MK - Skip-able Rides?

You will get a lot of different opinions here, but I would not skip Monster's Inc or Mickey's PhilharMagic. You will not need a fast pass for either of these and I feel they are both great fun.

Just my personal opinions, but...

Tomorrowland Speedway -- Little Kids love it for some reason, but you'll find better (faster and not confined to a fixed path) Go Karts at your local fun park.
Stitch's Great Escape -- Terrible. Plus, I thought they closed it for good.
Riverboat -- Haven't done this in 20-30 years. Just not that interested.
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin -- Not interested.
Monter's, Inc. Laugh Floor -- Some folks like it. I didn't
Tom Sawyer Island -- Haven't visited in 20-30 years. Would like to go back sometime, but no rush.
Swiss Family Treehouse -- I would love to do this, but took one look and realized I'm too out of shape.
The Barnstormer -- Never ridden it. Want to give it a try sometime.
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh -- Cute little ride, but easily skippable.
The Hall of Presidents -- Want to get back, but I haven't been on that side of MK in several trips.
Mickey's PhilharMagic -- Fun show with little to no wait. A great time filler between FastPasses.
Astro Orbiter -- Never tried it. Not sure I would want to be that high up in one of those little vehicles (looks much worse than Dumbo).
Dumbo the Flying Elephant (classic but we've been on before.) -- Love Dumbo.
Mad Tea Party (classic but we've been on before.) -- Not happening.

The treehouse is really cool and takes 5 minutes. I would just do it as i walk by it - especially with a 5 year old - they usually like treehouses :).

The Hall of Presidents video was redone during the last refurb and I really like it. If anyone in your group likes history I would watch it. You won't have to wait for it and it is only about 20 minutes.

I agree with the others who've said they wouldn't skip Mickey's PhilharMagic. Otherwise, I think your list looks good!

We have a saying in our house when we were set on seeing something and it doesn't work out. That is "well we have to leave something to come back for"... makes it a bit better.

Mickey's Phillharmagic is a MUST DO for us in every single trip! it's one of our favorites and you never wait much in line! ❤️

If the line is long, skip the Speedway... HOWEVER, when my child was close to age 5, it was her FAVORITE RIDE - she wanted to ride that thing OVER and OVER and OVER...

...but be warned, the Speedway queue in Summer is hot, smelly, and (seems) painfully slow to move...

I can understand skipping some of these, but I wouldn't go in with an immediate idea to skip them. I love the Riverboat, especially since there are no worries about the lines. That's a must do when it's open for me.

Mickey's Philharmagic is the only one on your skip list that is always on our to do list. It's an easy one to do, as it's show based with a large theatre, so short line, nice air conditioned break, and it has a lot of that great Disney music. If we have time and lines are short, we sometimes do Dumbo too even though we are an all adult group. I don't think skipping anything is any big deal though. For us it's more about the vibe of the Magic Kingdome and it's just fun to be there.

Also, while a perfectly fine ride, we are always surprised at the lines for Peter Pan and don't want to waste a fastpass on it. We tend to skip that one unless the line is short and we have extra time to kill.

Tiki birds is pretty lame and a skip for my son. On my next trip where I will be doing a behind the scenes tour with my mom and then meeting up with my son and his cousin, my mom and I will do it as we love it for sentimental reasons -- brings back great old memories of doing it with my grandmother. My mom likes Hall of Presidents too, so I will do it with her also before meeting up with the 20 somethings.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone!

I am working on my touring plans for Magic Kingdom and would love the input of some more experience Disney-goers. I only have one day at the Magic Kingdom and though, I would love to get to everything in the park, I am aware that with just one day, I will have to skip a lot of things.

My party consists of all adults and one five year old so I am hoping height won't be an issue for most rides.

We are planning on heading to Peter Pan's Flight after rope drop and I'll also include my current FP+ selections below in case that helps.

Seven Dwarf's Mine Train 11:30AM
The Haunted Mansion 12:00PM
Splash Mountain 1:30PM

Anything I should consider prioritizing once these FP+ are done?

As of right now these are on my potential skip list in order of least-most interest.

Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Riverboat
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Monter's, Inc. Laugh Floor
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Barnstormer
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Hall of Presidents
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Astro Orbiter
Dumbo the Flying Elephant (classic but we've been on before.)
Mad Tea Party (classic but we've been on before.)

Any of these that I should consider not skipping? Anything I should do differently?

All your feedback is appreciated tremendously, thank you!

I love Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. It's really cute. Stitch's Great Escape...not a fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter