Movies you just can't forget about.

A couple weeks ago I watched The Music Never Stops. Fantastic movie. I still think about it.

The Profeesional is one of my favorite movies. I have liked it since I was a child.(Don't know WHY I was watching it as a kid, but I watched it all of the time)

Another one of my favorites.

I think the movie that stuck with me the longest was Dead Girl.(Not THE Dead Girl)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896534/

I just found it very disturbing and was in a funk because of it all day. I don't really ever want to see it again.

I know I don't ever want to see Dead Girl again. Just ick!!

WOW, never thought about this, what a GREAT thread!
Just watched Shawshank Redemption for the first time about 6 weeks ago...AMAZING!!!
I agree with Bridge to Terabithia, we took the kids to see it and HAD NO IDEA how it ended....sobbing in the movies!
Super Size Me...EYE OPENING!

Now I want to see Hard Candy, but a little scared :eek:

And many of these I found just blandly boring and unaffecting in any way - Saving Private Ryan, Traffic, Godfathers...

I'd agree on Traffic. Godfather movies I really enjoyed, but can't say anything really "stuck" about those for me. The big hype for Saving Private Ryan was the realism of the beach landing, but it was the very end that stuck with me. The character Ryan was a true hero, and 60 years later wasn't sure he'd earned the right to have been one of the ones who made it home. I know guys like that in real life (all passed now), so that's what stuck :)

Super Size Me...EYE OPENING!

Super Size Me was a letdown IMO. I get the point, but he went so far out of his norm & deliberately ate himself miserable for effect. And changing his exercise routine at the same time makes one wonder which had the greater impact; the diet or the routine?

For some reason, every since I've seen The Hunger Games, it's been stuck in my mind. I have a few movies that are my favs, but nothing that really "sticks with me" because of an earth-shattering storyline. Here's some of my all-time favs

Horrible Bosses (absolutely hilarious!!)
Dirty Dancing - The sequential Chick Flick
The Abyss
Independence Day

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest