My Journal to Me - Comments welcome!

Hi Anna
hope you sort out a school soon, you are very lucky to have such good choices around you.
The ankle sounds painful, glad its starting to feel better!
Have a good week:)

Hi Anna,

That is a major bummer about your ankle. I hope it continues to feel better. Don't try to exercise on it too soon, that could really backfire! Can you swim anywhere? I always remember what my trainer told me about losing weight. That food is about 70-80% of the equation. So you can still lose weight and not exercise for a couple of weeks until you get better. Glad dh went to the doctor and Florence Nightengale probably couldn't be a good nurse to her husband either! Husbands are such babies when you get right down to it!;)

Good luck with flushing out the sodium from superbowl, I am right there with you! Today is a new day thank goodness!

Tues:
b - cereal, 1/2 apple
l - RF hot dog w/ the fixin's, 9 tater tots, apple (DH is still home and thought he was being good making lunch:confused3 )
d- 4 pancakes w/ maple syrup, 2 slices bacon, 1 egg, OJ
100 oz water

We always have pancakes on Fat Tuesday ....
The scale this morning was definitely "Fat" Tuesday:mad:

Today:
b- protein bar
l- protein bar
s - costco nibbles: turkey burger (good!), mini chicken taco thing, milk w/ strawberry straw (nasty!)
d- ribs, potato, green beans, 12 oz skim milk
s - low carb, high fiber hot chocolate, 2 1" pcs of dark chocolate w/ almonds w/ dear friend
35 oz water so far, but I'm drinking more ... added 45 oz between 5 & 7pm - eek. I really did feel like I was drowning! Total 80 oz!

took DD4 to school and then ran errands all morning. DD13 is desperate for clothes (stop growing already!). Mervyns is having a "buy 1, get 2 free" of all clearance, and the clearance prices are really good - $24 shirt for $6. I got 24 items for $56! I'll get $14 back for the 6 items that are getting returned. There are 4 more items that I could return, but they are so cheap, I may keep them. Picked DD4 up from school and ran more errands. Picked DD12 & DD13 up from school, had them try on clothes I'd bought and then cleaned house. I'm pooped, but my day is not over yet. Ash Wednesday service is at 7pm (and I still need a shower!), then a dear friend called this morning and just needs to talk so I'm going over there about 8:45pm.

DH is still home today, but going to work tomorrow (Started antibiotics Monday. Here's a bag of cough drops, honey. Have a good day!) thank goodness!

Tracey - so good to see you again. I've missed you! We really are lucky to have good schools. There really aren't any bad choices.

Amy - If DH would stop pulling out the superbowl leftovers for lunch, I'd be in better shape. Soooo much sodium in the last few days!

Anna

Tracy, Mervyns is a clothing and housewares dept store. Sort of Sears caliber except no appliances or tools:rotfl2: .

Ok, quick update:
b- protein bar
l- DD4's FR hot dog (she ate the bun and left the hot dog untouched:confused3 )
d- chinese
56 oz water so far, but I'm not done.

Bunco is at my house tonight so I have been cooking/baking/cleaning all day. After all the shopping yesterday my foot was swollen by bedtime. It is throbbing now. I don't even want to know what it looks like.:headache:

Bunco should be fun tonight. I'm doing a "chinese new year" them for dinner:) Then I made a red velvet type cake and brownies for dessert. Luckily I am at such a high stress level, I probably won't eat very much. It is the leftovers I need to be wary of.

Back to the cleaning frenzy and to frost the cake ... I'm planning on getting to journals tomorrow and doing a whole lot of nuttin' else.:rotfl2: Take care WISH friends:grouphug:

Hey Anna, your food looks good. Red Velvet Cake, YUMMO! My grandmother used to make that and oh my it was tasty. Send me the leftovers honey, I"ll eat them right up! Hope Bunco was fun. Can I just tell you how much I miss Mervyns? We had those here for years, loved them and then they closed them down. Kohls just ran them out I guess. I like Mervyns much better. Ahh, another reason you are lucky to live in San Diego you rat!

Hope this weekend is a nice and relaxing one. I also hope your foot gets better. Stay off of it as much as possible and make dh do all the work!

Hi Anna
we call your fat tuesday shrove tuesday or pancake day - yours is much more appropriate!! - at least for me! I had 2 pancakes both with ice cream & maple syrup AFTER my dinner!!!
Have a great weekend :)

Your dinner for Bunco tonight sounds delicious!!!:thumbsup2 If you have any leftovers, can you send them my way? ;)

Hope you have a great weekend and I hope your ankle is feeling better soon. :hug:

So the last few days have not gone as planned - when does it ever:confused?

Bunco Thursday night was fun and everyone liked the dinner and dessert - yea! Not a lot of leftovers - bigger yea!

Friday was Pajama Mama Day at DD4's school - oops! So much for DIS'ing:surfweb: . Glad I remembered before we actually got to school. Spent the morning with DD4 at school in our matching Minnie red plaid Jammies playing with blocks:laughing: .

Saturday DD4 and I spent the afternoon at a Valentines Princess Tea Party hosted by a fellow DIS'er (hi Kelly!) - lots and lots of funprincess: princess: . Then we met DH and the big girls at Sears and bought a new dishwasher - not nearly as much fun:mad: . By the time we got to Soup Plantation for dinner, DD4 was really tired and primed for a huge meltdown. Luckily we made it through dinner and most of dessert before she blew:scared1: .

Sunday was the usual household stuff along with more HS investigating.

This week will be crazy, but I must get back on track. The scale seems permanently stuck with the possible shift up emminent!:sad2:

Here's the week:
Monday:
* possible walk during DD12's swim practice:thumbsup2 - I'm going to take it slow and see how the ankle does...
* Info night at HS#2
Tuesday: - no walk: no time, and I don't want to push the ankle
* Info tour for kindergarten #2 in the am
* meeting with Asst Principal at HS#2 for DD13 in the pm
* do valentines with DD4
* swim practice for DD13
Wednesday:
* easy walk again in the am
* Info night for HS#1
* Lent class for confirmation class
Thursday:
* tour at HS#3
* Hopefully meeting with Asst Principal at HS#1
* swim practice for both DD12 & DD13
Friday:
* Parent Coffee Meeting at DD4's preschool in am
* swim practice for both DD's in the pm

I can fit in a walk on Monday and Wednesday. I'm hoping I can get something in Thursday too. We'll see.

Tracey - I've never had pancakes with ice cream - YUM!
Tracy & Amy - Ankle is doing better. Pretty swollen by the end of the day, but not really painful if I keep the brace on for support.

Now off to finally get to some other journals .... :surfweb:
Anna

It sounds like you have a busy week ahead....Sending some :wizard: :wizard: your way.

Hope the HS investigating goes well.:goodvibes

Have a great week!:hug:

Anyone want a really, really, grouchy 12 year old? I'm listening to her argue with her sister AGAIN! She is just picking fights for no good reason. Maybe because we are spending time with DD13 on the HS thing. We've repeatedly suggested she get involved also since she has to decide on a HS a year from now, but she is not interested - ARGH!!! I'm tired of the Teenage hormones and she isn't even a teenager yet!:headache:

Sorry for the rant....
Food stinks. I just grabbed things as my day rolled on:
b- 3/4c honeynut cheerios, 12oz skim milk
s- granola bar
l- 1c broccoli, 2 handfuls almonds
s- granola bar
d- 1/4c grated cheese
water: 84 oz:thumbsup2
exercise: 40 minute walk:thumbsup2
I took it easy - not a fast pace, but not a leisurely stroll either - no running at all. Ankle felt ok. Hopefully it will still feel ok tomorrow. I haven't taken the brace off yet tonight, so I don't know how swollen it is.

HS#2 info night was interesting. They answered some of the questions we have, but danced around some others. It is interesting to see how the two HS's play up their particular features. These features can be either positives or negatives depending on how you look at it and what is right for your particular child.

Anna

Sorry Anna i can only swap for another hormonal 13 yr old DD ;)
Well done for getting the 40 min walk in :)
Hope the HS thing gets sorted out soon, it can take over your life if your not careful!!! ;)

Anna, I'll take your hormonal kid if you'll take mine! No wonder my mom went back to work when I was this age, she had to get away from me! DD is on the brink at age 11 and then I"ll have two hormonal messes to live with.

Bunco sounds fun, great that everyone ate the food up. I had to laugh at your description of dd's 4 time at Soup Plantation. You have the full gambit of kiddie emotions and needs right now don't you?

This week is going to be great for you Anna, just hang in there and take it one day at a time. And rest that ankle!

Anna, I'll take your 12 yr old if you'll take my 21 yr old!!

(Nah, I knew you wouldn't go for it!)

Hope your week improves. Choosing HS is HARD!!!!

Glad the ankle is doing better. Take is SLOW!!

Sounds like you have a lot going on, Anna.:hug: Just the other day, I was telling my DH that we will have two teenage daughters in the house at the same time. :eek: Just the thought of it scares me! ;) Sending lots of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: your way. :goodvibes

Hope your ankle is feeling better soon. Please be sure and take it easy.:hug:

Have a great week!:hug:

Oh, Ana! I am so sorry you are dealing with a moody tween. Been there, survived that! ;) It is only marginally better with a 14 year old boy, but I am convinced that allowing them to live through the tween and teen years eventually pays off! :lmao:

Good job on the walk. Sending pixiedust: for your ankle! :hug:

Thanks for all the offers on DD12:rotfl: . Cam, yours made me laugh out loud. Glad to know it really is worth it to make it to the other side (that there IS an other side and the crazy hormones don't last forever:rotfl2: ).

DD13 selected her HS!:yay: After much deliberation she chose HS#1. Not what I would have thought a month ago, but the more we learned, the more it seemed to be the right choice for her. I'm pleased for her, and she's pleased too. Tomorrow she will have to tell her school friends though. Most of them have selected HS#2. Her good friend from swim team will also chose HS#1 though.

Eating has been so-so. I will eat well, but then find myself stressing and powering through brownies/cake/whatever:mad: . Scale has remained stubbornly stuck. At least I have been getting in the water on a daily basis. Really, I have to get back to exercising. The ankle is still not 100%, but I think it is good enough to do something. I just won't run and make sure I have the brace on.

We have had 4 days off, so DH reformatted my computer. It is running well now, but it did mean I've been offline and gotten way behind. I hoping to get to journals tomorrow when everyone goes back to school:surfweb: .

Hi Anna
Glad the HS decision has been made :) one less thing to stress about ;)
Dont you live near the beach???
I would walk that everyday if i was as lucky enough to live somewhere so cool :)

Hi Anna,

Glad to hear that the high school decision has been made.:goodvibes How did your DD's school friends take the news?

Hope you're having a good week! Take good care of you!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter