MK - Skip-able Rides?

Yujailec

Mouseketeer
Hello, everyone!

I am working on my touring plans for Magic Kingdom and would love the input of some more experience Disney-goers. I only have one day at the Magic Kingdom and though, I would love to get to everything in the park, I am aware that with just one day, I will have to skip a lot of things.

My party consists of all adults and one five year old so I am hoping height won't be an issue for most rides.

We are planning on heading to Peter Pan's Flight after rope drop and I'll also include my current FP+ selections below in case that helps.

Seven Dwarf's Mine Train 11:30AM
The Haunted Mansion 12:00PM
Splash Mountain 1:30PM

Anything I should consider prioritizing once these FP+ are done?

As of right now these are on my potential skip list in order of least-most interest.

Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Riverboat
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Monter's, Inc. Laugh Floor
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Barnstormer
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Hall of Presidents
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Astro Orbiter
Dumbo the Flying Elephant (classic but we've been on before.)
Mad Tea Party (classic but we've been on before.)

Any of these that I should consider not skipping? Anything I should do differently?

All your feedback is appreciated tremendously, thank you!

Last edited:
You should be able to do most if not all of the rides you have listed. I lot of them have shorter lines. The only one I would add is Jungle Cruise but I am seen the line for it get pretty long, perhaps as a 4th fast pass?

That seems like a reasonable list of skippables to me. Everyone has their favorites (I personally like PhilharMagic and recommend it if you have time), but nothing there that’s earth-shattering if you miss it. Stitch is permanently closed anyway, by the way.

I've only been to MK once and it was during the holidays, we didn't have a plan and all the lines were so long we barely got through half the park (we just did Tomorrowland and Fantasyland).

You could say it would be our first time properly doing MK.

@StacyStrong @mesaboy2 Would you suggest skipping the Hall of Presidents and do Philharmagic instead?

You clearly did your research! I personally would do The Monster's Inc Laugh Floor as it is a must do for my family. Certainly the jokes have gotten a little old, but it's definitely worth seeing once. I would switch the HM FP+ for a Buzz Lightyear one if you can. I am not a huge Buzz Lightyear ride fan, but I know the wait for it is always insane. The HM ride would have less of a wait I would imagine.

I think all of your list is skippable, except I wouldn't skip Philharmagic or Pooh.
I would add Carosel of Progress to the skippable list, it takes a decent amount of time, and unless you are really a fan of the classics, it is pretty boring for the average guest. (Yes, I know some people love it, but that's my personal opinion).

I definitely prefer Big Thunder Mountain over Seven Dwarfs but I'm sure for others, they would disagree. My whole family was kind of underwhelmed by the ride after we finally got a fast pass for it. Its fun, but BTM is better.
For first timers, I wouldn't skip Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, its fun. I would try to get Space Mountain and replace that with the Haunted Mansion. Maybe keep SDMT but replace Splash Mountain with BTM. Just my opinions.
The five year old will love Barnstormer.
I would skip Dumbo, Alladin, Swiss Family Tree House, (but my kids are 10 and 13, I am sure the 5 year old would love those)Hall of Presidents and Splash Mountain.

As of right now these are on my potential skip list in order of least-most interest.

Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Riverboat
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Barnstormer
The Hall of Presidents
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Astro Orbiter

It's highly subjective, and you'll get a variety of answers.

We enjoy Tomorrowland Speedway...as long as it's not in the middle of a summer afternoon
Stitch is closed anyway, but if it opens for the summer, we'll go on it many times. We love Stitch and I highly recommend it.
Laugh Floor is fun, we enjoy it.
Philharmagic is also worth the time

Tom Sawyer, Treehouse, Hall of Presidents are definitely skipped by us, never do them.

I've only been to MK once and it was during the holidays, we didn't have a plan and all the lines were so long we barely got through half the park (we just did Tomorrowland and Fantasyland).

@StacyStrong @mesaboy2 Would you suggest skipping the Hall of Presidents and do Philharmagic instead?

I would, but it boils down to personal preference.

I didn't see you mention date of travels, but FWIW the Liberty Belle riverboat is out of service until at least the end of June..... the "unofficial" word is that they hope to have it up and running by July 4th............P

I would definitely not skip the Barnstormer or Mickey’s Philharmagic with an5 year old.

After much feedback, I've decided to swap out Hall of Presidents for Mickey’s Philharmagic. I am still hoping to be able to squeeze in the Barnstormer and Dumbo/Astro Orbiter at night time.

While that is the usual suspects of "skippable" attractions, many of them usually have short wait times and you may find you can do them anyway. When it comes to grabbing extra FastPasses, these are the attractions that will have them. If you can get a later in the day FP for Pooh, why not? I'd consider them "low priority" but not "skippable."

Last edited:
I would do what you want and learn for yourself if it's skippable. I like to try things for myself, even once, and decide for myself.

Personally the Laugh Floor is a must do for us. So is Philharmagic.

Yes lol.

I mean, I enjoy history butttttttt ya no. Unless you have huge history buffs in your group.

They are drastically different attractions though.

It's highly subjective, and you'll get a variety of answers.

We enjoy Tomorrowland Speedway...as long as it's not in the middle of a summer afternoon
Stitch is closed anyway, but if it opens for the summer, we'll go on it many times. We love Stitch and I highly recommend it.
Laugh Floor is fun, we enjoy it.
Philharmagic is also worth the time

Tom Sawyer, Treehouse, Hall of Presidents are definitely skipped by us, never do them.

Your family sounds like ours on everything you said. We are big Stitch fans even though the ride is meh, we always went on it regardless. But thankfully only once.

Hello, everyone!

I am working on my touring plans for Magic Kingdom and would love the input of some more experience Disney-goers. I only have one day at the Magic Kingdom and though, I would love to get to everything in the park, I am aware that with just one day, I will have to skip a lot of things.

My party consists of all adults and one five year old so I am hoping height won't be an issue for most rides.

We are planning on heading to Peter Pan's Flight after rope drop and I'll also include my current FP+ selections below in case that helps.

Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Riverboat
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Barnstormer
The Hall of Presidents
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Astro Orbiter

Any of these that I should consider not skipping? Anything I should do differently?

If I was a 5 year old, I would be interested in:

Speadway
Monsters Inc
Philharmagic

And maybe:
Barnstormer
Dumbo or Aladdin
Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party
Sawyer's Island

We skipped Tom Sawyer's Island for years, but once we we went my kid LOVED it. It is a great place to take a break or blow off some steam after standing in line all day and being in crowds. My kids ran around and played over there for more than an hour when they "couldn't walk another step" a few minutes before.

Definitely skips on our list are:
Swiss Family Robinson
Jungle Cruise
Tikki Birds
Teacups
Orbiter
the bears
Aladdin
Speadway (my kids aren't 5 anymore)

Hello, everyone!

Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Riverboat
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Barnstormer
The Hall of Presidents
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Astro Orbiter

For our opinion - we really enjoy Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - sometimes we go in and out and in again - our kids like it that much. We also like Winnie the Pooh and have to do Dumbo every time. Mickey's PhilHarMagic is a lot of fun and you won't have to wait that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter