totals: 1295 cal, 31g fat, 180g carb, 19g fiber, 70g protein
4 f/v:thumbsup2
103 oz water :thumbsup2
exercise: 70 minutes :thumbsup2
20 min strenghening exercise
15 min stretches/conditioning exercise
35 min jog/walk (15 min total running)
WI: 175.0

I feel like I am finally back on track! I puttered around too much at home this morning so I didn't have time to get a jog/walk in before picking DD4 up from preschool. Instead of saying "oh,well" and not exercising for the day, I took her out in the jogger stroller again on the neighborhood hills. I knew I would have to make it a quick workout before I had to pick up the older two DD's from school, so I really pushed myself to get the running time in.

I finished reading Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover last night. I think it is going to be a good plan for me. It is an exercise program and that is where I have really struggled. I understand better his thoughts on not "dieting" and I think I am on the right path with that too with making healthy choices. As part of the program I sign a contract with myself committing to making exercise a priority for 12 weeks. I think that will be a good motivator for me. You also commit to healthy eating and no alcohol. That part I'm not sure about. No wine/cocktails for valentines, DH's birthday, my birthday, Easter with the inlaws:scared: ? However, the 12 week contract will be done by the time we go to SF (mini vacation as we tagalong on DH's business trip:rolleyes1 )

Anna

b - 3/4c Honey Bunches of Oats w/ almonds, 12oz skim milk, 8oz pineapple juice
l - 1c HC Bean & Ham soup, 2oz turkey, apple
s- 1/2c LF cottage cheese w/ pineapple
d - ?? It's Bunco night:confused3 I'm going to really focus on making good choices and/or small portions, if there are not good choices & drinking only water. I just ate the snack now so I won't be so hungry. We'll see ...

I'll post more later

Anna

You're doing GREAT, Anna! Bunco is something I've never played....need to maybe!!

Hi Anna,

How did Bunco night go? Hope you had a great time!:goodvibes

You are off to a great start in 2008!:cheer2: Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Have a great week!:hug:

Hi WISH friends. Sorry to go MIA. I woke up friday with some sort of horrible virus. I actually had to call DH at work to come home. I've only had to do that once before in our whole life, but I was too sick to pick the big girls up from school. (He drops them at school on his way to work.) I had nasty vertigo for a couple of days. First day I couldn't even open my eyes without the whole world spinning - and I haven't had anything to drink since before New Years:rotfl: . After the vertigo left I just felt like I'd been hit by a truck - really drained for a couple of days. I'm feeling better now, but I need to get back on the WISH bandwagon. I've been stress snacking (DD12 and math don't seem to be getting along again!) The scale is stuck at 174 again - grrr!

Need to go take care of the family. More later ....

Anna

:hug: Anna,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. :( I hope you are feeling better soon.:hug: Please remember to take it easy as you get back on the WISH bandwagon. You don't want to do too much too soon.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!:hug:

Quick check in -- too much snacking yesterday and today is the Chargers-Patriots Game! One of DH's DSis is a Chargers season ticket holder and the other DSis lives in Boston. They will actually be AT the game. Die hard fans to go to a game in those temps!! (Can you tell I am really a fair weather football fan :rolleyes1 )

I need to get the kids off to confirmation class this morning and then we are scooting home after church for the game!

Back on track tomorrow, for sure!

Me again. The weekend was bad. Our neighbor had a heart attack and died Sunday morning. He was 60, active & healthy! He was playing lacrosse at the time. If that is not enough, one of DD12's classmates died Saturday. Normal, healthy kid ... died of a staph infection. Scary! That has DD12 pretty shook up. In her book, grown ups die, but not kids. I've not been exercising and "balanced meals" are definitely not happening. Grab what I can, when I can. Luckily, most of it is healthy. The last lb of vacation wt final went away. Scale was back to 173.0 this morning - same as Christmas eve morning.

We are going to the neighbor's funeral on Saturday. I'm leaving it up to DD12 if she wants to go to her classmate's funeral on Friday.

I'll be back to WISH next week. This is definitely a grim reminder that you never know what can happen. Right now I need to focus on my family and my kids. I want to be the best healthy me for them and for myself.

Oh Anna,

I am so sorry. :( It is definitely a reminder to us all to cherish each and every day we have. :grouphug:

Please be sure and take good care of you. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and the families as well.:grouphug:

Oh Anna, I am so sorry about dd's classmate and your neighbor. Life is scary sometimes and we have to all embrace each day. I am really praying for both of those families and yours.

You are doing really well with your food and exercise. I have that Bob Greene book, maybe I need to find it and read it! As I recall, the no drinking thing caused me to stop reading it! Do what you can with that but cocktails and inlaws are just non negotiable in my book. ;)

I hope you are feeling better, that sounded like a very nasty virus. Hope nobody else came down with it.

Keep up your good work, you are really starting 2008 off on a hardworking, positive note!

Good morning. It has been an emotionally draining 10 days, but ready or not, I need to get back to WISH again. Clothes are tight. The scale is creeping up again - 175.0 this morning.

I am not going to formally follow Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover plan. I feel too bad when I screw up, and I agree with Amy, inlaws require cocktails:rotfl: . The book did give me some good insight into the exercise side of things though.

Last night I had a healthy dinner (first healthy meal in a long while). This morning has started out well too and I'm drinking the water again (finally!)

b- 3/4c honey nut cheerios, 8 oz skim milk, peach

Question: Should I start a new journal? Will that help me be motivated?:confused3 Let me know what you think!

I'm definitely starting over with the weightloss journey. It is too depressing to say I have only lost a net 10 lbs after almost two years. My new starting weight will be 175.0 (ugh!) and my goals are still the same - 145 by July 1 - Challenging, but doable, I believe. I'm going to go back to putting 5 lb clippies in my sig too. It will be good to see the 30 lb clippie after 5 months of hard work. :)

Thanks everyone for sticking with me while I have stopped and started over the past year. I did so well in 2006 and early 2007, but have really floundered for the past 6-7 months. Your encouragement and advice all along has meant the world to me. :grouphug:

Anna

Good day except no exercise.

b- 3/4c honey nut cheerios, 8 oz skim milk, peach
l- 1 slice cheddar, 1 LT LC wedge, 100c pack south beach woven wheat crackers (tiny triscuits), 3/4c broccoli
d- 3 pieces homemade cheese pizza, 3c salad w/ FF dressing 12oz skim milk
96oz water

I could have done without the third piece of pizza, but my calorie count was low.

Need to scoot now and go for a tour at one of the HS's. In our district we can "choose" between 4 HS's. Two are on a lottery system. DD likes 3 of the 4 - argh! I'm also looking at 2-3 Kindergartens for DD4. Too many choices!

Anna

Hi Anna,

That's too funny, I have also been thinking about just starting up a new journal. Remember my 30 pound clippie? Well that ship sunk, I can have a 10 pount one but just decided to start over with five pound ones like you. I also want to lose around 30 pounds by July 1! Lets do this together, we can make it happen.

Good luck with the school choices, we are doing the same thing, remember when our moms just took us to the local school, dropped us off and didn't worry about stuff the way we have to?

Have a great weekend, you are off to a great start, food looks good!:thumbsup2

Quick post for Friday's food:
b- WW toast w/ 1T natural PB, 1t all fruit jam, 12 oz skim milk
l - skipped
s - 1/3 bag LF popcorn, 1T PB
d- chicken breast, 1c squash w/ marmalade, 1c broccoli, 12 oz skim milk
80 oz water

I dropped DD4 off at preschool, ran a quick errand, and went to a HS tour. The tour was +2hrs - barely got back to pick DD4 up from school in time and missed lunch entirely - but really, really worth it. This was not the HS I thought DD13 would do best at (although it is closest to us - walking distance :banana: ). However, my perception has changed quite a bit. I was really impressed with what I saw and learned today. HS#2 was our top pick, but we will have to look at that again now. HS#3 is great - combines a lot of what she likes from #1 & #2, but it is a +40minute commute in ugly traffic each way -- not really a contender in my book. HS#4 is also a long drive away and doesn't offer anything that HS#1 doesn't have except a better swim team. Decisions, decisions! I love the fact that we have 4 excellent schools to choose from, but it definitely makes life more complicated. DD13 is going to do a pro/con list (a la Rory on gilmore girls:rotfl: ) this weekend. We have two more weeks before she needs to make a decision.

DH has the congestion, fever, etc (aka the flu, but he won't call it that:rolleyes1 ) today and DD12 has a swim meet this afternoon. Thank goodness her part of the meet is only in the afternoon and we only signed up for one day! It is going to be a long weekend...

Amy, we can definitely do this together :thumbsup2

I'll try and get to journals tonight or tommorrow during the superbowl -- between the commercials -- not interested in the football part at all :rotfl2:

Anna

Oh Anna, I feel your pain! Deciding what school is best is a huge responsibility, and since I have already made one hasty decision, don't want to make another! Thats great you have some really good choices. Your food looks great, keep up that good work!

Tell dh to admit his flu thing, I didn't and it came back to haunt me! And yes, we are going to do this together!!!

Saturday:
b- 3/4c cheerios, peach, 12 oz skim milk
l - (didn't really have lunch, just snacks at the meet)
s's - string cheese, apple, protein bar
d- chicken breast, squash w/ marmalade (no butter!), broccoli, 8 oz skim milk
s- big glass of wine:sad2:

Sunday: super bowl food:rolleyes1

Saturday was good foodwise. I brought healthy snacks & lots of water for the swim meet and had a healthy dinner when we got home. On the downside, I am not going to be able to walk for exericise for awhile. After we left the swim meet, I stopped at a roadside stand to advertising avocados. I stepped in a hole & screwed up my ankle pretty badly.:sad2: I couldn't move it without a lot of pain and I could feel it swelling the rest of the drive home. For the rest of the weekend, I iced it and took motrin (and the glass of wine:rolleyes: ). I was afraid I had actually torn something it hurt that much. Today however, it is still swollen, lovely shades of purple, but as long as I keep it wrapped it feels ok. Hopefully it is just a bad sprain.

I treated Sunday as a "free day" and enjoyed all the wrong kinds of food watching the game.

Today I am back on track and drinking tons of water to wash out all the sodium I ingested yesterday. Hopefully I can stay on track. DH is still sick. He has had a cold/cough for almost 3 weeks and Friday he started running a fever and the cough got much worse. He is actually going to the DR this afternoon. In the meantime he stayed home from work (nobody wants him in the office coughing up a lung!) and he is sort of driving me a bit nuts :scared: . I'm not good at Florence Nightengale.

Anna

:hug: Anna,

How's your ankle feeling today? I hope it's feeling better.

I'm sorry to hear that your DH is sick. :( This flu/cold thing that is going around is tough to get rid of and likes to come back just when you think you're getting healthy. Sending some get well :wizard: his way.

Hope you have a good Tuesday!:hug:

Thanks for the :wizard: Tracy. I think it's working:) .

b- ww toast w/ 1T almond butter, 1t marmalade, 1/2 grapefruit, 12oz milk
l- ww toast w/ cheddar, apple, chips & dip:sad2: , milk
s- polished off the chips & dip:sad2:
d- baked potato w/ 1T sr crm, 1T cheddar (forgot the broccoli:mad: ), more milk
96 oz water

major carb/dairy fest yesterday. Just stressing about stuff - no problem figuring out what my comfort foods are, is there! DH has bronchitis. Dr took a chest xray also to rule out pneumonia (sp?). Luckily, the rest of us are healthy (knocking on wood here!)

for good news, my ankle continues to feel better - although it looks awful with all the bruising. The swelling has gone down significantly though. I keep it wrapped during theday and I'm taking motrin and now using a heating pad to help circulation (healing) at night. Hopefully, I'll be back to functional soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter