MK - Skip-able Rides?

You don't have to skip anything if you don't want to. We do all of MK in a day. It is doable with a solid plan. Or maybe only skip a couple things?? I wouldn't skip Pooh, Philharmagic, Teacups, Alladin, Barnstormer or Speedway with a 5 year old. Maybe skip Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, Bear Jamboree and Tiki Room.

We never purposely skip anything but Tiki birds, HOP, and the Treehouse. However, for a one day trip, I can see where that might be necessary. I honestly would never skip Monster Inc. It is a great attraction and we usually do that one 4 or 5 times in a trip. We also never skip Philharmagic. The first time we saw Philharmagic after, I think 2 trips, my 13 year old son had to watch it 3 times and this past spring insisted his daughter who is three had to see it, and she loves it too. Your five year old would probably love the speedway and if you can get there at rope drop, it usually does not have much of a wait in the first hour and a half. Winnie the Pooh is great if you can get in early or get it as a follow-up FP, but the line builds early and stays crazy so I would not waste 35 or more minutes in line for it.

A huge thank you to everyone who to the time to respond! You all have been so helpful and I truly appreciate your feedback!

I've decided not to skip Monster's, Inc. Laugh Floor, Mickey's PhilharMagic and Dumbo for the sake of my little one and Disney classics.

I'm definitely going to try to squeeze in some of these as long as time allows it and FP+ are available.

Looks like I'll be leaving out -
Tomorrowland Speedway
Riverboat
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Hall of Presidents
The Barnstormer
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party (classic but we've been on before.)
Astro Orbiter
The Carousel of Progress

Its all very personal so we can only give what WE would do not what you should do.

Personally I would not get a FP+ for Haunted Mansion.
I'd go on Peter pan, then It's a Small World, and then go to Haunted Mansion because its not that far out of the way and then ghead back into Fantasyland but I mean that is what I do every time so its just my style.
I'd replace HM with BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, or POTC...

The other 2 FP+'s are good!

Beyond the first 3 FP+ I'd check for Space Mountain if that's something you want to go on and your child is tall enough.

As far as your skip list I'd say its MOSTLY good.
No worries about Stitch's Great Escape as its closed permanently.
The one thing on that list that I absolutely definitely would not skip would be Mickey's Philharmagic!!!!!
It is amazing!!!! I watch it at least twice every day I'm at MK.
I have skipped Winnie the Pooh but it is cute and I do like it so I try not to skip it.

Something that is not on your skip list and I'm glad that its not is Carousel Of Progress.
Its literally my favorite attraction in all of Disney World. Its probably on other people's skip list but I encourage you to give it a try.

A huge thank you to everyone who to the time to respond! You all have been so helpful and I truly appreciate your feedback!

I've decided not to skip Monster's, Inc. Laugh Floor, Mickey's PhilharMagic and Dumbo for the sake of my little one and Disney classics.

I'm definitely going to try to squeeze in some of these as long as time allows it and FP+ are available.

Tomorrowland Speedway
Riverboat
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Hall of Presidents
The Barnstormer
Astro Orbiter
The Carousel of Progress

Don't skip COP! :)

Definitely skip COP!

I agree with swapping out the HM FP for something else, maybe Big Thunder. On my trips I have seen lots of availability for HM, Pirates, and Pooh as 4th, 5th, and 6th FP. (How did you get an 11:30 and 12:00 FP? Or is that a typo? I didn't think you could get them that close together.

Hello, everyone!

I am working on my touring plans for Magic Kingdom and would love the input of some more experience Disney-goers. I only have one day at the Magic Kingdom and though, I would love to get to everything in the park, I am aware that with just one day, I will have to skip a lot of things.

My party consists of all adults and one five year old so I am hoping height won't be an issue for most rides.

We are planning on heading to Peter Pan's Flight after rope drop and I'll also include my current FP+ selections below in case that helps.

Seven Dwarf's Mine Train 11:30AM
The Haunted Mansion 12:00PM
Splash Mountain 1:30PM

Anything I should consider prioritizing once these FP+ are done?

As of right now these are on my potential skip list in order of least-most interest.

Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Riverboat
Monter's, Inc. Laugh Floor
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Barnstormer
The Hall of Presidents
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Astro Orbiter
Dumbo the Flying Elephant (classic but we've been on before.)

Any of these that I should consider not skipping? Anything I should do differently?

All your feedback is appreciated tremendously, thank you!
I didn't think Stitch was even opened anymore

I wouldnt. It's literally my favorite attraction in WDW!
I do it multiple times per day. I've loved it since I was a toddler.
Ha!

Well I wouldn't personally, but I might tell someone who has never done it to skip it.

I can see it being... An acquired taste.

They'll just never know that there's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!!!!

Me too! I really love COP but I would never recommend it to others.
If you don't then how are they to know if they like it?
Do you want the attraction to close?
Guess what in 2003 it was closed during my trip and the CM said it went seasonal and was slated to close soon if Disney didn't hear from people that wanted it to remain operational 365.
We walked right to customer service and informed them we were unhappy.
They had us fill out a form that they were giving to anyone that wanted to see it stay open.
We also wrote a letter.
And look at that its still open so enough people didn't want to see it close.
In the last few trips I've been so happy to see quite the full theater most of the time.

If you don't then how are they to know if they like it?

It’s one of those attractions where people would probably say, “You recommended that?”

To me, COP is the type of attraction you stumble upon on your own. And then you either discover you love it, or you don’t. If somebody had of recommended it to me, I’d be once and done, especially if it was my first trip.

Do you want the attraction to close?
Guess what in 2003 it was closed during my trip and the CM said it went seasonal and was slated to close soon if Disney didn't hear from people that wanted it to remain operational 365.
We walked right to customer service and informed them we were unhappy.
They had us fill out a form that they were giving to anyone that wanted to see it stay open.
We also wrote a letter.
And look at that its still open so enough people didn't want to see it close.
In the last few trips I've been so happy to see quite the full theater most of the time.

I would never recommend an attraction just because I didn’t want it to close. I recommend attractions that I think people will like.

Tomorrowland Speedway
Riverboat
Tom Sawyer Island
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Hall of Presidents
The Barnstormer
Astro Orbiter
The Carousel of Progress

I personally think you should try to get the five year old on tomorrow land speedway. Some of my kids funniest memories that we laugh about all the time is from that ride and letting them drive the cars at 3,4 and 5 years old. Also, Barnstormer is awesome for a 5 year old. The line will be short at the end of the night. Young kids love it.

I would try to include Philharmagic and Pooh if at all possible. Somehow I couldn' imagine a trip without Philharmagic. It gives me that classic Disney feeling.

Your list of “skiappables” is definitely valid. However, I think the Mad Tea Party and Astro Orbiter rides are absolute musts! (Astro Orbiter mainly because of the awesome view of the castle.)

My kindergartner at the time MADE us go to Hall of Presidents. We wanted to skip, but he was studying the Presidents in school at the time.

Just got back earlier this month from WDW with our four grandchildren (ages 1,4, 5 and 5). Do you have an idea of what your son likes? Our 5 year old girls were totally opposite from each other - one loved Space, Splash, BTMR and 7 Dwarfs...the other thought Frozen at Epcot was a bit "wild" so didn't want to try any type of coaster at MK.

I wouldn't use a FP for Hall of Presidents. I love the presentation but it runs every 20 minutes on a rolling admission and there really is no bad seat. I found FP at shows (at Hollywood Studios) just caused us to hurry up, get there and then wait and wait for entrance when we could have just walked in 5 minutes before the show started and gotten seats that were fine. No more "show" FP for us:)

Our 4 year-old and 5 years old who loved coasters both thought Barnstormer was too jerky...much preferred 7 Dwarfs. All three bigger kids loved Tomorrowland Speedway. They liked Tom Sawyer Island but had a really long wait for the boat there so it was only doable because we had multiple MK days. I think it's wise to skip if you only have one.

We unexpectedly did CoP when we had a bit of a rainy morning. It gave us an indoor escape and surprisingly held the kids' attention.

Do you know if Early Morning Magic is offered on your MK day? This is not Extra Magic Hours. It is a paid event that gives you unlimited rides from 7:45-9:00 on 7DMT, Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh and includes breakfast at Pinocchio Haus in MK. It was awesome for us and allowed us to save our FP for rides other than those three. At 9:00 we were in position to scoot over to Tomorrowland for Buzz or Space and then got back to FL for breakfast before it ended at 10:00. If you can splurge, it would make great use of park time when you only have one day to visit. Lots more info on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...aqs-see-post-2-for-date-info-history.3651152/

Just got back earlier this month from WDW with our four grandchildren (ages 1,4, 5 and 5). Do you have an idea of what your son likes? Our 5 year old girls were totally opposite from each other - one loved Space, Splash, BTMR and 7 Dwarfs...the other thought Frozen at Epcot was a bit "wild" so didn't want to try any type of coaster at MK.

I wouldn't use a FP for Hall of Presidents. I love the presentation but it runs every 20 minutes on a rolling admission and there really is no bad seat. I found FP at shows (at Hollywood Studios) just caused us to hurry up, get there and then wait and wait for entrance when we could have just walked in 5 minutes before the show started and gotten seats that were fine. No more "show" FP for us:)

Our 4 year-old and 5 years old who loved coasters both thought Barnstormer was too jerky...much preferred 7 Dwarfs. All three bigger kids loved Tomorrowland Speedway. They liked Tom Sawyer Island but had a really long wait for the boat there so it was only doable because we had multiple MK days. I think it's wise to skip if you only have one.

We unexpectedly did CoP when we had a bit of a rainy morning. It gave us an indoor escape and surprisingly held the kids' attention.

FP isn’t an option for HOP.

Skip list does look good...but like others have said, especially with a 5 yo, I would still do Philharmagic and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. We do this multiple times as well and always have a good time. Also, I would do Tomorrowland Speedway one last time for nostalgia as it will be permanently closing at some point this year to help make way for Tron coaster. I am all about making sure we see/ride attractions one last time before they close so we have that memory and I know my kid didn't miss out on any Magic :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter