Also I wish they'd move registration back to October 8th 2017 or so. For scaredy-cat babies such as myself.
What is this April nonsense????

What’s to be a scaredy-cat baby about? I’m sure you’re in better shape than I am and better at following an actual training plan (my “run when I feel like it plan” didn’t go so well) and I’m about to finish my fifth of these things.

(Sorry, all the cool kids seem to be on board with this particular instance of peer pressure and I desperately want to fit in)

What’s to be a scaredy-cat baby about? I’m sure you’re in better shape than I am and better at following an actual training plan (my “run when I feel like it plan” didn’t go so well) and I’m about to finish my fifth of these things.

(Sorry, all the cool kids seem to be on board with this particular instance of peer pressure and I desperately want to fit in)

To be honest...I'm more scared of asking my family for a 5+ day vacation that really isn't one for them...so probably would be me going by myself. So it may be easier to ask them if I can just go to run the full, maybe. It's less about the physical running part than it is about the inconveniencing everyone big time with the expo and the early morning wake-ups and me being a nap-zombie and then wanting to hang with my internet fam. Stuff I am not inconvenienced by at all if I wasn't hung up on making everyone else around me happy.
Sigh...So I got a lot to think about in the next few months.

Now if I can spin it as a "Girls trip" it may be easier. But still...asking for 5 days away is a lot more than just a couple like with Tink. I'd appreciate any help figuring this whole part out.

To be honest...I'm more scared of asking my family for a 5+ day vacation that really isn't one for them...so probably would be me going by myself. So it may be easier to ask them if I can just go to run the full, maybe. It's less about the physical running part than it is about the inconveniencing everyone big time with the expo and the early morning wake-ups and me being a nap-zombie and then wanting to hang with my internet fam. Stuff I am not inconvenienced by at all if I wasn't hung up on making everyone else around me happy.

Now if I can spin it as a "Girls trip" it may be easier. But still...asking for 5 days away is a lot more than just a couple like with Tink. I'd appreciate any help figuring this whole part out.
Oh I totalllllllly feel you here. Especially with it being literally right after the holidays. I worry about getting work off, and who is coming with me. Ideally would like my hubby to come with at least, but I foresee it being just me and begging someone to let me sleep on their hotel room floor.

Oh I totalllllllly feel you here. Especially with it being literally right after the holidays. I worry about getting work off, and who is coming with me. Ideally would like my hubby to come with at least, but I foresee it being just me and begging someone to let me sleep on their hotel room floor.

Yeah, totally gotta workshop this one and draw up some play by plays and run through all scenarios!!!

My plan is to still try to make this a family trip, probably the last *big* Disney family trip for a while. My wife is pursuing nursing school and the girls are getting older, so getting away from school will be tougher. We're going to spend a week down there. The plan had been to go Wednesday to Wednesday with the races in the middle, but due to my wife's class schedule, it's going to be Monday to Monday with the post-marathon celebration at Ohana and HEA being our final fling. Even with the races in the morning, I think we can make it a good family trip. Fortunately, 2/4 mornings I'll be back from racing before my family is even awake.

Hi everyone! I've been running Disney since Wine & Dine 2013, but mostly on the west coast. With the cancellation of the DL races I've had to rethink my race calendar for 2018 and beyond. Unfortunately, it was too late for 2018 Marathon weekend. Princess does not interest me and the dates for Dark Side just don't work for me. As much as I love Wine & Dine (I ran it 3 years in a row), I am holding out for the return of a night race or the 10th Anniversary (2019). So, I decided to stay local in 2018.

I have always wanted to participate in WDW Marathon weekend, but it was too close to SW Light Side (and before that, Tink). I saw the cancellation of the Disneyland races as my big chance! So, my next runDisney weekend will be Marathon Weekend in January 2019! The Pluto themed 5k is a sure thing for this dog lover. For a second race, I'm leaning towards the full marathon. It would most likely be a one-and-done. But, there is nowhere else I would want to run 26.2!

I look forward to following everyone participating this weekend and chatting with all of you in anticipation of next year's event!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts