standard room and the 15% discount saved only a few dollars from what I paid when I booked it last year. The dining card increased my costs a little under $200 for the package but I will get $300 dining card so I went with it. It should be $50/night. It took me a long time of going back and forth trying to figure it out including a brief stay in the space mountain orbit waiting room

What is even more confusing. I booked my room only stay at Poly for Aug 14-20 prior to the rack rate increase yesterday. When I book now, room only, price increase is 88.88 total for 1 room. When I book a package without the dining card the price increase shows, but when I booked the dining package, the price difference is a few dollars per room?? I booked 3 rooms for 5 nights, so I'll get 150 per room per night. IF my math is right, not a bad deal for us. IF I did my math right... I did it 2x, but so confusing...:confused3
It is a max of $750, so if you book more than 5 nights, it does not increase the dining amount.

@TISHLOVESDISNEY

I think it's a good deal for the Poly since it's hard to get discounts there. :thumbsup2

I could get the Poly for $300 more over what I'm paying for BC. Very tempting! :scratchin

I just really love being able to walk into Epcot and HS

I noticed that as well. The package price when I booked this morning was less than what I priced out yesterday when researching.

It is a max of $750, so if you book more than 5 nights, it does not increase the dining amount.
Yeah, we are 6 nights, but still.
@TISHLOVESDISNEY

I think it's a good deal for the Poly since it's hard to get discounts there. :thumbsup2
That was what I was thinking. I did a quick search for dates in June, just to see, and couldn't find a Poly discount for the new room only discount, so figured I'd be ahead if no discounts are offered for our August dates later, and if I can snag a better discount then, I will.
I don't have a AP anymore, let it go this past August. Hard to get used to not getting AP discounts. :(

Yeah, we are 6 nights, but still.

That was what I was thinking. I did a quick search for dates in June, just to see, and couldn't find a Poly discount for the new room only discount, so figured I'd be ahead if no discounts are offered for our August dates later, and if I can snag a better discount then, I will.
I don't have a AP anymore, let it go this past August. Hard to get used to not getting AP discounts. :(

I feel you. We let our AP's go in March 2022. It was just becoming every vacation go to Disney to make them worth it. Decided to give my husband a break and only go once a year starting in 2023. Ughhh, hope I can do that. :worship:

I feel you. We let our AP's go in March 2022. It was just becoming every vacation go to Disney to make them worth it. Decided to give my husband a break and only go once a year. Ughhh, hope I can do that. :worship:
Yeah, we now have 2 kids in college, so DH nixed my AP and multiple trips a year. 😢
I struggle with 1 trip a year, but squeeze in a quick extended weekend trip in December for Christmas and OI Meetup. :)

I think it’s for length of stay. At least I hope so. I booked 2 weeks at a moderate. Hoping for a $1400 dining credit.

The fine print says the dining gift card can be issued up to $1000. And additional cards may be issued if the amount is over $1000. But then I also see, one gift card per room. So it’s kind of confusing.

We have Copper Creek (cash) currently booked for September. We'll see if it can be applied! If not, I'll look into other options or maybe just keep what we have!
I was able to go online and apply this to our reservation, we are staying 10 nights (rate didn't change because we booked it recently). I went back and looked at the details in the offer. I thought it was a max of $750, but there is a bullet point that says the following:

• One Disney Dining Promo Card per room—valid for packages that include up to $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card. If a package includes more than $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card, the value will be distributed across more than one Disney Dining Promo Card.
So does that mean it can be more than the $750? If anyone has any thoughts or has heard something definite (I'm not waiting on hold with Disney)? I figure if a better room discount comes out, I can cancel and rebook. $750 is better than $0!

I think it’s for length of stay. At least I hope so. I booked 2 weeks at a moderate. Hoping for a $1400 dining credit.

The fine print says the dining gift card can be issued up to $1000. And additional cards may be issued if the amount is over $1000. But then I also see, one gift card per room. So it’s kind of confusing.
I think I was writing my post as you posted! Same question here!

I was able to go online and apply this to our reservation, we are staying 10 nights (rate didn't change because we booked it recently). I went back and looked at the details in the offer. I thought it was a max of $750, but there is a bullet point that says the following:

• One Disney Dining Promo Card per room—valid for packages that include up to $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card. If a package includes more than $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card, the value will be distributed across more than one Disney Dining Promo Card.
So does that mean it can be more than the $750? If anyone has any thoughts or has heard something definite (I'm not waiting on hold with Disney)? I figure if a better room discount comes out, I can cancel and rebook. $750 is better than $0!
Yes! This is what I was looking at. It definitely reads like length of stay to me.

So if you book 14 nights at a Moderate you will get $1400 in dining cards?

Would be stupid if they made you book 3 packages to get your money.

It doesn't seem to say anywhere how much your dining card is when you price a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter