Marathon Weekend 2025

SAFD:

MK - used to be CHH but they keep changing their menu for the worse, honestly we usually leave and go to one of the monorail resorts for lunch but if I had to pick something then I guess Pecos Bills

EP: there is usually a festival and we eat from the booths but on the rare occasion we want a CS meal then Connections eatery

HS: Docking Bay 7 or Backlot Express

AK: Satuli

EP—the food court at the Land. There are lots of tasty options there.

Forgot about this. They used to sell a small, reasonably priced container of hummus. Then I would ask one of the food stations for some crackers/bread and I would have an instant snack.

Also, in 30+ years of having gone to WDW, I have never set foot in Cosmic Rays. Of course, it took me til my last visit to see Country Bear Jamboree!

Also, in 30+ years of having gone to WDW, I have never set foot in Cosmic Rays. Of course, it took me til my last visit to see Country Bear Jamboree!

I would be right there with you on Cosmic Ray’s, but there is usually a treat trail at MNSSHP through it so I think I’ve set foot inside. Haven’t bought or eaten food from there though.

I have still never been inside Country Bears or Hall of Presidents. They are just not my type of thing. I’d rather be waiting in line for another attraction in the time I’d spend watching them. That streak is in no threat of being broken when the revamped Country Bears reopens. (ETA: Not intended as a flex or desire for either to be replaced; I understand their place in the parks and am glad others enjoy them.)

Last edited:
Cosmic Ray’s used to serve this tasty treat:

Burger topped with Bacon and Macaroni & Cheese served on a Bun dusted with Crushed Cheese-flavored Puffs and served with French Fries

My mind would say No but my desires were saying YES!

Last edited:
The thing is, the food isn't good.

But there's entertainment, in the form of a singing animatronic alien!

But that also isn't good.

Now, I think it's so bad it's good but you have to go in with the right expectations. This short vlog clip might give you some idea, where it's rated #1 best lame thing to do at Disney.

SAFD:

MK: Columbia Harbor House - A big fan of the trio platter!
Epcot: Yorkshire County Fish Shop - I never eat fish at home, but when I go to WDW for some reason I crave fish and chips.
AK: Flame Tree Barbecue - I could eat here every meal if my family would let me.
DHS: We always struggle with food options here. I would say Ronto Roasters would be our favorite.

The thing is, the food isn't good.

But there's entertainment, in the form of a singing animatronic alien!

But that also isn't good.

Now, I think it's so bad it's good but you have to go in with the right expectations. This short vlog clip might give you some idea, where it's rated #1 best lame thing to do at Disney.
100% this. And let's not forget the "trip" that Sonny Eclipse took for what....over a year(?) recently, where it was still the same not-great food and no animatronic.

I'm starting to feel that way about Columbia Harbor House. I've heard a lot of good things about it. The reason I haven't tried it yet is I grew up in Boston, and am really picky about my seafood.

Seriously....I will only eat seafood when I'm visiting home (and hopefully moving back). I mean, fried clams from Farnham's? (or sole, or scallops or....) Heaven on a plate.

Seriously....I will only eat seafood when I'm visiting home (and hopefully moving back). I mean, fried clams from Farnham's? (or sole, or scallops or....) Heaven on a plate.
My parents would get fresh lobster from Maine when family visited, since it was an easy drive. I never really got into lobster, but rock shrimp from Maine. Yes please!

Magic Kingdom: Pinocchio Village Haus flatbread and watch Small World boats or Columbia Harbor House and watch the crowds below headed to Haunted Mansion
Epcot: (most often booths, there’s always a festival!)
Hollywood Studios: Sunset Boulevard eatery Buffalo Chicken/rice in a waffle cone bowl.
Animal Kingdom: Harambe Market rice bowl with street corn from the cart around the corner (I forgot the name) or Satu’li Canteen

I like almost all food: the mundane hamburger at Cosmic Ray’s, the buns of Satu’li, the fish at Columbia House, the jambon y guyere at Les Halles (and all the desserts), flatbread at Pinocchio Village Haus, spring rolls, pizza, tacos, rice bowls, charcuterie, hot/corn dogs, etc.
Favorite milkshake is the Madagascar vanilla at Connections Cafe. It is thick and delicious enough to be a meal by itself!
For some things I have recipes and make them at home: Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup (from Le Cellier or Canada booth), Ronto Wraps, chermoula chicken/rice bowl from Harambe Market.

I'm starting to feel that way about Columbia Harbor House. I've heard a lot of good things about it. The reason I haven't tried it yet is I grew up in Boston, and am really picky about my seafood.
Having visited Boston more times than I can count - don't go in with high expectations. We love it because the food is decent and upstairs seating is rarely busy. But compared to even a mediocre Boston seafood restaurant, it won't make the grade.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest