May 2012 Car Rentals

I keep on checking twice daily for the mini vans to go down lower than $190. for the weekend of May 5TH. Thought they would go down at the 2 week mark. Anyone know if they go down as you get to the 1 week mark??:confused3

I keep on checking twice daily for the mini vans to go down lower than $190. for the weekend of May 5TH. Thought they would go down at the 2 week mark. Anyone know if they go down as you get to the 1 week mark??:confused3

I have a mini van for one week starting May 5th for $195. Is that what you're saying or just the weekend? I'll be very surprised if it goes lower than that. The last few years I've found that getting a mini van for under $200 a week is usually the best I've seen. But we can hope . . .;)

So excited!:dance3:

Just booked Standard through Alamo - dates 5/26-6/3.
Insiders# + AD2359FDF
$117.01 :eek:

Our current rental was with National (our favorite) for $247.73.

For that price difference we are will to share our love with Alamo. ;)

I have a mini van for one week starting May 5th for $195. Is that what you're saying or just the weekend? I'll be very surprised if it goes lower than that. The last few years I've found that getting a mini van for under $200 a week is usually the best I've seen. But we can hope . . .;)

You get for a week for $195 and I can get Friday - Sat - Sun returning Monday for $190.
Just the weekend. Crazy huh????

OMG....I just booked a midsize with Alamo for 98.00 from May 2-May 9! Woohoo can't wait for next week. Also staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2B 2B. sooo excited!

Thanks, once again. Got my end of May rental at Alamo - midsize - down to $70.78 for 5 days.

You get for a week for $195 and I can get Friday - Sat - Sun returning Monday for $190.
Just the weekend. Crazy huh????

poochie who are you renting from? Both Alamo and National have low prices on mini vans for those dates. I tried your days on Alamo and used example of Friday 8 AM till Sunday 8 PM and got a rate of $117! I did use my Alamo insiders # but you can join that for free - without it the rate was 159. And check Mousesavers.com for rental codes - there are often coupon discounts for weekend rentals. Good luck!!
EDIT: Ooops just noticed you said returning Monday - I added Monday until 8 PM and the rate goes to 156.00 with an insiders #. Still better than 190!!

Just booked a standard at Alamo for $107 with taxes for May 1-8, used the $35 off and insiders. I thought I read that Alamo does not have a standard aisle, so what do you get for a standard?

poochie who are you renting from? Both Alamo and National have low prices on mini vans for those dates. I tried your days on Alamo and used example of Friday 8 AM till Sunday 8 PM and got a rate of $117! I did use my Alamo insiders # but you can join that for free - without it the rate was 159. And check Mousesavers.com for rental codes - there are often coupon discounts for weekend rentals. Good luck!!
EDIT: Ooops just noticed you said returning Monday - I added Monday until 8 PM and the rate goes to 156.00 with an insiders #. Still better than 190!!

Sorry, the $190 was the rate before the insiders number. That is the rate I got also. So sad that the discounts we get are eaten up by the taxes and surchages Afterward it totals $199.16.

Just booked a standard car with Alamo for $101 (taxes included).:banana:
My dates are 5/12 - 18. I used the Costco code and the AA $35 off coupon (I'm a member of both). Now I'm happy. My quest for a good price started at $350!!

Thank you for that!!! I had a mid-size for one day at the CCC for $40 - now I have a mid-size for 7 days, picking up at MCO and returning to the CCC (taking ME back to airport) for only $80 all in!!!!! For the AA coupon - I'm guessing that is American Airlines, and I should probably join just in case??

Yes, that code is for the American Airlines AAdvantage program, and I would join just in case - it's free.:thumbsup2

Have my AA membership number, my Alamo confirmation number, all set to pick up my cheap rental in a little over 3 weeks :cool1:

Sweet!:goodvibes

keishashadow - I wish I could help regarding the Dollar procedure at MCO, but we've only done it once.:blush: We are Express members (my account is like yours, it now says in the booking engine I need to call and update), and we went out to the garage hut, they gave us our keys and paperwork, pointed us to our car. I remember going a long way down the first floor hallway to the Dollar counter area, so maybe we used a kiosk there before going outside? My memory is fuzzy! lol

It was pretty painless, though, there was no line in the garage.

I finally got a rental car at a decent rate!!!

I got a Standard vehicle for May 11th - 18th from Alamo for $121.54 (includes taxes and fees) using my Alamo Insider membership plus a coupon for $20 off a weekly rental using coupon code AD9929AAP. :cool1:

We will be driving down to Tampa during our trip. I got nervous when I read that Tampa toll are all cashless. So I started looking at the cost of the eToll/Toll Pass transponders. I originally had ressies with Thrifty and Budget but when I saw how much they charge for the length of the rental (thrifty - $36.99 and Budget $14.75) I knew I needed to look at other companies.

When I saw that Alamo charges $6.00 maximum for the length of the rental, I was sold. I found the discount on MouseSavers, checked the rates and booked!!!

I'm so relieved. Now on to planning the rest of the trip :goodvibes

ETA:

I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! Just when I didn't think it could get any better I saw chocovrdmicears post about using coupon code AD2359FDF. I tried it and it brought my total down to $103.97!!! :woohoo: :cool1: :cheer2: :dance3:

I booked yesterday with my insiders ID and the AA coupon code for $35 off. I guess I have to join AA just in case they check.

(fullsize at MCO for $96 for 8 days!!!Total with taxes and fees.) :banana:

Is there an actual coupon or an actual offer I need to print off ? Does anyone have a link to the offer or the site where to join?

I only rechecked Alamo because you guys said to...and my rate for May 16-22 went down another $3.50. Buys my chai latte at Starbucks on one of our mornings! Seriously though I cannot believe my rental went down to $76!!!

I booked yesterday with my insiders ID and the AA coupon code for $35 off. I guess I have to join AA just in case they check.

(fullsize at MCO for $96 for 8 days!!!Total with taxes and fees.) :banana:

Is there an actual coupon or an actual offer I need to print off ? Does anyone have a link to the offer or the site where to join?

Great rate!!!

Yes, I would join AAdvantage just to be safe. Go to American Airlines website and select AAdvantage and then select Join now

I don't think there is a coupon but since I was already a member I went to the AA website and printed off a temporary membership card to have with me just in case.

Didn't think I'd do much better for 5 days intermediate with Alamo, for $80 total...rechecked carsavers and now a compact ( just me and hubby this trip) for $59 total!!!

woo hoo!!! I was able to get a rate of $121 including tax for a full size car, May 12-19 with Alamo. I had a reservation with Dollar for $137 but would much rather use Alamo!!!! Now if it goes down again before we leave that would just be an extra bonus!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter