*March 2019 Check In*

10 more days! My kiddos are starting to ask when we're going to pack. My 5-year-old daughter has already picked out her outfits and is making a list of all the characters she hopes to meet. I absolutely love this last stretch of the time when the kids are super excited and can't sit still. I got them to pull all the weeds in the yard with all their excited energy (and maybe promised them some spending money if they did all their chores). Disneyland is the greatest incentive ever to get work done.

Mini trip report:

Wed March 6: rainy day...best day ever!! There were no lines for anything. We literally walked onto every ride we wanted in DL. Amazing day.
Thursday March 7: 90s nite, did write up in the 90s nite thread
Friday March 8: busier than Wednesday but not terrible, did WOC dessert party which we enjoyed. Desserts were meh but the view can't be beat
Saturday March 9: pretty busy but manageable with maxpass. ended up leaving early around 10 since we were wearing ourselves out.
Sunday March 10: we made EMH at DCA at 7:15, good thing we did, got a lot done and walked onto most things. Changed to DL around 11 and it was crazy busy

all nights were a bit chilly, but a hat and long sleeves helped a lot.

That Wednesday was amazing! I never thought I’d experience a day where we could walk onto almost everything. Our longest line was at Starbucks in the afternoon!

...aaaand my 5yo has croup. :(

We’re rebooking so he and my husband will join me and the 10yo a day late (he’s gotten croup many times, always clears up in a day - but that one day is MISERABLE).

Sigh. Rolling with the punches, but man... this stinks.

We’re rebooking so he and my husband will join me and the 10yo a day late (he’s gotten croup many times, always clears up in a day - but that one day is MISERABLE).

So sorry to hear that - how disappointing
Hope he recovers quickly and you can get on to enjoying your holiday.
Sending best wishes to you x

Currently 1:45am and I've been up since 12:42a for our 2am wake up.. I can already feel the dread of this 7hr drive! lol. But it's okay cos we're going to DISNEYLAND TODAY!

Fingers crossed for a beautiful weather week and I hope everyone who's there now is having a blast!

In less than a week we will be there. :tigger: Yes, I have to have a 17 hour drive beforehand on a bus with 33 students but it will be worth it when we get off the bus in Disneyland. I wanted to give people the heads up who are going to be in the parks next week. Our group Academy High School Symphonic Orchestra :charac2::rockband:will be performing at the Hollywood Backlot Stage in California Adventure on Tuesday, March 26th at 10:30 AM PST. Come sit down for a half hour and enjoy their performance. Look for me and other chaperones at the back with cameras and video cameras.

Also, I will be releasing on either Saturday or Sunday some Monday Fantasmic dinner reservations for River Belle Terrace and/or Tuesday Fantasmic dinner reservations at Blue Bayou. So, if you are looking for these and would like them watch this thread as I will post as soon as they are cancelled.

I wish there was a "UGG" button.

So sorry to hear that - how disappointing
Hope he recovers quickly and you can get on to enjoying your holiday.
Sending best wishes to you x
I wish there was a "UGG" button.

Thanks for the sympathy! Unfortunately, this turned out to be the one time my little guy just didn't bounce back - when he shot up to a 102 fever the next day, we made the call that he and my husband would just stay home, sigh. (His fever finally broke today, four days later!) It was honestly probably for the best - the two boys in our small house with one of them very sick would have been a recipe for disaster - but still sad for the little one! That said, it provides an excuse to plan a return trip sooner rather than later, right? And 10yo and I had a really good time with just the two of us - a very different trip than it would have been with the brothers each vying for Mom and Dad's attention!

Highlights: riding GotG (having been die-hard ToT fans) and immediately saying to each other, "Let's do that again" (and because we were in the park by 7:15 for EMH, we could!); enjoying "grown-up fancy meals" (his words!) at Blue Bayou and Lamplight Lounge; watching Fantasmic! from right at the railing, thanks to the Hungry Bear tickets; deciding it was DEFINITELY warm enough for Splash; doing both RSR and Incredicoaster at night (we stayed out way past 5yo's bedtime, after all!); and just generally enjoying mom-and-son conversation that wouldn't have been possible with a family of four.

Have written Guest Services to ask about the possibility of extending the expiration date on their tickets, which would make planning a return trip much easier - fingers crossed for some pixie dust!...

... Have written Guest Services to ask about the possibility of extending the expiration date on their tickets, which would make planning a return trip much easier - fingers crossed for some pixie dust!...

Let us know what happens with this -- Guest Services can be really good about working with individual cases. Even if the tickets do expire, they should retain their original monetary value (ask GS about this), so you would only need to pay any difference between the tickets and whichever new tickets you decide to go with on your next trip. (So don't throw the tickets away! We've had posters here learn this lesson the hard way!)
Glad to hear you're getting some good one on one time with your older son!

Last edited:
Thanks for the sympathy! Unfortunately, this turned out to be the one time my little guy just didn't bounce back - when he shot up to a 102 fever the next day, we made the call that he and my husband would just stay home, sigh. (His fever finally broke today, four days later!) It was honestly probably for the best - the two boys in our small house with one of them very sick would have been a recipe for disaster - but still sad for the little one! That said, it provides an excuse to plan a return trip sooner rather than later, right? And 10yo and I had a really good time with just the two of us - a very different trip than it would have been with the brothers each vying for Mom and Dad's attention!

Highlights: riding GotG (having been die-hard ToT fans) and immediately saying to each other, "Let's do that again" (and because we were in the park by 7:15 for EMH, we could!); enjoying "grown-up fancy meals" (his words!) at Blue Bayou and Lamplight Lounge; watching Fantasmic! from right at the railing, thanks to the Hungry Bear tickets; deciding it was DEFINITELY warm enough for Splash; doing both RSR and Incredicoaster at night (we stayed out way past 5yo's bedtime, after all!); and just generally enjoying mom-and-son conversation that wouldn't have been possible with a family of four.

Have written Guest Services to ask about the possibility of extending the expiration date on their tickets, which would make planning a return trip much easier - fingers crossed for some pixie dust!...

Sorry to hear about your little guy. Yes, a return trip would be great! Glad to hear that you are having fun with your older one. I’m sure that he is enjoying your special time together. We leave tomorrow and will be in the parks on Friday. It’s been an trying past month so really looking forward to some Disney magic.

Omg I just got news from my friend he was able to snag us some Club 33 Le Salon Nouveau reservations for the last weekend of March, I leave so soon and now my excitement level is through the roof. I never thought in a million years Id be able to set foot inside lol. Now I need to figure out how to dress, I want to dress to appreciate but not to overboard lol. would vest,slacks,tie and collared shirt be to much :)

Thanks for the sympathy! And 10yo and I had a really good time with just the two of us - a very different trip than it would have been with the brothers each vying for Mom and Dad's attention!.

Alone time with one is precious. But just watch out that the 5yo will want a do-over with just you at the 10 year mark!

I should get to bed, need to be up in 5 1/2 hours for our flight! Sunday we board the Disney Wonder for 5 nights and then Friday morning after we disembark we are taking Amtrak up to Anaheim! Woohoo!!

Packing day for our trip. My kids have watched the sing along that came out when I was a kid at least 30 times this week and are obsessed with watching ride videos on youtube. They are literally bouncing off the walls with excitement. I can't wait to get them there tomorrow.

Three hours in on a 20 hour bus ride but we will be at Disney tomorrow!! So I am releasing two Fantasmic dinner dining packages for 6 to River Belle Terrace for Monday. One is at 7:05 and the other the 8:00 (this is the one where you stay in your seats to watch the show). For the 8:00 show you need to call in for that reservation. On Tuesday I am releasing a dinner for 4 at 4:50 and a dinner for 2 at 5:50, both Fantasmic dinner shows at the Blue Bayou.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter