May 2012 Car Rentals

Just booked a standard at Alamo for $107 with taxes for May 1-8, used the $35 off and insiders. I thought I read that Alamo does not have a standard aisle, so what do you get for a standard?

fullsize

k&a&c'smom - that sound vaguely familiar:thumbsup2I now do recall the hike to counter lol

laughing when I checked alamo rates and found I could rent a 15 passenger van for less than a compact for my dates

Ok I have an insider ID and the aadvantage #. Will I get email offer from AA for a coupon? Thanks

Renting Mini Van from Alamo next Friday. Keep checking rates to see if I can improve. Yep they went down.

How about a saving of .14 cents. Really!!!!!!:lmao:

Alamo why bother, it cost you more to update your rates online.

Renting Mini Van from Alamo next Friday. Keep checking rates to see if I can improve. Yep they went down.

How about a saving of .14 cents. Really!!!!!!:lmao:

Alamo why bother, it cost you more to update your rates online.

KEEP CHECKING!!! I just checked at the last minute. Literally, we pick the car up at 11:00 tomorrow so I had an hour to cancel without penalty and my reservation had gone down another 50 dollars:banana::banana::banana:

So, 10 days Minivan.. 185.00 bucks:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Got my rate down to $100.11 with Alamo standard size for May 8th through the 16th. Great rate but would love to see National's rates go down. Still way too high.

Got my rate down to $100.11 with Alamo standard size for May 8th through the 16th. Great rate but would love to see National's rates go down. Still way too high.

Try contract id 5004076 for National. It is coming up with better rates for my dates in early May. Still not as good as Alamo but way better than any other code I've tried for National. Apparently, the contract ID is for Alaska Airline but I can't find any reference to the code anywhere on their website so YMMV. I got the code from Mousesavers.

Try contract id 5004076 for National. It is coming up with better rates for my dates in early May. Still not as good as Alamo but way better than any other code I've tried for National. Apparently, the contract ID is for Alaska Airline but I can't find any reference to the code anywhere on their website so YMMV. I got the code from Mousesavers.

Thanks! Just brought my rate down with National using the AA code (and I did sign up for the mileage club). Still about $57 higher than Alamo so I'm hoping that National will continue to drop. They are still my preferred rental company.

Thanks! Just brought my rate down with National using the AA code (and I did sign up for the mileage club). Still about $57 higher than Alamo so I'm hoping that National will continue to drop. They are still my preferred rental company.

Just a FYI, Alamo and National are sister companies, owned by Enterprise. They share cars, so unless you are an EC member looking to get credits towards free days, there is really no difference.

Just a FYI, Alamo and National are sister companies, owned by Enterprise. They share cars, so unless you are an EC member looking to get credits towards free days, there is really no difference.

Yep, I know. We're executive aisle members so like to rent from National to earn the free days AND to keep our status.:drive:

To me the difference is in the convenience. No, it's not a big deal to stop at the Alamo kiosk before heading to the garage, but it's even easier to use the Emerald Clulb and head to straight to the garage and get a car.

To me the difference is in the convenience. No, it's not a big deal to stop at the Alamo kiosk before heading to the garage, but it's even easier to use the Emerald Clulb and head to straight to the garage and get a car.

So very true. And I don't mind paying up to $20 for that convenience. But when it's over a$50 difference, I'll go with Alamo. I have a good 10 days before our trip so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that National rates will drop.

So very true. And I don't mind paying up to $20 for that convenience. But when it's over a$50 difference, I'll go with Alamo. I have a good 10 days before our trip so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that National rates will drop.

Same here. Right now I have a full size reserved with Alamo that it about $30 less than Emerald Aisle (intermediate) would cost with National. I'm sticking with the Alamo reservation for now, but hoping National rates drop further in the next week...though it's going to be tough to beat the rate I have (Approx. $67 total for 5 days)!

keishashadow - I've looked up Dollar Express, and everyone says you simply go out to the garage and check in with the attendant at the "hut". lol

They will give you your rental agreement and you can choose your car. It seems there used to be an Express line inside the terminal, but they did away with it in early 2010.

HTH! You may end up with a good National/Alamo res., the way things are going today!:goodvibes I still haven't found anything cheaper than what I snagged a couple weeks ago at Alamo, but National is within $20 now - first time I've come that close with National in a very long time.

National contract id's 5007125 (emerald club members) and 5007160 (continental airlines one pass ff) are showing good rates or early May. I now have a midsize for 9 days for $133 with the continental code.

Just booked a standard for $83 with Alamo, more than the midsize $76 I also have but I'm going to check with DH on what he prefers before I cancel it. We may have to load luggage in from about 8-2 on our checkout day, so having extra trunk space would provide security and piece of mind (and for a cost of $7 that seems like a massive bargain).

Woohoo! Went from 5/9-5/13 Compact for $136 to 5/9-5/19 standard for $139 thru Costo on Alamo! Thanks everyone, I was just going to leave it alone after spending several frustrating hours with codes over the last few months. (patience is not my strong suit :)! ) :cool1:

Ok I have an insider ID and the aadvantage #. Will I get email offer from AA for a coupon? Thanks

No one answered my call for tips but I figured it out with all of my dis skills and budget minded.:goodvibes. This am my rate was $189 9 days full size. Now it's $127 BAM:laughing::woohoo:

No one answered my call for tips but I figured it out with all of my dis skills and budget minded.:goodvibes. This am my rate was $189 9 days full size. Now it's $127 BAM:laughing::woohoo:

Sorry! If I had noticed you didn't get an answer, I would have posted.:blush: Way to go with the discount! I assumed you entered the AA code of AD2359FDF, right? (just checking :) ) I have been combining it with the AA corp ID of 7014136, or my Insider's ID.:thumbsup2

Hi, Does Alamo at MCO have a standard aisle?? Or will I pick from the full size aisle?? Thanks, Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter