Maybe lost/buried in the new ticket price threads, parking and Magic Band increase

Dan Murphy

We are family.
Parking increases...

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/parking-fees/news/16oct2018-parking-fees-increase-effective-today.htm

AP holders and resort guests still get free theme park parking.

• Preferred parking: car or motorcycle – Now $50 per day, up from $45
  • Standard parking: car or motorcycle – Now $25 per day, up from $22 14% increase
  • Oversized Vehicle Parking: Shuttle, Limo, Camper Trailer, RV, Bus or Tractor Trailer - Now $30 per day, up from $27
http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/magicband-prices-increase/

AP and resort guests still get free Magic Bands

MagicBand prices increased by $2 today. They are now the following:

– Solid color -$14.99 (up from $12.99) 15% increase
– Open Edition – $24.99 (up from $22.99)
– Limited Release – $29.99 (up from $27.99)

I thought you had to pay for parking at the resorts

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
These are the prices for resort guests. The prices include parking at all 4 theme-parks. So the $25/day would apply to offsite guests.

Jesus, is disney hurting for cash? They pretty much increased the price of EVERYTHING.

These are the prices for resort guests. The prices include parking at all 4 theme-parks. So the $25/day would apply to offsite guests.

Jesus, is disney hurting for cash? They pretty much increased the price of EVERYTHING.

I believe it's related to the minimum wage increase along with needing money for all of the recent construction while maintaining their profit margin

As DVC and AP holders we are avoiding the parking charge. Have been sharing at F&W booths, using our Disney visa reward $. Cancelled all our table service besides 1 Sanaa lunch. Also did an Amazon prime now delivery for food and beer. Had to buy a hat for DH with 20% AP discount since he forgot his at home.

They won’t improve their bottom level line on us this year. Sorry, Disney

Last edited:
21st Century Fox acquisition is the main cause IMO. Parks are almost always asked to take the blow for the company because they're such a steady source of income. When the parks lose attendance, it's usually just by tenths of a percentage. The minimum wage increase is a dollar/two a year until it hits $15 in 2021. First raise is this December with $11. Definitely a considerable factor, but I don't think it's the only.

Seems like they are trying to price people out of coming to control crowds more. I'm ALL for it.

I thought the elimination of The Adventurer's Club, Comedy Warehouse, WS Players, Off Kilter, many Street Mosphere Players in DHS etc, etc, etc covered all that.

Bill From PA
I think Disney says those were just a start, Bill

Dodged three bullets today, date based ticket prices, parking fee increase and MB price increase. It's good to be me and no, I'm not adopting you Dan.
Darn, I was hoping, FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter