That makes me nervous since we’ll already be in France at that point. Hopefully our hotel can help us print but I’m not sure how much internet access we are going to have

The wifi at DLP is pretty good. I found that it disconnected a lot in the parks, but was easy to reconnect.

They also have a station at the expo where you can print the waivers. My suggestion would be to have the concierge print it since the expo line gets really long. I ended up getting out of the expo line, walking to the NY hotel, and having the concierge there print. Much faster.

Ouch! I’m pretty sure I’ve heard they can waive the ticket requirements for passholders- are they able to waive hotel room requirements for DVC members? I would think a lot of runDisney fans are frequent flyers who fall into one category if not the other.
Yep, some have removed ticket requirements for APs and hotel requirements for DVC and/or anyone "local" (within 90 miles of WDW.)

Question: if you do your long run in freezing temps, do you still do an ice bath?? I mean, it seems a little redundant to me, but maybe I’m missing something.

Question: if you do your long run in freezing temps, do you still do an ice bath?? I mean, it seems a little redundant to me, but maybe I’m missing something.

When I was running in sub-zero temps, I still used an ice bath for recovery. It's not like my muscles were cold and freezing while running.

I have never done an ice bath for recovery but have thought about the role of the cold. I did a 20 miler in 8 degrees and it felt like my entire body had an ice pack on it.

Or you could just eat a few mickey ice cream bars???

Posting my excitement because I now have my magical express luggage tags and an email saying my magic bands have shipped! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Last edited:

Certainly. If your arms/legs/etc are cold at the end of the run, then I would personally think you didn't layer enough. The only thing that is cold on me when I finish really cold runs are parts of my face (I absolutely hate putting any kind of scarf or buff over my nose and mouth).

Certainly. If your arms/legs/etc are cold at the end of the run, then I would personally think you didn't layer enough. The only thing that is cold on me when I finish really cold runs are parts of my face (I absolutely hate putting any kind of scarf or buff over my nose and mouth).

My legs are definitely cold. I can’t figure out how to keep them warm! Everywhere else is good.

Nope, never. But I don't do ice baths in the first place, lol! I'll jump in the pool or a tepid shower after a run in summer heat, just to bring down my core temp, but never ice baths. I will, however, do a hot Epsom bath after a long, cold run.

Nope, never. But I don't do ice baths in the first place, lol! I'll jump in the pool or a tepid shower after a run in summer heat, just to bring down my core temp, but never ice baths. I will, however, do a hot Epsom bath after a long, cold run.

Double yes to this... funny story, did 20 miles in the rain last weekend... jumped in my Epsom Salt bath to discover all the areas of my body that were chaffed! Yikes...

My legs are definitely cold. I can’t figure out how to keep them warm! Everywhere else is good.
Are you layering on your legs? When it dips toward freezing, I wear compression socks that go up to my knees, and compression shorts that come down to my knees, under a set of tights. That gives me two layers and the effect of compression to help with blood flow. If there is wind, or as it dips toward the teens, I add a fitted (not loose) shell running pant over that previous combination. At those 3 layers (compression, tights, pants), I've been good to 0 degrees. Admittedly, it's a bit of hassle getting dressed to head out the door, but I really hate treadmills

FYI - they gave TAs and Charity Providers ANOTHER extension to try to move leftover bibs ... everything will close for good on the 18th.

Volunteers will be working on bibs and shirts next week during pre-race weekend volunteer shifts.
Where did you get the 18th from? Is that just a TA date to sell by?

I don't ice baths anyway, but after a run when it's freezing all I want is a hot shower. Personally, I just couldn't think of putting already frozen legs into more ice, so yeah not me.

Where did you get the 18th from? Is that just a TA date to sell by?

That’s the date TAs and Charities have been told registration will close.

Last I heard, RunDisney may offer opportunities to upgrade through the Expo but at an increased transfer/upgrade cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter