Maybe lost/buried in the new ticket price threads, parking and Magic Band increase

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
These are the prices for resort guests. The prices include parking at all 4 theme-parks. So the $25/day would apply to offsite guests.

Jesus, is disney hurting for cash? They pretty much increased the price of EVERYTHING.
Maybe instead of worrying about trips, we all should go out and spend the money on Disney shares instead. The returns are not going to suffer with the increases everywhere.

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
These are the prices for resort guests. The prices include parking at all 4 theme-parks. So the $25/day would apply to offsite guests.

Jesus, is disney hurting for cash? They pretty much increased the price of EVERYTHING.

I’m surprised they didn’t raise resort parking fees while they were at it.

It's only Tuesday .... there is still plenty of time.

giphy.gif

Fewer people = less stuff and less food and drink purchased. No I don’t think that’s Disney’s evil plan
If it is the plan it's a bad one. It's not going to result in more money
I do think they hope to spread a few folks around. Now, this may well be like Penney's failed price change fiasco and bite them in the butt and lose more guests than they think. At least staying on site. With the loss of length of stay tickets for room only guests there is no reason to book with them over a partner resort that gets the 60 day fp

Stock is up
Maybe instead of worrying about trips, we all should go out and spend the money on Disney shares instead. The returns are not going to suffer with the increases everywhere.

Shares are up and glad I bought years ago. I don’t normally apologize for Disney...They just donated a million dollars for hurricane relief which is a huge help for our Panhandle. So I really don’t feel greed is the issue. The CMs deserve the raise especially when they have to put up with all the demands guests put on them. The jump in prices, hopefully, will improve guest experience in the future.

Good luck to you in the panhandle. We stay there frequently. Stayed on the west side of Panama City beach twice in the last 12 months. Hope our favorite area is ok.

Last edited:
Hope guest experience improves too. We had multiple issues with our DVC room we are in now but they addressed it in minutes after we reported it day 1. God I love this view on the top floor of the boardwalk.

The CMs deserve the raise especially when they have to put up with all the demands guests put on them.
It's not as bad as what people perceive it to be. Between the training and the experience gained by actually doing the job, CMs deal with it without affecting them. IE, it's part of the job.
The jump in prices, hopefully, will improve guest experience in the future.
I always delivered the best guest experience I could. Not once did I ever ask myself, if I was making one or two dollars more I would do a better job. I know I wasn't alone in that thinking.

As DVC and AP holders we are avoiding the parking charge. Have been sharing at F&W booths, using our Disney visa reward $. Cancelled all our table service besides 1 Sanaa lunch.
They won’t improve their bottom level line on us this year. Sorry, Disney

That has been our strategy for the last 8-10 years. We still go just as often, but our souvenir buying is now almost $0. Table service - maybe once every 3-4 trips. Offsite dining - we have found some spots that are on our must do list. Similar to you, we are still actively enjoying our trips, and all the increases mean to us is that we still spend about the same or even less, we still have tons of fun, we just plan in a different way.

That has been our strategy for the last 8-10 years. We still go just as often, but our souvenir buying is now almost $0. Table service - maybe once every 3-4 trips. Offsite dining - we have found some spots that are on our must do list. Similar to you, we are still actively enjoying our trips, and all the increases mean to us is that we still spend about the same or even less, we still have tons of fun, we just plan in a different way.

That would be a great thread, if it does not exist already. A thread on the best places to eat outside, but close to disney

I understand how you're thinking, but that model doesn't really work at Disney. They want as many people in the park as they can get all while charging the highest possible prices they can extract.

I totally agree. The more guests in the park, the longer the lines. Many guests will just go shop in Disney park stores instead. Except people like me who go back and hang around on my balcony for hours in am and pm and drink what I purchased at offsite grocery store or from amazon prime now, coffee and adult beverages.

I understand how you're thinking, but that model doesn't really work at Disney. They want as many people in the park as they can get all while charging the highest possible prices they can extract.

Crowded parks mean ...
... guests can't get done all they want to get done so buy more day tickets therefore trapping them at Disney.
... guests can't get done all they want to get done and don't have days/time for Universal etc keeping all the money at Disney.
... lines are long and time is precious so guests don't leave to eat off site or in room ... they pay the prices even if unreasonable.
... parks are crowded, guests want that break time so they book TS filling those chairs.
... parks are crowded and by natural process you get pushed into shops and likely will spend money.
... when parks are crowded they can convince many the only way to gain advantage is book Disney hotel.
... when parks are crowded they can use that as excuse for less street atmosphere, eliminating parades, selling upcharges.

When parks are not crowded folks need smaller tickets, are getting enough done to leave to lay at pool (non-cash generating) or drive offsite ... don't feel compelled to eat in park, don't feel the pressure to pay for advantages such as Dessert Parties ~ EMM ~ DAH ~ Character Meals etc, add days at other brand parks or attractions, drive offsite to explore shopping options and are more comfortable with off property stays. Crowds and demand mean more money for Disney.

Crowds are key to sell everything else besides tickets.

Last edited:
Crowded parks mean ...
... guests can't get done all they want to get done so buy more day tickets therefore trapping them at Disney.
... guests can't get done all they want to get done and don't have days/time for Universal etc keeping all the money at Disney.
... lines are long and time is precious so guests don't leave to eat off site or in room ... they pay the prices even if unreasonable.
... parks are crowded, guests want that break time so they book TS filling those chairs.
... parks are crowded and by natural process you get pushed into shops and likely will spend money.
... when parks are crowded they can convince many the only way to gain advantage is book Disney hotel.
... when parks are crowded they can use that as excuse for less street atmosphere, eliminating parades, selling upcharges.

When parks are not crowded folks need smaller tickets, are getting enough done to leave to lay at pool (non-cash generating) or drive offsite ... don't feel compelled to eat in park, don't feel the pressure to pay for advantages such as Dessert Parties ~ EMM ~ DAH ~ Character Meals etc, add days at other brand parks or attractions, drive offsite to explore shopping options and are more comfortable with off property stays. Crowds and demand mean more money for Disney. Crowds are key to sell everything else besides tickets.

Well put. Disney’s strategy to a T in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter