Two more tips from a book I read before my first marathon - 1. Pep yourself up a bit during your long runs. Tell yourself that you are a marathoner. 2. Picture yourself running the race (passing thru the castle, under spaceship earth, crossing the finish line).
I love these. Here's my third tip. Picture yourself after the race getting photos in the parks with the medal and characters if you like that sort of thing.

Just got a TP alert that MK has changed their hours for marathon weekend. Saturday the park is open until 11PM!
Now, if I can just get a later than 9:00pm for the 14th, I'll be happy. I've decided that messing with my tried and true early to bed strategy the night before all races especially challenges should not me altered ahead of my first Dopey.

Now, if I can just get a later than 9:00pm for the 14th, I'll be happy. I've decided that messing with my tried and true early to bed strategy the night before all races especially challenges should not me altered ahead of my first Dopey.

I wish I had your commitment ... or just any sense of self-preservation. I was counting on park hours to keep me out of trouble for Dopey and now I’m thinking, “Run a marathon on four hours of sleep? I’ve had worse ideas.”

Just got a TP alert that MK has changed their hours for marathon weekend. Saturday the park is open until 11PM!

OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be done racing after the half so no need to have an early bedtime!

My current plan was AK in the afternoon. Got a Navi River FP 6:05pm. Can foresee myself heading to MK after that!!

How late does Trader Sam's stay open after that??

I closed out Disneyland at midnight after Tink half, so I know I have it in me.

OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be done racing after the half so no need to have an early bedtime!

My current plan was AK in the afternoon. Got a Navi River FP 6:05pm. Can foresee myself heading to MK after that!!

How late does Trader Sam's stay open after that??

1AM for TS

I think what you meant was, “Challenge accepted.”

giphy.gif

But also
giphy.gif

Is it "normal" to be really feeling the stress of marathon training about this far into the plan
I am feeling the wear and tear on my body, tired, hungry (SO hungry) and questioning how "peak week" the week before Christmas is fair... Still enjoying training, but let's say I'm understanding the term "cumulative fatigue" very well. I keep telling myself that I just need to get through next week, ending with the 20 miler, then I can relax a bit (and still run obviously!).

Yes, but now I'm starting to get excited too...I was uber tired the week of my 1st 4hr run, we'll see how I feel next week because now the excitement is setting in. I've also been so hungry too. Curios what taper will bring.

Is it "normal" to be really feeling the stress of marathon training about this far into the plan
I am feeling the wear and tear on my body, tired, hungry (SO hungry) and questioning how "peak week" the week before Christmas is fair... Still enjoying training, but let's say I'm understanding the term "cumulative fatigue" very well. I keep telling myself that I just need to get through next week, ending with the 20 miler, then I can relax a bit (and still run obviously!).

OMG.....YES!!! I think I’m going crazy and every little nagging pain I have has me on edge. My groin, thigh and hip started hurting out of the blue Wednesday night and I couldn’t run yesterday. While I was stretching today something popped and I’m fine again. I’m hungry. All the time. I’ve lost two pounds despite the amount of food I’ve inhaled. I have a stupid cold that has been both a curse and a blessing. I hate being sick, but it’s given me a good excuse to skip the gym this week.

OMG.....YES!!! I think I’m going crazy and every little nagging pain I have has me on edge. My groin, thigh and hip started hurting out of the blue Wednesday night and I couldn’t run yesterday. While I was stretching today something popped and I’m fine again. I’m hungry. All the time. I’ve lost two pounds despite the amount of food I’ve inhaled. I have a stupid cold that has been both a curse and a blessing. I hate being sick, but it’s given me a good excuse to skip the gym this week.

I’ve been hungry for a month and I’ve been eating ALL THE FOOD.

I wish I had your commitment ... or just any sense of self-preservation. I was counting on park hours to keep me out of trouble for Dopey and now I’m thinking, “Run a marathon on four hours of sleep? I’ve had worse ideas.”
Oh, I was considering all sorts of different ideas for marathon weekend, but after my tuneup race went all sorts of wrong, I decided to stick with what I know works. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that my best chance of finishing Dopey hinges on getting what rest I can heading into the marathon. I'm still going to the parks, but bedtime will come around 7:30 or 8:00pm.

Okay, that's seriously impressive. If I run just a half at Disneyland, I can make it to the second Fantasmic before I'm done. If I run a challenge, then I drag myself to the fireworks.

Oh, I was considering all sorts of different ideas for marathon weekend, but after my tuneup race went all sorts of wrong, I decided to stick with what I know works. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that my best chance of finishing Dopey hinges on getting what rest I can heading into the marathon. I'm still going to the parks, but bedtime will come around 7:30 or 8:00pm.

This dude isn’t going to bed before 9, if not 10. I physically cannot do it.

and now I’m thinking, “Run a marathon on four hours of sleep? I’ve had worse ideas.”
You'll be totally fine, pixie dust adrenaline will wake you up & keep you going and going and going! In 2015 I slept maybe 2 hours hours and in 2016 I didn't sleep being sick all night, maybe some fake sleep in there. This year I got 5 hours probably and it felt amazing.

You'll be totally fine, pixie dust adrenaline will wake you up & keep you going and going and going! In 2015 I slept maybe 2 hours hours and in 2016 I didn't sleep being sick all night, maybe some fake sleep in there. This year I got 5 hours probably and it felt amazing.

You’re a bad influence! Ha ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter