Venting.

No matter how much people might complain about runDisney communications for the Florida races, they win the gold medal when compared to runDisney Paris, which is in contention for the horse apple award. The expo starts in 48 hours and the bib waivers still have not been sent out.

Oh my! This may make me rethink 2019 as we'll be in France already starting on Sept 6th & not sure how much internet access we'll have during the trip.

Oh my! This may make me rethink 2019 as we'll be in France already starting on Sept 6th & not sure how much internet access we'll have during the trip.

We were supposed to have everything 2 weeks ago, which would have been reasonable. Then Friday in an email full of sponsor information they snuck in the information that the vouchers would be in our accounts this week.

Based on last years thread I knew that communication and timelyness was not a strong area for rDParis, but was not expecting this. If you base your expectations accordingly it would make sense to sign up to get the Castle to Chateau challenge medal while you are in France.

Hi! This will be my first marathon ever and I'm super excited! I submitted my POT three weeks ago, but I haven't received anything saying that it was accepted. It is saved on my registration. Is that all I can do right now or should I contact them?

Hi! This will be my first marathon ever and I'm super excited! I submitted my POT three weeks ago, but I haven't received anything saying that it was accepted. It is saved on my registration. Is that all I can do right now or should I contact them?
They don't send anything saying accepted or not - you just enter the info online. A lot of us save a screen shot of it, though, just in case a mistake is made and we need proof that we did submit PoT properly.

Yay training cycles beginning! Mine is a bit unusual because I'm running a half in less than two weeks to get a POT (hopefully to improve corral position) and I will jump into Week 5 of a training cycle after 2 weeks of recovery following the half!

Don’t sweat it. Run DLP has been slow to communicate every year thus far, but they put on a fantastic event nonetheless. Don’t worry at all.

When I couldn’t sleep last night because of #MysteryBoat, I kinda planned it out. I think we’re going to have mimosas, bloodies, a domestic beer and an IPA.

My mom scoffed at the idea of sideline drinks but I doubt she will resist a Bloody Mary.

When I couldn’t sleep last night because of #MysteryBoat, I kinda planned it out. I think we’re going to have mimosas, bloodies, a domestic beer and an IPA.
Will this stop include non alcoholic options for those of us who don't drink?

Holy schneike's - I miss a few days and get behind 10 pages of discussion!

Everything from Wisconsin vs BYU to post-race massages to POT to SAFD... you guys cover a lot of bases.

I will quickly answer SAFD (for both WDW and DLR):

Overrated Ride: Mad Tea Party... ok, so maybe that's not playing fair since it's not necessarily high on everyone's lists in the first place - but I love theme park rides and I can't make it through this one anymore... I'm just getting too old.

Overrated Show: World of Color - let me start by saying that we recently experienced the holiday version of this show last year and we were BLOWN AWAY - so I love the concept and the infrastructure of the show, and the original version was good, but not worth the time we waited to try and get to the front of our "terrace" so we wouldn't get an obstructed view. For all the work, I was just slightly disappointed. I was not disappointed, however, in the holiday version - it was aces!

I can't really answer Resort since we just haven't been to enough at WDW to gauge the differences, and when we stay at DLR, we never stay on property. As far as restaurants - I've enjoyed all the table service (and quick service) we've had at WDW for the most part. I liked the concept of Prime Time 50's, but didn't love what I ordered (I tried others in our party and liked their meals more.)

The champagne of beers! Funny note: there's a restaurant here which brings a champagne cart to your table to offer you a choice of beverage after you are seated. In addition to the half-dozen fantastic French champagnes, there is always one bottle of Miller High Life. Can't say as I've ever seen anyone choose it. ;)

Well, I guess now I have to come to Houston.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter